St James' Park

Dave

I still don't think fat boy is silly enough to do that, he knows the brand is disliked and Newcastle have never really had a problem shifting replica gear so unless he wants to lose out on more money I just can't see it, plus sponsorship from anyone other than SD means actual money, not imaginary sponsorship.

didn't llamblias say last week the club makes nothing from retail, or something to that effect?  that being the case why would they give a fuck if the fans stop buying shirts?

Someone on here was having a go at me a few weeks back when I said that SD being the shirt sponsor was under discussion. I didn't realise at the time that deal was meant to be finishing in 2014 (which they pointed out) as I was told it was going ahead next season. The last couple of days obviously make that look much more likely so I guess ita nailed on to be SD. I wonder if it will be free to SD or we will get the £2m NR currently pay?

I still don't think fat boy is silly enough to do that, he knows the brand is disliked and Newcastle have never really had a problem shifting replica gear so unless he wants to lose out on more money I just can't see it, plus sponsorship from anyone other than SD means actual money, not imaginary sponsorship.

didn't llamblias say last week the club makes nothing from retail, or something to that effect?  that being the case why would they give a f*** if the fans stop buying shirts?

Literally nothing? I just find it hard to believe they make nothing from shirt sales. But I stand corrected.

didn't llamblias say last week the club makes nothing from retail, or something to that effect?  that being the case why would they give a f*** if the fans stop buying shirts?

Literally nothing? I just find it hard to believe they make nothing from shirt sales. But I stand corrected.

They are playing the poverty line at the moment though.  Last month, it was all about how well we were doing financially.

They change their story to suit whatever agenda they are trying to push at the time.

They are playing the poverty line at the moment though.  Last month, it was all about how well we were doing financially.

They change their story to suit whatever agenda they are trying to push at the time.

could be both.

could be both.

Obviously putting SD on the shirts would still put then in the negative as the £Xm per year we were getting from NR is no longer on the books, so in effect the club would be paying for their own shirt sponsor if that's who it ends up being. Retail profits or non aside.

As if he gives a shit about that. His loss making brand/company NUFC is vehicle for his money making brand/company. No brainer to someone who doesn't give a toss tbh.

exactly, reduce NUFC costs massively and you dont need to rely on shirt sponsorship. the standard sports direct advertising boards within the ground are replacing other adverts but i dont imagine the fees were enormous and they can be covered by reducing costs too. the extra stuff such as the huge SD adverts in the gallowgate and east stand aren't replacing adverts that we were bringing money in for anyway, and crucially neither is the name of the stadium.

he gets more international advertising and the club just has to reduce spending by the amount of shirt sponsorship+normal advertising boards.

just weeks ago people were still doubting his motives for owning the club.

exactly, reduce NUFC costs massively and you dont need to rely on shirt sponsorship.

How does he go about reducing costs even more than he has?

He's reduced the wage bill massively and we don't spend big on transfers, what else can he realistically cut?

exactly, reduce NUFC costs massively and you dont need to rely on shirt sponsorship.

He's reduced the wage bill massively and we don't spend big on transfers, what else can he realistically cut?

Accordingly to some articles the wage bill incresead, didn't it? Not that I'd believe it, but I think I've read it.

Accordingly to some articles the wage bill incresead, didn't it? Not that I'd believe it, but I think I've read it.

It's gone up 7% apparently but still massively reduced on what it was when he took over.

That includes new contracts to keep Tiote and bringing in better players to the club in Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux and Santon.

It's a balancing act.

alan smith's wages for a start. Colo's too. also some tidy profits in Tiote, Cabaye etc would likely pay the sponsorship money for decades

It's gone up 7% apparently but still massively reduced on what it was when he took over.

That includes new contracts to keep Tiote and bringing in better players to the club in Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux and Santon.

It's a balancing act.

Ok then. Thought I've read it had gone up from last year.

alan smith's wages for a start. Colo's too. also some tidy profits in Tiote, Cabaye etc would likely pay the sponsorship money for decades

So you're advocating selling our best players now?! :lol:

Alan Smith will be gone at the end of the season but I want his wages used to pay new signings, not so we can be light a squad player.

Alan Smith will be gone at the end of the season but I want his wages used to pay new signings, not so we can be light a squad player.

the fuck are you talking about? i'm suggesting ways that Ashley could do without sponsorship money and therefore be able to have even more sports direct advertising for free while the club still pays for itself.

the fuck are you talking about? i'm suggesting ways that Ashley could do without sponsorship money and therefore be able to have even more sports direct advertising for free while the club still pays for itself.

Talk about backtracking! :lol:

You said he should just cut costs instead, I asked you how and you said by getting Colo to take a pay cut and selling Tiote and Cabaye!!!

i said he could cut costs to compensate for the lack of shirt sponsor money in order to put SD on it, you said costs had already been cut as much as possible, i said he could make up for it by making profits on players. nowhere in that exchange did i suggest it as the right course of action and anyone who's read any of my posts on just about any subject ever knows that's not my outlook. carry on making yourself look desperate though if you like.

i said he could cut costs to compensate for the lack of shirt sponsor money in order to put SD on it, you said costs had already been cut as much as possible, i said he could make up for it by making profits on players. nowhere in that exchange did i suggest it as the right course of action and anyone who's read any of my posts on just about any subject ever knows that's not my outlook. carry on making yourself look desperate though if you like.

How have I made it look like I'm desperate?

You said he could cut costs so that so we don't need to rely on sponsorship money, I asked how as we've cut as far as we can and you suggested selling Tiote and Cabaye.

Now if the club are almost running at break even then the club don't need to sell anyone unless they see a better player available for the same money or even cheaper, so how would it compensate not having sponsorship money?

Perhaps you should try and word things better if you want to get your point across without confusion.

You said he could cut costs so that so we don't need to rely on sponsorship money, I asked how as we've cut as far as we can and you suggested selling Tiote and Cabaye.

Now if the club are almost running at break even then the club don't need to sell anyone unless they see a better player available for the same money or even cheaper, so how would it compensate not having sponsorship money?

Perhaps you should try and word things better if you want to get your point across without confusion.

Sigh, right, one more time.

I was suggesting ways that Ashley could compensate for the lack of sponsorship money in order to have SD on the shirt and more exposure for his brand which I believe to be his priority, at no point did I suggest this was what I thought should happen or that it would be good for the club.

You've made yourself look desperate by attributing that view to me when I never once stated it and then compounded the issue by claiming I was back-tracking.

Sigh, right, one more time.

I was suggesting ways that Ashley could compensate for the lack of sponsorship money in order to have SD on the shirt and more exposure for his brand which I believe to be his priority, at no point did I suggest this was what I thought should happen or that it would be good for the club.

You've made yourself look desperate by attributing that view to me when I never once stated it and then compounded the issue by claiming I was back-tracking.

But that's how your original comments reads, which is the point I was making in the last post when I suggested you try and make it more clear with what you're saying.

Just to point out that the club has had little sponsorship for years so it doesn't need to sell players to compensate for Ashley having it for nothing.