St James' Park

Dave

Fits with Llambias saying "I need to find a new shirt sponsor by the end of December - and that's the latest".

The December deadline will be to produce for the end of season, the shirts usually turn up a couple of games before the season ends.

Sports Direct 'until we can find another sponsor' if true..

Was my thought.

How quickly can they churn out SD NUFC shirts? No doubt there will be a Blue Peter style "here are 18 we made earlier ( - and there are 3,000 more in the warehouse waiting to line the shops)".

Urgh, the thought of that happening :harry:

Though, I guess it wouldn't be a surprise to see SD on the shirts if the Twitter rumour is true.

Urgh, the thought of that happening :harry:

(but probably unsurprising if it does happen really).

Makes sense with the Stadium name announcement. Just wait for the blue, red and white kit change when Puma make the new kit next season.

Guest Roger Kint

Sports Direct cant be used on the front of the strips this season without permission from the PL. We would just have to hope someone tells Ashley to get fucked and make us play without a sponsor til June if it came to that  :huff:

Guest johnson293

Wonder if they'll bring out an iron on/sew on patch like when we changed from Greenalls to S&N mid-season in 91....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/nufc-home-2011-1.jpg

:troll:

I still don't think fat boy is silly enough to do that, he knows the brand is disliked and Newcastle have never really had a problem shifting replica gear so unless he wants to lose out on more money I just can't see it, plus sponsorship from anyone other than SD means actual money, not imaginary sponsorship.

I hope he does put Sports Direct on the shirt, because he'll soon get a shock when fuck all people buy them. That is probably one of the only ways we can actually do something about a decision he has made.

They'll hoy Sports Direct on and flog the whole sponsorship gig as a complete package: ground name, advertising around and outside of the ground and on the shirts too. Job lot for £10m a season or 5 seasons for £35m, lets's haggle you cunts.

Moneys money and why disadvantage yourself when we are supposedly strapped for cash, probably because we are not but anything to justify naming rights I guess

I still don't think fat boy is silly enough to do that,

Oh yes he is.

He's classless and a grade A cunt but he's a buisnessman first and foremost, Money is his language.

I think people on Twitter are getting confused. Twitterers are linking this with the BBC article that is quoted on the last page.

It looks like Northern Rock haven't pulled their sponsorship with "immediate effect". Instead, NR have ended their sponsorship "early" but that does not necessarily mean immediate effect does it? The article said that the contract was signed in January 2010 and that they could activate a "get-out clause" after 2 years (presumably January 2012) so the way I see it, we have 2 more months of Northern Rock being on our shirts.

I seriously doubt he'd put it on the shirt permanently. He knows he can get away with most crap because we'll still turn up, I doubt he'd destroy shirt sales by doing it.

That said though if it is true, he'll see it as a prime opportunity for free 6 months advertising knowing that most shirt sales for the season will have already been done.

Are the revenues generated by shirt sales 1/3rd of the way into a season worth more than weekly coverage of your brand on tellies all around the world ?

And more importantly does a kid watching the Premiership in China or India give a fuck about the heritage of Newcastle United. No, he just wants to spend his newly acquired disposable income on cheap sportswear so he can emulate the people he's seen on telly in the UK. And now he knows the best place to go to and spend his rupees or yuan's.....it starts with "s" has "portsdirect" in the middle and ".com" at the end.

Ker fucking ching for the fat cunt.

I seriously doubt he'd put it on the shirt permanently. He knows he can get away with most crap because we'll still turn up, I doubt he'd destroy shirt sales by doing it.

That said though if it is true, he'll see it as a prime opportunity for free 6 months advertising knowing that most shirt sales for the season will have already been done.

Retail isn't worth much, according to Llambias.