St James' Park

Dave

"I need to find a new shirt sponsor by the end of December - and that's the latest," added Lllambias.

Already done !!!!

December ?

"Our shirt sponsorship deal with Northern Rock will also expire at the end of this season, which presents would-be sponsors with the opportunity to acquire both the naming rights and shirt sponsorship deals."

"I need to find a new shirt sponsor by the end of December - and that's the latest," added Lllambias.

Already done !!!!

December ?

"Our shirt sponsorship deal with Northern Rock will also expire at the end of this season, which presents would-be sponsors with the opportunity to acquire both the naming rights and shirt sponsorship deals."

Puma apparently need to know the sponsor seven months in advance to be able to make our shirts :rolleyes:

Also, doesn't the Puma deal expire at the end of this season?

Barca face up to the economic climate by selling their shirt rights for the first time, after decades holding out and then giving it away for free to UNICEF. We, meanwhile, after decades of bringing in much needed money through selling the rights, decide to give our shirt space away for free, ostensibly to keep it free for whoever buys the 'package' of stadium and shirt rights.

It's not just sentimentality vs cold hard financial reality. Mike's plans are bad for the club in all possible ways.

Guest bimpy474

Already done !!!!

December ?

Puma apparently need to know the sponsor seven months in advance to be able to make our shirts :rolleyes:

Also, doesn't the Puma deal expire at the end of this season?

Puma must be signing a new deal then, definitely sounded like they were doing the shirts next season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

All i have heard that he has done a deal with some sports company from Quatar not sure of details  but i it is a pretty reliable source

He's directly contradicted that today by saying the rights are still for sale.

It's obviously going to be Sports Direct, if it's anything else I'll be absolutely amazed. In a good way, but still.

Would be crazy if they did as I think the number who wouldn't buy it would be a hell of a alot. That's not to say they wouldn't use http://www.soccerscene.co.uk/ instead so it's still his brand but less fans will know it's his.

I agree, but then the logic of renaming the ground or plastering it with SD logos doesn't make sense to me either. I just don't think Ashley cares about the bad reaction locally, his eye is on the international exposure for his brand.

It's obviously going to be Sports Direct, if it's anything else I'll be absolutely amazed. In a good way, but still.

Would be crazy if they did as I think the number who wouldn't buy it would be a hell of a alot. That's not to say they wouldn't use http://www.soccerscene.co.uk/ instead so it's still his brand but less fans will know it's his.

I agree, but then the logic of renaming the ground or plastering it with SD logos doesn't make sense to me either. I just don't think Ashley cares about the bad reaction locally, his eye is on the international exposure for his brand.

Difference is shirt sales bring in a huge revenue still for the club. Putting logos up all over the stadium doesn't stop many fans from turning up and good results on the pitch gives him the exposure. Losing shirt sales costs him cash which he doesn't need to do.

Difference is shirt sales bring in a huge revenue still for the club. Putting logos up all over the stadium doesn't stop many fans from turning up and good results on the pitch gives him the exposure. Losing shirt sales costs him cash which he doesn't need to do.

I hope you're right.

I hope you're right.

So do I lol I know i wouldn't buy a shirt with that logo on it.

Can see this being Sports Direct a mile off.  We have a deadline of one month to get a new sponsor in - these wankers couldn't get a replacement striker in nine fucking months with £30million.

The loss of sales of shirts will be out-weighed in his mind by having Ashley's only concern being advertised all over Europe, the Middle East and Asia whenever we score a goal, all at a cost of fuck all to that business.

Guest WashyGeordie

Possibly:

http://www.londonerseye.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/get-stuffed.jpg

Or

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_deRq9OUW3DM/Sv3XyPzn_WI/AAAAAAAAAKE/ewxeQ8aiwJ8/s320/hell_logo.jpg

?