Recent Away Allocations

Crumpy Gunt

Surely the amounts of money must be relatively small though? If we have to return a few tickets a handful of times a season, we should be able to bear that cost.

Also, do the home club get 100% of the ticket revenue, including away ticket sales?

they do

considering the business plan of our owner, I'm not at all surprised he doesn't want to risk losing anything. he wont lose anything with reduced allocation, but risks losing x amount by taking the higher

If we take the same policy with clubs not selling away tickets at SJP then the costs should effectively net off over a season, or even leave us with a slight profit as we have a bigger away end than most.

If they really think people will believe that the couple of grand saved from not taking a bigger allocation will be invested in player purchases, well they really don't deserve to share the same oxygen as us.

If they really think people will believe that the couple of grand saved from not taking a bigger allocation will be invested in player purchases, well they really don't deserve to share the same oxygen as us.

:kasper: where's this?! :lol:

Guest ToonUltra

Tbf, the question isnt really clear on whether its about the allocation

Are you aware of fans' disgruntlement with the away ticketing policy given the Toon Army are amongst the most loyal fans in the UK, and will you consider reviewing the policy?

YES, we’re aware that some fans are unhappy with the changes we’ve made.

There was however a lot of anger from the majority of law-abiding fans at the behaviour of a few at our friendly game against Darlington that evening, and it’s as a result of their behaviour that we have introduced these restrictions.

We did so to protect the reputation of the club. The scenes we witnessed at Darlington were disgraceful and cannot be repeated. The changes we’ve made ensure that the club has better control over who gets access to away tickets so that people who break the law are able to be identified much more easily.

If non season ticket holders want to purchase tickets for away games, then it’s very simple to do so by way of a club membership.

HA HA HA!!! Thats a fucking joke isn't it? Sports Direct Arena....protecting the reputation! Fuck off ya cockney wankers! GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

As posted in the Norwich thread, this was their response to me last season:

Hi there,

Opposition clubs offer a number of ticket options to us - some on a sale or return basis and some on a sale only basis. The Club makes a decision on a game by game basis regarding how many tickets it forecasts it can sell based on demand at that time. 

It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for.  If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.

Kind Regards

Box Office

Love how player investment is always used as the excuse.

It's a cunning plan by Ashley and a one similar to that of Eric Cartman and his theme park.

Tell people that they can't come and more want to come because of it.

"So much to do at away games! But you can't come (especially you, Shearer and Keegan!)"

"I heard a story a while back that someone working for the box office, I assume Simon Esland was threatened with their job regarding Arsenal away. We had a 2000 allocation which we sold, Arsenal offered more but we had to pay upfront for the extra tickets. NUFC asked Llambias if they could go ahead and get them, Llambias threatened him with his job if we didn't sell out. Thus, no more tickets came."

As posted in the Norwich thread, this was their response to me last season:

Hi there,

Opposition clubs offer a number of ticket options to us - some on a sale or return basis and some on a sale only basis. The Club makes a decision on a game by game basis regarding how many tickets it forecasts it can sell based on demand at that time. 

It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for.  If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.

Kind Regards

Box Office

Love how player investment is always used as the excuse.

That's shocking.

"I heard a story a while back that someone working for the box office, I assume Simon Esland was threatened with their job regarding Arsenal away. We had a 2000 allocation which we sold, Arsenal offered more but we had to pay upfront for the extra tickets. NUFC asked Llambias if they could go ahead and get them, Llambias threatened him with his job if we didn't sell out. Thus, no more tickets came."

We just don't understand how fucking horrible they can be.

It's fucking irritating how they constantly use the veiled threat of "we wont have the cash to buy players if we dont do this, that and other".

"If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment." :mackems:

i heard we didnt sign Ronaldinho in 2003 because we had 10 unsold tickets for Everton away...

• 2 weeks later...

Bolton sold out in a day now, Boxing Day ruined. This is the biggest scandal going on at the club to be honest, even bigger than all the other shit they try to pull. Denying their own fans the opportunity to attend games in case of a fluke situation where the biggest away following in the country doesn't sell out one fucking game and it costs them a couple of grand/hundred/quid.

Pitiful set of cunts they are.

Bolton sold out in a day now, Boxing Day ruined. This is the biggest scandal going on at the club to be honest, even bigger than all the other s*** they try to pull. Denying their own fans the opportunity to attend games in case of a fluke situation where the biggest away following in the country doesn't sell out one f***ing game and it costs them a couple of grand/hundred/quid.

Pitiful set of c***s they are.

Here fucking here.

Was about to buy 8 tickets tonight and it was sold out, fucking foaming.

I'm treading carefully as you two are clearly both fired up, but I really wouldn't get worked up about it. I would be very surprised if there aren't more tickets available for a number of reasons:

a) It went straight to 0 points not the usual 25

b) There were 2 available per person rather than the usual 1

c) Bolton struggle to sell their other three stands, there is no way they have started selling tickets in the upper tier of the away end yet. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they ever have anyone in there even if the away team only brings a small allocation.

Apologies if I turn out to be wrong, however, i'd be fairly confident that some more will become available - the club is probably just getting them in batches. You know how piss poor that online site has been this season.