Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Its getting ridiculous now. Wish they'd just tell us how long he's out instead of pushing it back game by game.

Could it be that injuries don't actually work like that? It depends how he's feeling and recovering, surely?

Never understand why people expect the club to be psychic about exactly which game a player will be back for.

Getting it slightly wrong is fair enough, but thats 4 games now for a fairly short term injury.

the thing is, mcl knee injuries are notoriously fickle. I had a similar problem with my knee and you can do all the running you like without pain at one stage but sometimes the slightest twist can set you back weeks. they're probably better off just resting him for a while especially while guthrie's playing well. he may not tackle and harry as well as Tiote (who does) but I daresay he's been giving it away less.

I think Jonas is a bigger loss in this game than Tiote. We've proved with Guthrie that the team can compete against the best with him in there. Without Jonas we definitely lose some stability down the left.

It's still not nearly as bad as losing either of the starting centre halves though as that would change things completely.

Guest Roger Kint

Best                  Ba

HBA    Cabaye  Guthrie    Obertan

Santon  Coloccini  Saylor Simpson

Krul

Not sure i would fancy that against 4-3-3 that they are going to play. Then again the options arent great tbh.

Its getting ridiculous now. Wish they'd just tell us how long he's out instead of pushing it back game by game.

Could it be that injuries don't actually work like that? It depends how he's feeling and recovering, surely?

Never understand why people expect the club to be psychic about exactly which game a player will be back for.

Bit suspect considering Tiote said he'd back for the Man Utd game during the Citeh game at bobbydazzla's yard.

I can't see Pardew bringing in Santon at left back but I still think the best option is for Santon to go left midfield to secure things up a bit. I think he'll stick with Ben Arfa behind Ba, Best is only really just comign back from his knock too so can't see him starting. Ben Arfa/Ba look to be doing alright too. Not sure what he'll go for left midfield but I think something like this:

Krul

Simpson              Colo              Saylor              Raylor

Obertan              Cabaye            Guthrie            Santon

Ben Arfa

Ba

Guest Roger Kint

I can't see Pardew bringing in Santon at left back but I still think the best option is for Santon to go left midfield to secure things up a bit. I think he'll stick with Ben Arfa behind Ba, Best is only really just comign back from his knock too so can't see him starting. Ben Arfa/Ba look to be doing alright too. Not sure what he'll go for left midfield but I think something like this:

Krul

Simpson              Colo              Saylor              Raylor

Obertan              Cabaye            Guthrie            Santon

Ben Arfa

Ba

I would like that, cant see Pardew doing it though(think we will see Sammy instead)

Is Tiote actually training? Can't say I've seen many of the training pics lately

From whats been said he's training but clearly isn't involved in much of the full contact training. Ligament injuries are a bugger though.

That's what I thought. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere that he was training. Oh well. Thank fuck Guthrie's in form atm.

I would like that, cant see Pardew doing it though(think we will see Sammy instead)

Yeah be interesting to see what he goes for. Chelsea's defence is creaking so maybe he'll go for the more attacking approach which would be Sammy.

AVB's famous high line means loads of space behind Terry and Luiz, who aren't the quickest.

In previous games, Pardew's always opted for pace down the right (Obertan, Marveaux, Sammy vs City), but he's always played it safe on the left to accommodate for Raylor.

This situation REALLY reminds me of the Carroll one...! ! !

Aye, it really piss me off if the outcome is the same.....

I mean REALLY PISS ME OFF.

:explode:

Not entirely sure how you are concluding that the situations are comparable, but let's just hope whoever gets Tiote 'rests' him for half the season in the same manner. ;)

Agree though that it's getting frustrating, but that's just the nature of these niggling type of injuries sadly.

Surely we've got to see Santon - even if from the bench - this week.

I'd hope so too, but skeptical

and don't call me Shirley

It would be quite nice to phase him into the league in a midfield slot (where any errors won't prove quite as costly), but given his lack of cameos off the bench I don't think he's even in the running in Pardew's mind.