Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

That was so moving from Shearer. I just can't comprehend this. Something just doesn't add up when you hear how many plans he was making with friends and family for the future.

Call me ignorant, but since it does appear that he never gave any impression of being in a bad way and was indeed actively making plans for the near future, it is just beyond me what could have happened in his mind in the following 12 or so hours, what could have caused him to go to such a dark place that he thought this was the answer. Absolutely cannot get my head around it. So, so tragic.

i haven't really come close to crying, still just in shock and wondering what happened

Have to admit, I hit a wall about half 1 last night and shed a few reading comments from some of the famous faces of football. Don't know what I'll do with a minute's silence on Saturday lunchtime like.

i haven't really come close to crying, still just in shock and wondering what happened

Have to admit, I hit a wall about half 1 last night and shed a few reading comments from some of the famous faces of football. Don't know what I'll do with a minute's silence on Saturday lunchtime like.

Yep. Have no idea how i'll react. I still have a tear in my eye when i sing One Bobby Robson man :/

That was so moving from Shearer. I just can't comprehend this. Something just doesn't add up when you hear how many plans he was making with friends and family for the future.

Call me ignorant, but since it does appear that he never gave any impression of being in a bad way and was indeed actively making plans for the near future, it is just beyond me what could have happened in his mind in the following 12 or so hours, what could have caused him to go to such a dark place that he thought this was the answer. Absolutely cannot get my head around it. So, so tragic.

I don't think anyone can really know what goes through the mind of someone just before they commit suicide until/if you're in a state like that yourself. It's horrible to even contemplate what was going through his mind between these last appearances and the act of ending his life.

Even worse for his wife who found him, and the rest of the family. They'll never fully recover from it.

A famous persons death has never affected me like this before, not sure if it's because of the football focus thing or what, but it's been on my heart massively since I found out.

Woke up feeling so sad, and have felt the same all day, I've shed a tear watching the bryn law thing.

Tragic, so, so sad.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Its just all so horrible.

Saturday's going to be tough, I just hope we can do him justice with whatever tribute we can offer