Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

It mentions at the top of the piece that the predictions might not be possible.

Yes, but if you're going to predict the last 4 of the tournament then bloody look at the draw.  Not even that hard with only 4 groups as well.

It mentions at the top of the piece that the predictions might not be possible.

This tickled me. :lol:

"Here are our predictions. Mind, there's a chance they'll be logistically impossible, but otherwise, here you go."

Guest MrSundlofer

If you didn't know, Ibrahimovic will play as the attacking midfielder and not as the striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation. The two defensive midfielders will be two attacking players - Källström is one of them and the other one will be Svensson or Elm.

Elmander, if injury free, will be the striker, if not - Rosenberg will play... and Toivonen will play on the left wing.

Our main problem is our right back position. Lustig returned to the starting eleven yesterday and played well but he's had a difficult season as Celtic.

And it doesn't looks like Jonas Olsson will start at all.

Guest MrSundlofer

Lustig is basically our only right back. No competition in that position at all. But Granqvist has played there lately and been good I think. A central defender from Genoa.

I want our defence to look like:

Andreas Granqvist - Olof Mellberg - Jonas Olsson - Martin Olsson

Guest MrSundlofer

The team in full, as I want it:

Andreas Isaksson

Rasmus Elm - Kim Källström

Sebastian Larsson - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ola Toivonen

Johan Elmander

Work sweepstake time - I got Italy. A team I don't particularly see doing too well.

I don't know why but I fancy Ireland to surprise us all and get through the group stages :laugh:

Guest je85

Ireland will lose at least 3 games in the group stages.

Unbeaten in 14, clean sheets in 11 of those.

Think Ireland have a decent chance of making it through.

Not saying they're a good team but on their day they can beat Italy and Croatia. Wouldn't be surprised if they squeeze into 2nd.

Guest je85

Not a pretty team but functional and well organised. Would not be surprised to see a loss a draw and a win nicked in one of the three.

Not a pretty team but functional and well organised. Would not be surprised to see a loss a draw and a win nicked in one of the three.

Basically, England with worse players.

The team in full, as I want it:

Andreas Isaksson

Rasmus Elm - Kim Källström

Sebastian Larsson - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ola Toivonen

Johan Elmander

Elmander is an injury doubt though isn't he? I know that's your preferred line-up but isn't Svensson also nailed on to start?

I look forward to a Sweden side playing with a bit more freedom than previous years, regardless. :thup:

Guest je85

Basically, England with worse players.

and playing the system much better. Whelan and Andrews are possibly the worst footballing CM pair in the tournament, but their positional discipline and protecting the back 4 is good.

Ireland will lose at least 3 games in the group stages.

Unbeaten in 14, clean sheets in 11 of those.

I didn't know that. It's gonna hurt when they lose 3 games on the trot.