Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That 'look at his face' commentary is from a totally different moment unfortunately. Never like it when they fake stuff like that.

That's even worse than when they do commentary at a later date and make a terrible job at faking excitement.

France aren't strong enough in defence to win the Euro's.  There will be costly mistakes from the likes of Mexes and at least one team will successfully utilize the acres of space Debuchy leaves behind when he decides to play right wing.

France aren't strong enough in defence to win the Euro's.  There will be costly mistakes from the likes of Mexes and at least one team will successfully utilize the acres of space Debuchy leaves behind when he decides to play right wing.

Most of the teams in the tournament have weaknesses at the back IMO. Global trend.

You'd like to think it makes for an exciting tournament but it rarely works out like that.

One of the disappointing things about this tournament is the lack of quality outsiders IMO.

I think this is going to be dominated by the big sides, the Germans and the Spanish are absolutely stacked to the point where they could field 2 full XIs. The next tier down look very weak to me looking through their squads.

Hopefully we get somebody from nowhere.

Seems to know his shit the lad who wrote them Zonal Marking articles. I wonder if he does anything else but watch football. Reminds me a bit of Marcotti, seems to forget footballers are actually humans.

Russia will be favourites, non?

If someone can fill me in on how Poland have been doing since Ridman's constant rants about them being spectacularly shit, it's appreciated. :lol:

I think Poland will get out of thier group, they are a lot better than people are giving them credit for they have some good players i mean nearly half of the BVB team is polish ffs lol.

If they get a lucky draw in the quarters i can see them getting to the semi's as i do expect them to get out of the group no problems.

Russia will be favourites, non?

If someone can fill me in on how Poland have been doing since Ridman's constant rants about them being spectacularly shit, it's appreciated. :lol:

I was hoping he'd come and fill us in. I think he's at the tournament though, isn't he?

From an outsider I think they've fallen on their feet a bit as they've had a very good striker and goalkeeper burst onto the scene over the last 18 months.

I've grown to love that group as much as the others. There's no standout players, no standout team - everything is on the same level. You'd hope that means they'd all go for it, but there's not a lot of quality there. Poland look good though, they don't concede many and have a golden boot contender up front.

I think Poland will get out of thier group, they are a lot better than people are giving them credit for they have some good players i mean nearly half of the BVB team is polish ffs lol.

If they get a lucky draw in the quarters i can see them getting to the semi's as i do expect them to get out of the group no problems.

Lucky draw? :lol: They've got one of Holland or Germany in the quarters if they get past the group.

The real problem in that group is that the Greeks exist. I am sick of them to be quite honest. Euro 2004 was bad enough but they've bored everybody to fuck at two tournaments since.

Really dull side.

Lucky draw? :lol: They've got one of Holland or Germany in the quarters if they get past the group.

:lol: "And Poland have drawn Ipswich at home."

The real problem in that group is that the Greeks exist. I am sick of them to be quite honest. Euro 2004 was bad enough but they've bored everybody to fuck at two tournaments since.

Really dull side.

On the plus side though, that lass they sent to Eurovision was ridiculous.

Can't think of anything else in their favour.

Angelos Charisteas probably fucked their economy as well. Everything can be traced back to that ill-fated tournament.

Really dull side.

On the plus side though, that lass they sent to Eurovision was ridiculous.

Can't think of anything else in their favour.

Angelos Charisteas probably fucked their economy as well. Everything can be traced back to that ill-fated tournament.

Sometimes I think maybe the economic slump is karma for the footballing AIDS of 2004.

Charisteas missed the cut this time around. They've actually got two diminutive, skillful players in Ninis and Fetfatzidis that are quite interesting. Inevitably however, they don't play them.

Had'nt checked how the draw pans out.... forget that idea then :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Joris Mathijsen (Holland) likely to miss the game against Denmark. Holland having some serious problem at the back now.

I predict Russia to win the Group A. They have a very strong team. There first team is almost only players from CSKA and Zenit.

I am surprised that Poland only played pre-games against weaker sides: Latvia, Slovakia and Andorra. No real tests there.

Could see Ireland doing what New Zealand did. Three brave draws but I reckon two of the others will win one each too.