Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I see there is often a call for ex pros to get involved as they've played the game at the highest level.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a solution, the majority of football fans haven't played the game at the highest level but some of the decisions made today have been beyond ridiculous, not even subjective.

The most subjective one being the Oliver one, which he stuck with.

The Leeds penalty, West Ham goal and our goal were all clear, just anyone that watches football knows the officials got it wrong.

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I see there is often a call for ex pros to get involved as they've played the game at the highest level.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a solution, the majority of football fans haven't played the game at the highest level but some of the decisions made today have been beyond ridiculous, not even subjective.

The Leeds penalty, West Ham goal and our goal were all clear, just anyone that watches football knows the officials got it wrong.

I put money on Oliver calling Mason a few names when he watched MOTD

I will admit the presence of VAR only heightens the frustration and anger, and in that respect it's not a positive :lol:  :lol: 10 years ago it's "oh he had a bad angle / he was blocked by players / must not have seen it" and you could maybe kinda go on with your life. Now it's "the daft cunt saw 3 different videos of it and still fucked up? burn it to the ground."

No way they're getting the same replays as we are and just innocently making catastrophic mistakes that no one can make sense of. I think the question here is the integrity of some of the referees, especially in the VAR room.

I fucking hate the fact the FA is some kind of infallible higher power and that daring to question their decisions is somehow a sacrilegious affront to god himself. 

Anyway, all these fuckups are manufactured in a way to create talking points and continue the 'anything can happen in the best league in the world ™' narrative. 

Nowt will ever change. 

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Lee Mason has 15 years of PL experience and made that VAR decision yesterday. Let that sink in

Making it more incredible he came to that decision yesterday, it’s blatantly cheating us out of a goal , no other way to describe it , he wants sacking .

3 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I agree.On MOTD Murphy suggested ex-pro’s should be involved in VAR.By the way,Bowen dragged his foot to make contact with Mendy,therefore a foul was committed.

7 hours ago, Dembacha said:

Who decides what needs to be reviewed?

Good question.There must be more than one person in the room because other incidents may take place while the appointed ref in charge of VAR is viewing the initial incident.The commentator seems to find out VAR’s decision before the ref? This would suggest VAR are working with the tv company so they should have been able to watch every angle available.

7 hours ago, BlueStar said:

I think they hoped VAR would prevent referees dropping clangers and looking like they don't know what they're doing, but it's done the opposite. You have plausible deniability pre-VAR, you can say "Ah, I just didn't see it, we're only human".  Now we've found that the people in charge of applying the rules literally don't know what the laws of the game are.  City match last year being a case in point, not a penalty because it was an off the ball challenge.

Therefore you could punch another player with the ball nowhere near and it wouldn’t be a penalty? 

6 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I know they are professional, but there seems to be a lot of new referees without the experience. They mentioned it on MOTD in relation to our game, but that West Ham ref looked like another newbie. Then you've got the Aussie. 

On the pitch I agree, but VARs with the benefit of video? It cannot be incompetence?

The decisions yesterday were clear cut, I don’t think I’ve seen a single person even be able to play devils advocate about any of them [emoji38]

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Therefore you could punch another player with the ball nowhere near and it wouldn’t be a penalty? 

I’m not sure it would.

Stopped game, red card, drop ball isn’t it?

depends how far away the ball is mind, if it’s just been cleared then possibly it’s a foul in an active area so penalty, if it’s totally no where near the active play then drop ball

Dog awful it may be but, other than the institutional bias to the bigger teams that's always prevailed, I'm not minded to think the whole things stitched up. I just think their massively incompetent. 

I can't even figure out why ours was struck off. Its a goal OR a pen all day. 

Just watch the Bowen one. He leaves a foot in. Regardless that Mendy ain't saving Cornet's shot, Bowen gave the ref/VAR a get-out. 

If there was a definite conspiracy against us the foul on Fraser v Wolves wouldn't have been given. Maybees Miggy v City would've been overturned? 

It's just shit refereeing 

No amount of incompetence can explain why anybody who watches football, never mind a professional referee, would view the Willock or Bowen 'fowls' in the way the VAR did.

There are clearly other factors, whether it's just flat out corruption, inherent biases, or something else. I don't even think it's OTT to say we cannot reasonably continue the season in a weeks time without it being sorted out one way or another. It's killing the sport.

Ours is clear cut. Lee Mason wants either sacked or kicked to death, his choice ?

The Bowen one isn't, imho. If I was a ref I'd give the goal. However, as Ive stated, Bowen leaves a foot in. We've all seen them do it. Vardy was particularly good at it. Salah too. Leave a foot in, cheat a penalty. 

Bowen, in cheating, cost his side an equaliser by given the ref/VAR team an excuse. 

I know Mendy wasn't ever gonna get up and save the resulting shot but Bowen tried to cheat and it cost them. 

Edited by Groundhog63

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Ours is clear cut. Lee Mason wants either sacked or kicked to death, his choice ?

The Bowen one isn't, imho. If I was a ref I'd give the goal. However, as Ive stated, Bowen leaves a foot in. We've all seen them do it. Vardy was particularly good at it. Salah too. Leave a foot in, cheat a penalty. 

Bowen, in cheating, cost his side an equaliser by given the ref/VAR team an excuse. 

I know Mendy wasn't ever gonna get up and save the resulting shot but Bowen tried to cheat and it cost them. 

Nah. Not having that. The Bowen one was just as bad as the Willock decision. Both are absolutely absurd and clearly the wrong decision. There is no grey area. 

Seems keepers are still massively over-protected.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. Not having that. The Bowen one was just as bad as the Willock decision. Both are absolutely absurd and clearly the wrong decision. There is no grey area. 

Seems keepers are still massively over-protected.

Appreciate I'm either being a hypocrite or trying to have my cake and eat it in a way but I've already said the West Ham goal should've stood. I just think Bowen left them a get out by, ultimately, trying to cheat a penalty. 

No argument the refs are shit and their use of VAR in total dissarray. 

I don’t even understand why people think he needed to be shown the reverse angle which shows the push.

Lets say he only got the angle he got, let’s say it never showed the push. What does it show? Willock throwing himself at a loose ball and their keeper trying to get to it. So both players are going for a 50/50 ball, neither get to it but there is a clash, a clash that happens after the goal is scored.

Where the fuck is the foul?

Edited by Stifler

Never mind leaving a foot in, Madison stuck a foot out for their penalty against us last season [emoji38]

The refs know the rules, they’re just selectively applying them/manipulating them. I don’t know why, but yesterday was about as concrete as you’ll get for showing it isn’t incompetence driving it.