Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just now, Froggy said:

:lol: I have a friend with one. Lovely pup. Definitely not an animal for the uneducated though. Insane strength.

Aye, there seems to be a craze with them at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in the camp of "its not the dogs thats the problem its the owners" and it's how the owners brought them up, but some breeds - like the XL Bullys - are definitely bred with a bit of tenacity in their genes and they can be unpredictable. Them, Cane Corsos, Neopolitian Mastiffs etc. all definitely for the more experienced dog owner. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

So for clarification, was the handball in the build up to the first goal actually ok? Because Gordon didn’t score himself, and it was accidental, by the letter of the law this year that’s ok, right?

Correct.  This is the current rule, verbatim.

"It is an offence if a player:

- - - deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

- - - touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

- - - scores in the opponents’ goal:

- - - - - - directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

- - - - - - immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental."

46 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

The mo salad pen for liVARpool......I'm sick of seeing this guy blatantly cheat and by lauded for it for being clever 

Did you have the same opinion about Gordon last week, which I thought was less of a penalty than Salah's? 

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I did not think it was a pen last week. I said so at the time. 

Salah's was a clear cut penalty as you'll see. No one complained at the decision too much which is normally a good indication of the decision.

3 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

So you think there was 0% play acting? 

I think it's rare in this modern age that people don't try to buy a penalty. After all, you don't get anything trying to stay on your feet.

7 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Really? 

Was just a joke and didn't mean to offend anyone. There's a lot of things with the modern game that I don't agree with. The diving, VAR and ridiculous wages etc. 

I think most of us know over the last 2 decades that it is no longer about the fans and more about making money. 

33 minutes ago, CPL said:

Was just a joke and didn't mean to offend anyone. There's a lot of things with the modern game that I don't agree with. The diving, VAR and ridiculous wages etc. 

I think most of us know over the last 2 decades that it is no longer about the fans and more about making money. 

I can't argue with any of that