Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

If it were most other clubs I'd have some sympathy but because it's Liverpool it'll probably result in an overhaul of the rules as a grovelling apology that wouldn't be forthcoming for many/any other clubs.

It's a hilariously bad decision but nothing other clubs haven't faced enough times, sometimes with these whinging cunts benefitting from it themselves.

Ah well, at least this is their ammunition to cry for the rest of the season about how officials hate them while they get decision after decision in their favour that goes unchecked to make up for the refs not holding their hand one time.

Genuinely fucking hate them. I really do. :lol: Hand them a decision like that every week and I'll forgive VAR of every other one of its ills for the rest of time.

21 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I've just seen the disallowed goal in the Tottenham-Liverpool game and it has to be one of the worst (and funniest) decisions ever because not only it went to VAR check but they still made the wrong call in the end. 😅

Well, they made the right call and then communicated it incorrectly.  They thought the goal had been allowed on-field and they were being asked to check if that should be overturned. So they drew the lines, decided he was onside and sent out the "check complete" message indicating to stick with the on field decision, which they thought was that the goal should stand.

Would love to have heard their reaction when they saw Spurs taking a free kick.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

No one cares about incompetence, that evens itself out. VAR if it's used properly will at least rule out local bias. The problem is, at the moment VAR is controlled by humans who are inherently biased.

Incompetence, not conspiracy, is at the heart of what goes wrong with this.  It wasn't anti-Liverpool bias which disallowed that goal.

9 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Brilliant idea 

Nah, those just go against you, this was corrupt. Never has a decision went against them so badly since last season when they were not given our Champions League place despite finishing behind us.

28 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Brilliant idea 

Isak, Thaigo’s basketball against West Ham last season.

Thats without you get into the incompetence in not sending Alexander-Arnold off a few weeks back.

Edited by Sima

26 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Well, they made the right call and then communicated it incorrectly.  They thought the goal had been allowed on-field and they were being asked to check if that should be overturned. So they drew the lines, decided he was onside and sent out the "check complete" message indicating to stick with the on field decision, which they thought was that the goal should stand.

Would love to have heard their reaction when they saw Spurs taking a free kick.

Yet another reason why we should be able to hear the communication back and forth between the ref on the field and the VAR team at Stockley. If they knew the audio was being broadcast live then I think there would be more time and care taken to reach the correct and justifiable decision with their reasoning out in the public domain. Why can't that happen? Happens in cricket and the egg chasing and can't see any reason why it shouldn't happen in the PL. The more transparency the better 

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Isak, Thaigo’s basketball against West Ham last season.

Thats without you get into the incompetence in not sending Alexander-Arnold off a few weeks back.

Yes what happened about that? Any chance we accepted the decision and moved on? 

I suppose van dick getting sent off made up for it? 

Pack of fuckin cunts

Edited by Pancrate1892
Spelling

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Sick already of hearing about how it was the worst officiating performance in the history of the premier league. Fucking biased nonsense. Terrible offside decision sure. Everything else was either fine or arguable as being fine. Fucking Liverpool and the victim narrative after years of them getting huge numbers of unfair decisions. The gall man 

This is it. It was like a 7.5 on a bad refereeing scale. People are going on like it was a 10. For Klopp to say that’s the worst refereeing performance he has ever seen is a tacit admission his teams have been lucky with decisions.

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

This is it. It was like a 7.5 on a bad refereeing scale. People are going on like it was a 10. For Klopp to say that’s the worst refereeing performance he has ever seen is a tacit admission his teams have been lucky with decisions.

Strange, it's not like him to exaggerate or lie whilst not weighing up everything that has preceded an event. Especially making himself look like an absolute dickhead at the same time 

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

The hyperbole behind the Liverpool VAR decision has reached a fever pitch like. It was an egregious error, but what team hasn't had a few of those go against them? 

Asking for a higher level of competence from match officials should be expected and is sorely needed. Seeing comments about the integrity of the title race being compromised is just :anguish:

If it's during Burnley v Luton at 3PM, it barely gets a mention.

The linesman fucked up flagging offside

The ref accepted that and awarded the offside

VAR thought he'd awarded the goal. Had quick deek then said "check completed" 

Referee thought they'd confirmed he was correct

Spurs took the free kick

No returns

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, midds said:

Yet another reason why we should be able to hear the communication back and forth between the ref on the field and the VAR team at Stockley. If they knew the audio was being broadcast live then I think there would be more time and care taken to reach the correct and justifiable decision with their reasoning out in the public domain. Why can't that happen? Happens in cricket and the egg chasing and can't see any reason why it shouldn't happen in the PL. The more transparency the better 

I don’t think it it would have in this instance as they would also want to be seen as being efficient. 

If you mic’d them up now then sure I can see absolute care in making sure the language from the ref was 100% clear in his ask and maybe check complete would be followed by the answer, but it’s responding to what is ultimately an embarrassing event and not something that they’d build into the protocol if it happens happens before - if that garble makes any sense!

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

The hyperbole behind the Liverpool VAR decision has reached a fever pitch like. It was an egregious error, but what team hasn't had a few of those go against them? 

Asking for a higher level of competence from match officials should be expected and is sorely needed. Seeing comments about the integrity of the title race being compromised is just :anguish:

:lol: No one gave a FUCK when it was Isak at Anfield. I'm heated.

They're absolutely right, it is completely unfair. The likes of Bournemouth, Everton, Leeds, Brighton and even ourselves have had to put up with completely unacceptable officiating for years. But that's fine because we're merely cannon fodder and the decisions usually take place at Anfield, Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.

So in the words we usually get, it's OK, it evens itself out over a season. Or as I prefer, fucking get over it you whiney Scouse cunts.

45 minutes ago, midds said:

Maybe, but this feels more like a protocol error to me. 

It seems in this case the VAR has made the correct call, and quickly at that, and just gone "check complete" as a shorthand for "agree with your decision" which he erroneously thought was to allow the goal. 

If instead they confirmed what the ref's decision was this wouldn't happen. "Check complete, goal is awarded". "Check complete, no penalty" then this sort of problem goes away. 

Do VAR have a direct line to the ref? Surely they can communicate better with them? You see it in other sports where they have a video ref, however that ref is in the stadium, but they still talk through it. 

It's classic Liverpool fans making out like everyone us against them but they are so dismissive when they get favorable decisions 

As for the ref, he got the big calls right so this idea it was an awful refereeing performance is nonsensical and I can easily understand why the linesman flagged as they aren't easy decisions to make

Both red cards were correct but Liverpool fans are trying to make it out it was all bad and all against them

The offside call was farcical, maybe I'm missing something but for those checks why doesn't the VAR official say "It's offside,  no goal" or "It's onside, goal stands", surely that's a more logical wording to use and you avoid all this 

Only an idiot would come up with the phrase “check complete” to relay the decision of a review. I mean, how difficult could it be to come up with a few possible outcomes like “goal stands”, “goal disallowed”, “red card”, etc. “Check complete” ffs, that’s a process status remark not an outcome.

Edited by Unbelievable

16 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

I'd also argue for refs to be mic'd up, we need to hear the discussion

Wouldnt be allowed until IFAB introduce it into the LOTG so theres a blanket ban arouns live comms accross football currently so this isnt the fault of PGMOL.

Last week I was working in Adelaide for the week. Got the late flight back to Perth but had the unfortunate chance to bump into the British Consul-General for Victoria who was flying back to Melbourne.

I am aware this could come across as a ‘mackem at work’ story but whatever.

After clocking his accent and engaging in polite conversation - to be fair he got my accent pretty accurate - I was questioned on how I felt about SA owning us.

Cut a long story short:

Liverpool apparently blocked out takeover on ‘ethical grounds’ Prem isn’t corrupt apparently 

Them and Manure are the biggest teams with the widest support and that won’t change. We’re a small one-city club and thats it.

Its the likes of us and Man C fault the ESL idea came about.

We’re corrupt, but when asked if he didn’t mind accepting SA money for the players ‘that’s different’

We will break FFP because SA ‘aren’t in it to finish second’ 

lot’s more..

I usually don’t mind Liverpool fans but the last few years they’re up there as utter cunts and cunts that are terrified of us.

Would’ve loved to have watched the spurs game with him

Edited by Thomson Mouse