Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I actually have a certain amount of sympathy for them tbh. 

They're clearly going as fast as they can and because it was so obviously onside they've just got on with it. 

Sort the language out "check complete - onside, goal stands" or whatever and the problem is gone. And I reckon that's down to the guidance they gave rather than any obvious fault on their part. 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

In the laws of the game i'm not sure you're allowed to (Which is stupid fwiw), this is from IFAB:

Oh I realise that but the laws of the game also say that if a goal is onside, it should stand. England had the choice in that moment to choose which was more important, Liverpool's goal or Spurs' defensive free kick. Is anyone really going to criticise or discipline him for stopping the game and giving the goal in that situation? He's in enough trouble for not giving it so he might as well have done it.

They fucked up big time, there needs to be a proper process going forward to ensure the same type of error cannot happen again.

In terms of spurs v lfc though it's gone now, done.

If this was just about any other team in the world, we'd have, for the most part, just moved on from it.

But rest assured the BBC, sky and an awful lot of sports journalists will just bang on and on about it.

Edited by Bally21

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can't believe they actually fucking appealed it :lol: 

Saw a clip of carragher trying to show it at 'full speed' and it still looked terrible.

It's a shame because he can be really good when he's not talking about Liverpool or hockling on people.

I knew the Jones challenge was a red card in real time, the replays only confirmed it. You won't see many worse tackles this season. How he's not getting an extended ban for a frivolous appeal I don't know.

There's no basis for this and it would have caused its own kind of chaos, but they could have fixed everything by stopping the game, giving the goal, and turning the clock back. 

Spurs fans in the stadium would have lost their minds though.

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I knew the Jones challenge was a red card in real time, the replays only confirmed it. You won't see many worse tackles this season. How he's not getting an extended ban for a frivolous appeal I don't know.

Several similar tackles last season were reds, the only ones that weren't were... Liverpool's Fabhino. [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, 54 said:

In the laws of the game i'm not sure you're allowed to (Which is stupid fwiw), this is from IFAB:

On rule 10, where would that Manure game (where the final whistle went then a penalty was given - can't remember who against) stand?

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think we do know why he's not getting an extended ban [emoji38] the fume would be off the scale

36 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Oh I realise that but the laws of the game also say that if a goal is onside, it should stand. England had the choice in that moment to choose which was more important, Liverpool's goal or Spurs' defensive free kick. Is anyone really going to criticise or discipline him for stopping the game and giving the goal in that situation? He's in enough trouble for not giving it so he might as well have done it.

It wasn’t that choice though was it. The choice was to compound a bad decision with bypassing another law of the game or respect that law and accept a poor decision has been made.

No wonder they fuck up decisions working at that intensity. 

Slow the fuck down.

Show the decision making images/process in the stadium and relay the audio too.

Fucking fixed(ish).

Still need more emphasis on linos original calls imo.

Seems like it was only England that fucked up? First by saying check complete then by not letting the ref know the mistake happened despite Michael Oliver calling out for it?

Why couldnt he just have let the ref know and let him make the decision?

Also uses a long time to realize what has happened after the other guys are saying to him that the onfield decision was offside, just responding with "what?" 10 seconds later.

This goes beyong standard human error. Doubt it was corruption though, no amount of money is worth making such a fool of yourself :D

Edited by Displayname

Re VAR, we are they giving a running commentary, that must be really confusing? Just start speaking when there’s an incident to look at. They’re pretty easy to pick out. That audio is horrendous, all it was missing was John Anderson laughing in the background. No wonder they got themselves confused.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Re VAR, we are they giving a running commentary, that must be really confusing? Just start speaking when there’s an incident to look at. They’re pretty easy to pick out. That audio is horrendous, all it was missing was John Anderson laughing in the background. No wonder they got themselves confused.

I'm not sure everyone can hear everyone at all times? Like I don't think the red hears any of the non-main VAR people. So I don't think it's quite as hectic as it sounds.