Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Can someone ban Kaka for sticking up for Liverpool please?

If we have a stinking decision made against us or anyone else it's a disgrace, if its against Liverpool then its funny as fuck. Thems the rules and how its always going to be.

Blocked.

Just now, Vaj said:

Not sure how anyone can be against ex-footballers doing VAR (could even just be retired lower league players). One of the main problems of VAR is that the referees can easily be 'mates' or can be someone's boss so they don't like to overrule decisions. Having an ex-footballer means that they can be more objective and actually have confidence in sticking with their own decision when they clearly should.

:dowiespin:

Just now, Vaj said:

Not sure how anyone can be against ex-footballers doing VAR (could even just be retired lower league players). One of the main problems of VAR is that the referees can easily be 'mates' or can be someone's boss so they don't like to overrule decisions. Having an ex-footballer means that they can be more objective and actually have confidence in sticking with their own decision when they clearly should.

Apparently ex footballers don't have, er, mates or, er, bias 🤔

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Maybe have retired refs (Dean etc) in VAR? Sure they'd happily work on for a canny wedge if they're sitting watching rather than having to keep up with play any more. I know he was a knob but their experience would be better, let the younger ones ref the matches onfield.

:ben:

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Apparently ex footballers don't have, er, mates or, er, bias 🤔

By that I mean mates that you have worked with for the last 'X' number of years which came into disrepute recently through Dean and Taylor. It is also much more difficult to overrule a decision made by someone who is your senior if you are a new referee and the VAR is someone who has been a premier league referee for the past 10 years, again this is something that has come under the spotlight before. 

Obviously the ex-professional would need to be someone who has no affiliation to either of the team in question as you would do anyway with the referee and there decision would never be final. 

Mike Dean already had the hair pull controversy when he didn’t want to upset his mate and then quit doing VAR duties iirc. 

Lee Mason was on VAR for the disallowed Willock incident against Crystal Palace, ex-referees are just as incompetent.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm not trying to wait around till it happens to us again.

Liverpool have already been screwed royally and they can swallow that.

Going forward though?! Nah, make some fucking changes.

It’s a bit strange there was no massive outcry for change for the Isaak ‘offside’ last season.

fuck them . It’s a basic step that the VAR official knows what they’re checking for, it’s not difficult.

Imagine if this had happened to Luton…

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

It’s a bit strange there was no massive outcry for change for the Isaak ‘offside’ last season.

fuck them . It’s a basic step that the VAR official knows what they’re checking for, it’s not difficult.

Imagine if this had happened to Luton…

Again, you guys are completely missing the point.

You're acting as though I have said they should replay the match or be awarded points!

They've already been done over and been given their just due of mockery the whole weekend from every other fan base. It was fun.

Not going to knock them making a stink about the match events if it leads to changes going forward though, because quite frankly I'm not trying to be on the end of that kind of buffoonery.

Oh, and I already addressed the Isak thing in a previous post. It's a reach comparing the two.

59 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Folks I know there's a lot of people that don't like Liverpool, but I really can't fault them in this case.

That error yesterday was so outrageous and compounded further by the fact that at no point did they ever alert the ref to the mistake afterwards.

I can't even imagine if that had been Newcastle man. I would have been enraged.

This has to go further than these goofy apologies. It has to be looked into further in this instance and some serious changes need to be made.

In nearly every other profession, you make a mistake, you apologise. Maybe an investigation is done. Change processes to prevent it. Move on.

People act like refereeing mistakes are the worst things ever.

And only sometimes. I remember City beat us 1-0 at SJP when we got relegated under Rafa. Aguero scored a header from a freekick, he was miles offside the entire time. It was chalked up to human mistake and people moved on sharp. This was a breakdown in communication due to dodgy processes. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

In nearly every other profession, you make a mistake, you apologise. Maybe an investigation is done. Change processes to prevent it. Move on.

And only sometimes. I remember City beat us 1-0 at SJP when we got relegated under Rafa. Aguero scored a header from a freekick, he was miles offside the entire time. It was chalked up to human mistake and people moved on sharp. This was a breakdown in communication due to dodgy processes. 

We drew that game 1-1.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah, and so I don't understand why they think an apology is the end of it.

They need to detail what is going to change and they absolutely need to confirm use of the automated technology for offside pronto.

They've just looked into it, and said it was human error and they're sorry.

Then next week it will be some other nonsense, and probably against us.

Amount of people the last few days saying 'get rid of VAR for costing them a goal' while completely oblivious to the fact that without VAR its still not a goal either. As many here have said they arent the first to get a horrendous decision and they have benefitted from plenty . Its a mistake, they have been dealt with, move on and learn from the whole mess.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Again, you guys are completely missing the point.

You're acting as though I have said they should replay the match or be awarded points!

They've already been done over and been given their just due of mockery the whole weekend from every other fan base. It was fun.

Not going to knock them making a stink about the match events if it leads to changes going forward though, because quite frankly I'm not trying to be on the end of that kind of buffoonery.

Oh, and I already addressed the Isak thing in a previous post. It's a reach comparing the two.

It’s absolutely not a reach comparing the two.

Both were costly human error

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, and so I don't understand why they think an apology is the end of it.

They need to detail what is going to change and they absolutely need to confirm use of the automated technology for offside pronto.

They've just looked into it, and said it was human error and they're sorry.

Then next week it will be some other nonsense, and probably against us.

Agree with most of that. But IMO it's too late to use the automated technology for this season. 

They're going to push to get the match replayed aren't they.

Knew as soon as it happened to Liverpool the victim card would be up in lights and here they are. The fucking cheek of them the amount of times they've benefitted from it. Embarrassing always the victim wankers.

They'll actually deep down love that this has happened to them as they can fully put themselves in that victim mindset and you know full well there's no var decisions going against them now for the foreseeable 

2 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

They're going to push to get the match replayed aren't they.

Knew as soon as it happened to Liverpool the victim card would be up in lights and here they are. The fucking cheek of them the amount of times they've benefitted from it. Embarrassing always the victim wankers.

They'll actually deep down love that this has happened to them as they can fully put themselves in that victim mindset and you know full well there's no var decisions going against them now for the foreseeable 

And just watch how the refs will try to help them out now

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Replaying the match would be a bigger error than anything VAR did. You can’t open the door to this shit man.

Be laughs if Spurs wrecked them and they lost the league on GD.

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Amount of people the last few days saying 'get rid of VAR for costing them a goal' while completely oblivious to the fact that without VAR its still not a goal either. As many here have said they arent the first to get a horrendous decision and they have benefitted from plenty . Its a mistake, they have been dealt with, move on and learn from the whole mess.

I'm saying get rid of VAR because the entire phenomenon is shit and the conversations surrounding it are shit. It's as interesting as an overhanging trainer sole in a long distance jump attempt at a regional athletics tournament.

Yep, without VAR it may* have been given offside and we'd have all moved on with our lives within 12 hours of it happening as was historically the case.

*"May" as VAR has 1) forced changes to the offside law implementation meaning a stray nostril incurs an offside, and 2) because the on pitch officials know they are under VAR scrutiny and their performances will be judged by fellow professionals, it will likely influence their decision making re: not wanting to be seen as sloppy and 'missing' infractions. I predict over strict will be seen as more professionally respectable than over lenient in the referee trade.

Love if they replayed it and half the team got season ending injuries in it. Well that sounds harsh, but absolutely ludicrous, no chance it'll be replayed, imagine if it did and then they had to replay every game where a ref made an error from then on, the 23/24 season would go on for years!