Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Each of them decision above and including our one today, is the fault of VAR, nothing else, it creates this grey bubble, that causes issues.

If the Ref just made a decision on the field and there was no VAR you accept it, as refs can't see everything, and they're human, and can make mistakes, you might not agree with it, but you get over it, but when VAR was brought in to deal with issues, and you still get the same old faults week in week out, it becomes a joke, and a lot harder to sit with.

Its why I want it scrapped, yes they'll still be controversy, but the game will run so much smoother, and the levels of injustice people feel will be less.

Agree with the first and second part. Video should be another tool for the referee to help make the right decisions. What it shouldn't be is another referee who is too fucking scared to correct the mistakes the on-field ref has made. Every red card and penalty should be automatically checked from the video by the on-field referee to get rid of the 'clear and obvious' bullshit that just makes it 10x worse when VAR keeps guessing is that really bad enough mistake to overturn. Every red card and penalty eats couple of minutes from the clock in any case.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Pawson impressively dreadful for both teams

Giving us a free kick at the end when Bruno went down was laughable 

Yellow for Edozie for shoulder barging Bruno already on his way down. No

yellow for Bruno’s scissor tackle. 

Just a shite ref all round. Either that or he was trying to even it up after his first half display. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think there are maybe 5 I say this about, but surely Pawson's the most consistently terrible ref out there?

It's every single match. Absolutely honking. 

Always seems to get a big game as well.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's really arrogant too which makes it even worse

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who’s noticed it.

He’s the sort of bloke who when he walks into a pub, everyone else gives a sigh of contempt.

39 minutes ago, Pata said:

Agree with the first and second part. Video should be another tool for the referee to help make the right decisions. What it shouldn't be is another referee who is too fucking scared to correct the mistakes the on-field ref has made. Every red card and penalty should be automatically checked from the video by the on-field referee to get rid of the 'clear and obvious' bullshit that just makes it 10x worse when VAR keeps guessing is that really bad enough mistake to overturn. Every red card and penalty eats couple of minutes from the clock in any case.

I don’t understand why it even matters what the on-field ref has decided. Look at the video, if he’s wrong then change the decision. 

If the on-field refs are able to make enough correct decisions, then get rid of VAR. 

Exceptional work by all the refs on live games so far this weekend. That new captain only complaint thing hasn't once been correctly handled, fucking useless 

1 hour ago, Boey_Jarton said:

I don't like the Schar red because it's an example of the decision being dependent on an opponent's reaction. It's these decisions that promote cheating. 

That said, Schar is brainless and the ref has no choice under the referee guidelines. 

What does the referee guidance say about buying blatant diving? 

It's honestly sad that if Schär reacts like Diaz did and they both went down he would never be sent off. All these decisions do is encourage players to act and dive which is both embarrassing and ridiculous.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Pope went down 'injured' to receive treatment to day. Did he deserve a booking as well?

It's just as much cheating as that greasy cunt.

You mean when he twisted his ankle kicking the ball and was then showing signs of genuine injury until the end of the game?

Edited by Skeletor

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Pope went down 'injured' to receive treatment to day. Did he deserve a booking as well?

That the same pope that had very obvious pain when kicking the ball long and continued limping for several minutes afterwards?

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

But they showed Pope grimacing in the goal kick right before the lay down as his foot twisted a bit. 

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Ah yeah, when Pope went down to receive treatment and managed to get a Southampton centre back sent off in the process. That was really shitty from Nick.

Typed about 4 posts out which give my thoughts on Mr Pawson but think some will probably be offended so I’ll just leave it by saying hes an utter utter cunt. 

Its another example of where decisions just can't be explained anyway other than partiality. How he let them foul us again and again with no punishment but booked us for first minor fouls without having been paid is unexplainable. And I said it before, that was what directly led to Schar's red card. The players lost their temper being fouled again and again with no recourse so decided to take matters into their own hands.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Its another example of where decisions just can't be explained anyway other than partiality. How he let them foul us again and again with no punishment but booked us for first minor fouls without having been paid is unexplainable. And I said it before, that was what directly led to Schar's red card. The players lost their temper being fouled again and again with no recourse so decided to take matters into their own hands.

Even the linesman at the Milburn side was a joke. Could clearly see a number of fouls but didn’t bother waving his flag. Utter shithouse. Hope he returns home to find it’s been burnt to the ground with all his treasured possessions. 

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Alan Smith on Sky: “I’m glad VAR stuck to the decision, backing the referee and giving him confidence”

It’s fucking embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Alan Smith on Sky: “I’m glad VAR stuck to the decision, backing the referee and giving him confidence”

It’s fucking embarrassing 

Did he actually say that? We've hit a new low.