Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

24 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Pope went down 'injured' to receive treatment to day. Did he deserve a booking as well?

It's just as much cheating as that greasy cunt.

Honking post this.

26 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Pope went down 'injured' to receive treatment to day. Did he deserve a booking as well?

What is wrong with you ?

23 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

I think there difference between going down to waste a little time, and going down to get a man sent off.

1 is a yellow card, the other should be a red.

For us, we actually got loads of yellow cards last season for time wasting, yet I never really saw it for other teams, thanks a lot Klopp.

Pope was actually in pain though, you could see him wince and shout as he made contact with the ball on a goal kick 

Edited by gbandit

If Pawson doesn’t show the red Schar doesn’t get sent off there.

There was a lack of reasonable doubt to overturn the decision on the field imo.

Pope still did some of the "dark arts stuff" dropping to the knees when getting the ball, walking to collect the ball from off field etc. You could see the treatment thing was genuine pain you saw him grimace on the slow mo.

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What does the referee guidance say about buying blatant diving? 

It's how the refs interpret violent conduct. I don't agree with it.

Having seen another angle I can see Brereton appears to instigate it as much as Schar.

Whether that helps his cause in terms of an appeal I very much doubt. 

Just now, Sima said:

If Pawson doesn’t show the red Schar doesn’t get sent off there.

There was a lack of reasonable doubt to overturn the decision on the field imo.

Well obviously if he doesn't show a red Schar doesn't get sent off.

He should have blown the second Diaz shoved him over clearly and obviously deliberately.

Schar was a knob for biting

In a just and fair world Diaz gets a retrospective card for the shove, and a second for being a bellend. But that's not our world. 

Ours is where Schar is now banned for 3 games for daring to object to a blatant and unnecessary foul, and Diaz is free to be a c*** to someone else 

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Ours is where Schar is now banned for 3 games for daring to object to a blatant and unnecessary foul, and Diaz is free to be a c*** to someone else 

I have already said this, but Diaz will be a cunt to others. He will end up winding himself up with others who do not bite, or others will bite and target him in hard tackles, where he will turn invisible in future games.

It’s so fucking transparent, and that makes it more annoying that Schar fell for it.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It should get overturned but obviously it can’t because that would be admitting that the ref and the VAR were both wrong. 

Hideous system. 

It won't get overturned as we're not one of the slippery six. 

By the letter of the law it was completely correct. Unfortunately it won't even be looked at in any detail as it ultimately didn't stop us winning.

A competent ref would have blown the second Diaz shoved Schar over which was a card at least in itself seeing how deliberately he did it. 

In a common sense world with the amount of footage available Diaz would have been off, for the foul then Simulation 

Some doc about that Aussie ref in PL started after West Ham-Villa and he speaks really well and seems sympathetic, almost makes me feel bad for all the shit they get. :lol:

Just now, Pata said:

Some doc about that Aussie ref in PL started after West Ham-Villa and he speaks really well and seems sympathetic, almost makes me feel bad for all the shit they get. :lol:

They don't get enough shit.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

They don't get enough shit.

:lol:

I can't remember anything that bad from Jarred Gillett tbh, maybe he's just good.

Edited by Pata

what Diaz did was far, far, far worse than what Schar did

fouling after the whistle, provoking a reaction and then feigning injury with the sole intention of getting his opponent sent off 

if Soton fans are saying it's a red it's just football fans being football fans - completely disingenuous or blinkered as the other way round they'd be fuming 

Schar was silly but still very much the victim here as will miss 3 games which may well cost us points

if anything Diaz should've been sent off

the system is broken

Edited by Ginola14

I think anyone in football or anyone that has played the game will agree that what Schar did, although stupid, didn't warrant a red card.

Then they will say "but that's the letter of the law" in relation to the rulebook.

What they have just done is prove to themselves and everyone else that the rulebook is wrong and needs changing to punish the blatant cheating that is happening.

Because nothing is happening to these players who are effectively bringing the game into disrepute.

Edited by beardsleymagic

Pawson seemed to have an incredible ability today to give us a free kick once Gordon had gotten free from the bloke fowling him. Incredibly infuriating even when he was blowing in 'our favour'. 

Edited by maybe_next_year

2 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Pawson seemed to have an incredible ability today to give us a free kick once Gordon had gotten free from the bloke fowling him. Incredibly infuriating even when he was blowing in 'our favour'. 

This was disgusting reffing,

worse than anything else 

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Well obviously if he doesn't show a red Schar doesn't get sent off.

He should have blown the second Diaz shoved him over clearly and obviously deliberately.

Schar was a knob for biting

In a just and fair world Diaz gets a retrospective card for the shove, and a second for being a bellend. But that's not our world. 

Sorry, perhaps I’m not being entirely clear.

Pawson gave the red on the pitch and then there had to be reasonable doubt to overturn.

If Pawson had not given the red and the sending off went to VAR instead I don’t think that decision would have been overturned into a red by the same reasonable doubt.

Edited by Sima