Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

17 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

His first half insistence with blowing his whistle for anything involving them was a disgrace. Halls yellow too FFS, getting booked for knowing the refs fucked up 

I'm all for sorting out dissent, especially with the effect it can have on the grassroots game when we see top players screaming in a refs face for instance. 

But no idea what Hall got booked for. It was a pretty small reaction in the heat of the moment to an awful decision. They're not robots and we don't want them to be. 

6 hours ago, Erikse said:

Lots of things they are being overly strict on to get rid of, but diving still gets rewarded way too much. I can understand that people don't want VAR to get involved even more, but I wouldn't mind them overturning incidents where a player obviously dives, and then book them insetad. Even if it's in the middle of the pitch. Because diving is a much bigger issue than Hall punching the air for half a sec from an awful decision. Diving is too rewarding currently, and with low risk.

Agree with this totally. 

It's been a scourge for a long time and is becoming even more blatant now that players are being punished for reacting to being cheated. 

11 minutes ago, Cf said:

I'm all for sorting out dissent, especially with the effect it can have on the grassroots game when we see top players screaming in a refs face for instance. 

But no idea what Hall got booked for. It was a pretty small reaction in the heat of the moment to an awful decision. They're not robots and we don't want them to be. 

That's exactly that, this ref will no doubt bend over backwards to help the big 6 when they attack him en masse. Impossible to know someone's cheating and act normal 

Posting this in here as no responses in match thread

Was anything made in the comms about the blatant pen for handball in 2nd half?

Their defender drops in to take a goal kick as keeper was time wasting. He takes it to another defender short of penalty spot who picks it up respots it and takes kick again.

Very similar to Arsenal in CL last year which was widely accepted as being an infringement 

23 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Posting this in here as no responses in match thread

Can the recieving defender even be inside the box when the kick is taken? I thought players (apart from taker + gk if he's not taking it) had to be outside the box.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Can the recieving defender even be inside the box when the kick is taken? I thought players (apart from taker + gk if he's not taking it) had to be outside the box.

Used to always be the case that the ball was not in play until it's left the penalty area.

Seems to have been done away with in recent seasons.