Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 hours ago, Decky said:

Some really bad refereeing over the weekend there but just seen this again on Reddit. :lol: How on Earth has the referee given a free here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1g848o1/darwin_nunez_and_arne_slot_after_liverpool_were/

The one where Jota is about to be clean through and they give a foul for Reece James’ delayed dive was nearly as bad as anything I saw in our game. 

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

Our refs are poor across most games. Obviously the big errors get the headlines but the overall general performances are woeful for what is a billion pound product. 

Could more money be invested in it? Pay them more? Better training? 

Not sure what the answer is. As it is a really tough job and think they get undeserved shit a lot of the time. But VAR hasn’t helped. 

I feel like they’re being undermined for grey area decisions. Plus they also seem to be reluctant to give certain decisions and then can’t wait to go overboard for others. It’s like the fact they have VAR there as a backup plays on their mind subconsciously. 

Can’t go back now. But I wish we could. I think we’d all accept these fag paper offsides, handball and borderline penalty/red card decisions a lot easier. I know I would. 

If VAR worked like it should they could play on and the ref could give the foul later if necessary. All this ’respect the original call’, high threshold to intervene and having two separate referees (on-pitch and VAR) means no one knows anymore when VAR should intervene and 99% of the time everything depends on the original call. Which is hilarious considering the reason VAR even exists.

Edited by Pata