Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I thought he did well in difficult circumstances, but a couple of players will likely get bans for things he didn't see.

How? By turning a blind eye to multiple red card offences? :lol: Having a stern word to the first couple of offenders to give fair warning is fine, but then failing to be authoritative and follow through with his warning is weak and meant they could continue doing it with little or no repercussions (ie. yellows at most).

Spurs and Chelsea were both sneaky cunts in the things they were doing, he was trying to keep a hold on the game. You could say that he should have been tougher with them, but that would have just had both sets of players rolling around knowing they could get people sent off imo. Had he not done it in the way he did it, I think it would have been just as bad but with play-acting rather than dirtyness.

It's pathetic for the self-respect of those who would dive as you say, but that scenario is not an acceptable deterrent to referee correctly and that scenario is still better than the touchline brawls, squaring up and ridiculous late challenges we saw every 2 minutes in the second half.

Having said that, I fucking loved watching it so maybe he did the right thing. :lol:

If people are going to go mental there's not necessarily much the referee can do to stop it. All he can do is react in the right way and be consistent, which I think he did. The game was always going to be heated and he tried to maintain an air of authority and calm.

Referee:  Mike Dean - a quick return for the Wirral whistler, who handled our 2-3 loss at Norwich. Dean's only other NUFC game this season was A 3-3 home draw with Manchester United. 

Once again Dean was thrilled with himself for spotting a handball at the Gallowgate end. In his special schoolmaster fashion, he let everyone know how clever he was by continually pointing at his hand and mouthing penalty in typically melodramatic fashion.

He'd done the same with Chancel Mbemba against Manchester United on his last visit here in January and of course we benefited from another similar call at Norwich last month.

We're not saying he was wrong or biased, just a megalomaniac and public hungry drama queen who absolutely loved how important his decision was. Thankfully, Karl Darlow's save (and Yohan Cabaye's indifferent penalty) took the wind out of Dean's pompous sails.

:lol: Never noticed this until I read that on .com, he is very dramatic in his calls isn't he?

Referee:  Mike Dean - a quick return for the Wirral whistler, who handled our 2-3 loss at Norwich. Dean's only other NUFC game this season was A 3-3 home draw with Manchester United. 

Once again Dean was thrilled with himself for spotting a handball at the Gallowgate end. In his special schoolmaster fashion, he let everyone know how clever he was by continually pointing at his hand and mouthing penalty in typically melodramatic fashion.

He'd done the same with Chancel Mbemba against Manchester United on his last visit here in January and of course we benefited from another similar call at Norwich last month.

We're not saying he was wrong or biased, just a megalomaniac and public hungry drama queen who absolutely loved how important his decision was. Thankfully, Karl Darlow's save (and Yohan Cabaye's indifferent penalty) took the wind out of Dean's pompous sails.

:lol: Never noticed this until I read that on .com, he is very dramatic in his calls isn't he?

I think you'll find he does that so he letting the fans in the stadium know why he's giving a penalty, although he is rather dramatic about it to be fair.

He's always been like it, remember the penalty he gave us at Stoke for a push, he was showed everyone in the stadium it was push. To be honest i like it, lets us all know why. I also loved it when Stoke moaned that Danny Simpson kept using a towel to dry the balls to waste time, he shrugged and said 'you do it'. Quite liked that reaction  :lol:

I think you'll find he does that so he letting the fans in the stadium know why he's giving a penalty, although he is rather dramatic about it to be fair.

He's always been like it, remember the penalty he gave us at Stoke for a push, he was showed everyone in the stadium it was push. To be honest i like it, lets us all know why. I also loved it when Stoke moaned that Premier League winner Danny Simpson kept using a towel to dry the balls to waste time, he shrugged and said 'you do it'. Quite liked that reaction  :lol:

Fixed.

He's always been like it, remember the penalty he gave us at Stoke for a push, he was showed everyone in the stadium it was push. To be honest i like it, lets us all know why. I also loved it when Stoke moaned that Premier League winner Danny Simpson kept using a towel to dry the balls to waste time, he shrugged and said 'you do it'. Quite liked that reaction  :lol:

Fixed.

Ah yes, quite right too  O0

Guest firetotheworks

He's definitely melodramatic like, but he's still a generally decent ref.

At least we won't have these bunch of counts refereeing is next season.

True dat, Dracula has been banished to the Romanian league once and for all. Duckula was banished too wasn't he?

At least we won't have these bunch of counts refereeing is next season.

True dat, Dracula has been banished to the Romanian league once and for all. Duckula was banished too wasn't he?

:lol:

At least we won't have these bunch of cunts refereeing is next season.

They do still ref now and again in the Championship you'll be afraid to hear.

Madley named as Championship play off final referee.

A regular Premiership ref doing that is a kick in the nuts to the regular Championship refs, that and he's fucking terrible anyway.

At least we won't have these bunch of c***s refereeing is next season.

:lol: Unreal

It's a shame he's not cocked up for one of the big teams, he'll soon be struck off then.

A regular Premiership ref doing that is a kick in the nuts to the regular Championship refs, that and he's fucking terrible anyway.

Play off semis were Michael Oliver, Roger East, Neil Swarbrick and Andre Marriner. All Premier League refs.

Play off semis were Michael Oliver, Roger East, Neil Swarbrick and Andre Marriner. All Premier League refs.

Which is totally wrong if the majority of Championship games have been reffed by lower ranked refs, completely unfair on them.

A regular Premiership ref doing that is a kick in the nuts to the regular Championship refs, that and he's f***ing terrible anyway.

Which is totally wrong if the majority of Championship games have been reffed by lower ranked refs, completely unfair on them.

Championship playoff final is always done by a Premier League referee.

League 1 playoff final is done by whoever is top of the merit table in the FL referee list, with 3rd in merit table as 4th official

League 2 playoff final is done by whoever is 2nd in the merit table in the FL referee list, with 4th in merit table as 4th official

Obviously depends on the clubs and location of referees

I bet us/Villa get our fair share of Select Group referees next season due to the stature of the clubs.

The PGMOL are bringing in a Select Group 2 from next season who will mainly referee in the Championship, they are a mix of full and part time referees and train alongside the Select Group

James Adcock (Nottinghamshire)

Peter Bankes (Merseyside)

Darren Bond (Lancashire)

David Coote (West Yorkshire)

Andrew Davies (Hampshire)

Simon Hooper (Wiltshire)

Tony Harrington (Cleveland)

Chris Kavanagh (Manchester)

Oliver Langford (West Midlands)

James Linnington (Isle of Wight)

Andy Madley (West Yorkshire) - brother of Robert fwiw

Stephen Martin (Staffordshire)

Tim Robinson (West Sussex)

Jeremy Simpson (Lancashire)

Keith Stroud (Hampshire)

Andy Woolmer (Northamptonshire)

Obviously we cant be refereed by

Mark Clattenberg - supports us

Michael Oliver - supports us

Jonathan Moss - born/supports Sunderland

Scott Duncan - supports us (Select Group 2)

Geoff Eltringham - supports Sunderland (Select Group 2)

Id imagine we will have mostly Select Group with some Select Group 2 referees next season