Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

For all the slagging off Obertan gets (and I'd prefer to see Ben Arfa starting there myself), it's games like this where he should be showing some kind of impact.

And games like the Norwich game, where he was playing against Marc Tierney

For all the slagging off Obertan gets (and I'd prefer to see Ben Arfa starting there myself), it's games like this where he should be showing some kind of impact.

Should have watched a tape of Nathan Redmond's performance on Thursday. Exactly what is required from Obertan in this team, and we know he has what it takes to do it. Not sure he does mind  :undecided:

Yeah. Not to be too RTG about it, but before the Norwich game, I said more or less the same about these upcoming games. If he can't do anything or show some consistency/effectiveness against these, well.. I don't see what use he has in our starting eleven really. It's still his first season etc, so not a write-off, but there is no case for him being ahead of others in the team at this time.

And games like the Norwich game, where he was playing against Marc Tierney

Yup.

Should have been Ben Arfa instead of Obertan. Happy enough with the rest of the side

Didn't see Norwich game and generally I haven't been too impressed by Obertan so far with an exception being the ManU game but Ben Arfa hasn't done anything to deserve a starting spot either. Defo HBA has been one of the biggest disappointments this season I think!