Other clubs' new kits - 2012/13

Toon Hoser

Guest Phil K

How come sun-fearing kids with photoshop can come up with so many amazing designs and people who are paid a fortune to do this as their job keep coming out with such s***? 

Been thinking that for years. For every ONE good design we see (not just NUFC) theres 10 bloody awful.

Yet we get people mucking about with photoshop and they are almost unanimously tasty.

How come sun-fearing kids with photoshop can come up with so many amazing designs and people who are paid a fortune to do this as their job keep coming out with such s***?  Are there contstraints in the real world that fans can just ignore or is it just the difference between the product of a labour of love and the product of somebody's day job?

My theory is because Love >>>>>> Money

Notice the quality of music around these days because most people do it for the money instead of the love where as in era's gone by people made music for the love more than the money.

Guest Roger Kint

The new kits should be announced soon shouldn't they? Usually before the final home game?

It was about this week last year(maybe earlier) that this seasons strip was leaked online. Should be announced by the end of the month officially.

Guest Roger Kint

The new kits should be announced soon shouldn't they? Usually before the final home game?

It was about this week last year(maybe earlier) that this seasons strip was leaked online. Should be announced by the end of the month officially.

Just checked last years thread, 4th May it was announced so i will guess 3rd May this year.

Guest Phil K

I think Puma have done well for us. Adidas made a lot of crappy strips with the odd rare decent - VERY rare.

Nike ? Who knows ? Would love the one on the previous pages, and the manip ones above.

But, I think Puma have been much better than I'd expected. LOVED the yellow and orange ones, and the blue and black.

In fact, there hasn't been a Puma NUFC I haven't liked I can think of offhand.

So f***ing true. Make it plain, classic, retro/simple and it will f***ing fly out of stores and near and far Toon supporters will buy and love it.

I NEVER buy a top but if it was the retro style with red numbers and similar to the Jonas in a Puma strip couple pages ago, I probably WOULD buy it !

if we had umbro and they were being lazy and using this season's man city away template...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4456/umbror.jpg

And hell even that is fucking mint.

What I like about Umbro and those stripes for Man City is that if players want to wear a long-sleeve version, the stripes still stop at the elbow and there is an under-armor style long sleeve that is built into the shirt in solid color so that the lads in the short and long sleeve shirts look exactly the same.

That's unique and looks mint.

"Crafted from one piece of fabric for extra comfort, the body and top sleeve of the new shirt features the iconic red and black stripes from City's most successful year, while the lower arm features an all black material to create a uniform look throughout the team." - taken from Umbro's site

http://www.umbro.com/#/products/umbro-manchester-city-away-2011-ls-shirt/?local=en_GB

535255_221542754619628_100002917152270_387143_1623891992_n.jpg

538466_221542831286287_100002917152270_387144_1942061750_n.jpg

We've changed sponsors? :)

The problem with Nike as shirt supplier is that unless you're one of their flagship kits (Arsenal and Man U in this country), they supply you with utter dross.

Last year our kits weren't even on sale till December, because they had a late initial release date, and when they came out, they were terrible quality and got sent back to the factory. Celtic had the same thing with their shirts.

Then they recycle old designs. Our home kit was a copy of some French side's away kit from two years previously.

I don't buy kits (I'm in my 40s, and 40 somethings wearing replica kits is a little bit too Benidorm for my liking), but I strongly believe that ver kidz should be able to get their hands on the actual product before Christmas, and they should be of a quality at least vaguely approaching the price.

Of course, this hasn't stopped the same kids going mental because we've been swung by the fact Macron offered us twice as much money for next season, but hey ho, some people never learn.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

why do so many on here seem to have a red number fetish? I think it'd look awful, very Grimsby-esque.

:thup: