Other clubs' new kits - 2012/13

Toon Hoser

• 2 weeks later...

We have apparently dumped Nike.

I havent bought a replica shirt for about 20 years, and don't understand why people do buy them to be honest, but by all accounts, the quality of the Nike shirts was absolutely awful.

Last year, they didn't get the shirts into the shops until December (!!) as the club repeatedly sent batches back as not good enough quality. Apparently, Celtic had the same problem - one wash and they'd fall to pieces.

Then there was the fact that for the last couple of years, they just gave us whatever RC Lens had had the year before, except with the colours changed.

Apparently the new deal is with Macron, who I believe are an Italian purveyor of overpriced tat, rather than an American purveyor of the same.

We have apparently dumped Nike.

I havent bought a replica shirt for about 20 years, and don't understand why people do buy them to be honest, but by all accounts, the quality of the Nike shirts was absolutely awful.

Last year, they didn't get the shirts into the shops until December (!!) as the club repeatedly sent batches back as not good enough quality. Apparently, Celtic had the same problem - one wash and they'd fall to pieces.

Then there was the fact that for the last couple of years, they just gave us whatever RC Lens had had the year before, except with the colours changed.

Apparently the new deal is with Macron, who I believe are an Italian purveyor of overpriced tat, rather than an American purveyor of the same.

Macron make Leeds' kit too.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I quite like Lionel Messi's new boots. Very subtle.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/Lionel-Messi-Ballon-D-or-Adidas-football-boots-a.jpg

From the African Cup: Botswana. 

Has an "Olympique" air to it.    :aww:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BotswanaANCjpg.jpg

Gotta love the footwear in the photo - shower shoes, oxfords, orthopedic trainers. It just oozes class.

Did anyone end up buying last year's French international shirt, the stripey one?  I want to get one with Cabaye 6 on the back.  It's a NIKE, and recent NIKE shirts have fit more snug.  Should I get one size bigger to be on the safe side?  :undecided:

I'm fretting over this because personalised shirts are usually non-exhangeable. 

Did anyone end up buying last year's French international shirt, the stripey one?  I want to get one with Cabaye 6 on the back.  It's a NIKE, and recent NIKE shirts have fit more snug.  Should I get one size bigger to be on the safe side?  :undecided:

Nah, I'm a medium and mine was on the baggy side. You should be ok getting your normal size.

Nah, I'm a medium and mine was on the baggy side. You should be ok getting your normal size.

Thanks!