Newcastle United 0 - 0 Swansea City - 17/12/11 - post-match reaction from pg 26

Dave

Absolutely garbage result, obviously, but it sounds like the performance wasn't horrendous and we'd have lost that in years gone by. Disappointing but i wouldn't be surprised to see us bounce back with a win against WBA.

We wouldn't have lost the game in years gone by, I don't think Swansea had a shot all game.

Not on target they didn't. Had a dangerous chance that Sinclair put wide. Other than that, Krul made ONE catch from a corner, and that was it :lol:

Absolutely garbage result, obviously, but it sounds like the performance wasn't horrendous and we'd have lost that in years gone by. Disappointing but i wouldn't be surprised to see us bounce back with a win against WBA.

We wouldn't have lost the game in years gone by, I don't think Swansea had a shot all game.

I'm speaking in general really. We've had home games in the last few seasons against inferior teams that we've gone and lost. It's happened at least once a season since Bobby left; it could still, granted - but not today.

Not on target they didn't. Had a dangerous chance that Sinclair put wide. Other than that, Krul made ONE catch from a corner, and that was it :lol:

And what a catch :fwap:

i doubt he would have said those things in the dressing room after the game, no doubt shola and one or two would have got a dressing down after the game. 

id rather him saying nice things about swansea then slagging his own team off in public.

It you're right then we should expect a different performance on Wednesday.

we played well today to be fair, except the last 30 mins perhaps.

you mean a different perfomance from pardew?  yeh hopefully better subs, but i hope we dont need to rely on subs next game.

Must have watched a different game too me ,should have slaughted them tbh as we had much better footbalers on the pitch and i dont deny the fight they gave us but our end product was crap considering the possesion we had .

Not the best game in the world, but its not like we didn't create chances - if either of the woodwork chances in the first half went in then we would have scored a few I reckon.

Few positives from the game - Santon looked excellent, Obertan was a lot more focussed than in previous games, Ba looked like a man who is on top form and a special mention has to go out to Perch who looked pretty decent today alongside Coloccini.

Negatives.  Cabaye was very quiet and Jonas ran into too many blind alleys for my liking.

i doubt he would have said those things in the dressing room after the game, no doubt shola and one or two would have got a dressing down after the game. 

id rather him saying nice things about swansea then slagging his own team off in public.

It you're right then we should expect a different performance on Wednesday.

we played well today to be fair, except the last 30 mins perhaps.

you mean a different perfomance from pardew?  yeh hopefully better subs, but i hope we dont need to rely on subs next game.

Must have watched a different game too me ,should have slaughted them tbh as we had much better footbalers on the pitch and i dont deny the fight they gave us but our end product was crap considering the possesion we had .

tend to agree with biggs

Not the best game in the world, but its not like we didn't create chances - if either of the woodwork chances in the first half went in then we would have scored a few I reckon.

Few positives from the game - Santon looked excellent, Obertan was a lot more focussed than in previous games, Ba looked like a man who is on top form and a special mention has to go out to Perch who looked pretty decent today alongside Coloccini.

Negatives.  Cabaye was very quiet and Jonas ran into too many blind alleys for my liking.

I thought that Obertan was poor and Cabaye played well.  Some of the tackling from Cabaye isn't what I'd expected from him, he could end up being the perfect midfielder once he's had a full season behind him.

we were toothless. best has s*** for brians.....when him and ba went to the same post for the left hand cross...DUH!

no reall offensive threat.  Fault lies with the manager.

I'm not sure I agree with that.  We hit the woodwork twice, their keeper made a couple of decent saves and we had a few shots just over.  I think it was just one of those games where we could have played all day and not scored.  Swansea came with a game plan of us not scoring and it worked for them.

How good was colo today tho-  :snod:

probs go next month :sad:

If we let him go then we are really shooting ourselves in the foot.  I am resigned to someone going in Jan, but out of Colo, Krul and Tiote I think I'd prefer Tiote to be the one to leave, simply for the fact that the other two are irreplaceable in our team at the moment.

Surely even Mike Ashley in his tower at the Sports Direct Arena (fuck off with that name) can't be that greedy.....

Yeah right.

If we let him go then we are really shooting ourselves in the foot.  I am resigned to someone going in Jan, but out of Colo, Krul and Tiote I think I'd prefer Tiote to be the one to leave, simply for the fact that the other two are irreplaceable in our team at the moment.

Surely even Mike Ashley in his tower at the Sports Direct Arena (f*** off with that name) can't be that greedy.....

Yeah right.

:tickedoff:

Surely even Mike Ashley in his tower at the Sports Direct Arena (f*** off with that name) can't be that greedy.....

Yeah right.

:tickedoff:

Haha, I went for a drink at halftime and they had "Welcome to the Sports Direct Arena" on the televisions there.  Got a few boos :)

Not too fussed about the result today. A good run out for a possible regular back four - having a comfortable game and practise to gel. Also Santon getting a look in and providing a bit of football by the sounds of it is a massive positive. Obertsn has to turn it round though by the sounds. It only puts pressure on the left hand side to carry the slack. The Ben Arfa stuff is puzzling, although he hasn't been back that long after a potentially crippling injury and so its posssibly just a matter of bing patient.

Was disappointed with today honestly, thought we played some good football bar a few mistakes here and there, and should've won it easily instead of dropping two points. on the plus side Santon looks fucking class and it was nice to see Vuckic getting a few minutes, Perch looked good for the first time ever and Colo was brilliant yet again (that little skill near the corner flag made me go craazy) 

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Can't wait for the next match, I'll hopefully be there(if the weather allows it).

We need a win!!!! Come on Newcastle