Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I love HBA, but I don't even mind if he gets dropped now. He's been abysmal in the last couple of games. Literally at the same level of performance I'd expect from Obertan. Clearly not a wide midfielder like Pardew has been using him mind.

i think people are right to say he was terrible, but honestly, the way the team played was.....

this team didn't play....

for hoofball and hard working football without trying to keep the ball on the ground ben arfa is useless...

hope with demba ba cabaye tiote and cissé, we l'see some football

Guest Craig-NUFC

Terrible again, and forced us to play in a formation we simply aren't comfortable with.

It's all about what's in front of him.

Agree with that. When he's driving forward he needs players supporting him in a speedy attack or offering themselves for a short pass.

Guest hatem garrincha

Terrible again, and forced us to play in a formation we simply aren't comfortable with.

James ben arfa's detestation again.

Been cack in the last two games, but Obertan was stood by for a string of similar performances earlier in the season. Not Obertan's fault Ben Arfa was crap of course, but we need to stick by our most talented players if we want to get the best out of them.

I love HBA, but I don't even mind if he gets dropped now. He's been abysmal in the last couple of games. Literally at the same level of performance I'd expect from Obertan. Clearly not a wide midfielder like Pardew has been using him mind.

Yeah, he made a few poor choices, but really?

Didn't track back at all today, probably the reason he was taken off.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not his day again, wants to do too much when there are no options ahead of him. Will hopefully change with Ba and Cisse.

There are just too many problems with Ben Arfa.

We don't control games when he is playing.

He loses the ball too easily.

He is selfish.

He holds onto the ball too long.

Playing him means having to play Jonas as an AMC.

His all round play is complete pap, unlike the other midfielders who at least did something.

Poor strikers may restrict forward passes, but doesn't stop the sideways passes, the back passes, the full back interlinking, the tracking back, and the discipline, none of which  have been evidenced tonight once again.

People are putting their hopes on Ba and Cisse, but that is really last chance saloon for him.

The cost of having him in the team right now by far exceeds any benefit that he might make one or two good forward passes or dribbles in a game.

He was poor tonight, there were times when the simple pass would have sufficed but he took one touch too many. He needs to learn that if he plays it simple then more often than not, it'll lead to a good chance on goal.

Think this is appropriate:

Yes, it's well sum up.

But this boy is really strange (also touching), he said in the video that before he asked himself a lot of questions about life and etc... (like he was "tortured").

But I think this "behaviour" is also present in his game/way he plays. I mean sometimes he still asks himself a lot of questions on the pitch/when he plays about the decisions to make... Which leads him to make the wrong one sometimes...

He should just try to play more simply and he'll be a f***ing player after that!  :snod: