Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He's our most talented player, and he's class to watch. If it can be avoided, he should never be sold. I don't think I'll ever understand the 'if we get a decent offer we should let him go' mentality when it comes to players like this. His pros far, far outweigh his cons.

Add to this, he only cost about £7mil. Ok its not a free transfer, but its not like he spunked £20mil on him ourselves. We will probably recoup this wherever he goes, apart from if he left on a free, in which case another 2 years of HBA :) He is not crippling the club like Owen's wages/fee, enjoy him while we can :)

saddens me to say it but he might be best gone and replaced with someone more suited to pardew's game, same for marveuax

agree with TT, if we could fleece monaco all the better....it'll be a sad day but we should cut our cloth accoring to the fuckwit we've got in charge perhaps

Spot on! Equally sad but true... if he does go it'll wipe out that sheer optimism he creates when on the ball, the anticipation of some pure genius taking place in front of you. The few games I went to last season he was the high point, even when he loses out trying to dribble past that third player he still leaves you with the positive feeling of "imagine if he did go that other yard...jeesus".

With Ashley and Pardew at the helm it's difficult to think of anything else but the worst, positive side is that he seems to like Newcastle and loves us the fans.

Would I like a more consistent winger and a good striker in exchange for Hatem? My brain says yes but my heart and every utopian sinew in my body screams NO!!!

He's the one player at NUFC that I feel genuinely frightens the top teams. He's our only player capable causing havoc against the best. Selling him would be bad because of this, and also the psychologifcal effect it will have on our players, as I'm sure he gives them confidence when he's on the field.

He's our most talented player, and he's class to watch. If it can be avoided, he should never be sold. I don't think I'll ever understand the 'if we get a decent offer we should let him go' mentality when it comes to players like this. His pros far, far outweigh his cons.

:thup:

Even more knowing the way the money will be 'reinvested'

He's the one player at NUFC that I feel genuinely frightens the top teams. He's our only player capable causing havoc against the best. Selling him would be bad because of this, and also the psychologifcal effect it will have on our players, as I'm sure he gives them confidence when he's on the field.

aye, and our manager spends most of his time talking about the defensive side of his game..even if he stays we'll always be watching a cuckolded HBA under shitforbrains

aye, and our manager spends most of his time talking about the defensive side of his game..even if he stays we'll always be watching a cuckolded HBA under shitforbrains

Harsh, he wants HBA to work hard when we don't have the ball, but he trusts him when we do have it. Not ideal from a fan's point of view, but not a major error either.

Harsh, he wants HBA to work hard when we don't have the ball, but he trusts him when we do have it. Not ideal from a fan's point of view, but not a major error either.

in the fifth place season, clearly evident that HBA's best offensive performances were also the ones he was tracking back in. he's perfectly capable of it without it affecting his offensive game. its a matter of 100% fitness (physical and emotional).

Guest icemanblue

I'll take the cuckolded HBA from last season, like.

Yep - never quite understand why people don't think Ben Arfa should put in a defensive shift.  More effective and consistent players do so I am not sure why Ben Arfa should be exempt.

Guest Roger Kint

Yep - never quite understand why people don't think Ben Arfa should put in a defensive.  More effective and consistent players do so I am not sure why Ben Arfa should be exempt.

I saw it  :hmm:

not going to be able to post anything positive about our on the field activities for quite some time i think, the thought of that fucking knacker keeping his job after last season has broke me

and yeah 5th finish HBA and early last season HBA were great, agreed, think what HBA could be like if fucknuts built an actual team and gameplan around his ability and had people running and moving off the ball and shit...second thoughts, maybe don't

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

That's some harsh criticism. If you watched the CL finals you would've seen both Ribéry and Robben tracking back to help their respective full backs. It's part of the modern game and he just has to adapt.

Tricky decision, but I'd take £25m, providing Pardew can then re-invest the money in the squad.

Talented player of course, but at all his clubs, he's had problems in fitting in around a team pattern, and that's still not changed. Turning down the money is just as much a gamble as selling him.

Tricky decision, but I'd take £25m, providing Pardew can then re-invest the money in the squad.

Talented player of course, but at all his clubs, he's had problems in fitting in around a team pattern, and that's still not changed. Turning down the money is just as much a gamble as selling him.

Don't understand this thinking at all. The only compelling reason to sell him is his fitness record, and this is the first time he's fit going into pre-season and has a good chance of getting to top form.

Anyway, nobody will pay over £10m based on his recent form/fitness, so it's not an issue.

window closes end of august - a couple of early season stormers.......and BOOM!

That's some harsh criticism. If you watched the CL finals you would've seen both Ribéry and Robben tracking back to help their respective full backs. It's part of the modern game and he just has to adapt.

ok, i get that what everyone is saying, but generally when these great wide men are tracking back they're playing in teams that attack fluidly and send midfielders streaming forward so everyone has to get back

under our *cough* system we invariably have everyone else in the team stood behind watching HBA try to skin the other team on his own so the comparison doesn't stand up for me

if pardew is going to play it as safe as he does then he could definitely afford to release HBA in my humble opinion

he's 'cuckolded' as i put it not only for the defensive duties he's asked to perform but also from the impotence of the system around him

Don't understand this thinking at all. The only compelling reason to sell him is his fitness record, and this is the first time he's fit going into pre-season and has a good chance of getting to top form.

Previously I'd seen him and Krul as our only untouchable players from the selling point of view. With HBA, he needs to develop more of a team mentality and not always try to win games on his own. Watching his comeback this season, I've lost a bit of faith that he's going to make that transition. He seemed to be making the same mistakes.

I mean, this is basically why he's playing for us and not Arsenal or Chelsea. He's got Eden Hazard's talent, but not his attitude or football brain.

I'd love to hang on to him, but no longer at any price.

Previously I'd seen him and Krul as our only untouchable players from the selling point of view. With HBA, he needs to develop more of a team mentality and not always try to win games on his own. Watching his comeback this season, I've lost a bit of faith that he's going to make that transition. He seemed to be making the same mistakes.

I mean, this is basically why he's playing for us and not Arsenal or Chelsea. He's got Eden Hazard's talent, but not his attitude or football brain.

I'd love to hang on to him, but no longer at any price.

howay man :lol:

surely you understand there's a reason for this?