Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest neesy111

Invisible against QPR when his introduction transformed the game. Invisible against Fulham when he scored. :lol:

If he's invisible then what is Raylor and Obertan? :lol:

Ryan Taylor has had a better season that Ben Arfa by a considerable distance.

I wish people could view things more objectively.

He's played at left back for 90% of it yet you say he should be on the right wing. ???

Krul's had a better season too, better hoy him in midfield.

Looney tunes.

This whole conversation is ridiculous.

Ben Arfa has had 4 or 5 poor games from quite a small sample size.

I could find 4 or 5 poor games from everybody else, but it's from more games than the 8 or so that Ben Arfa has started.

Well done, you may have found the problem.

Invisible against QPR when his introduction transformed the game. Invisible against Fulham when he scored. :lol:

If he's invisible then what is Raylor and Obertan? :lol:

Ryan Taylor has had a better season that Ben Arfa by a considerable distance.

I wish people could view things more objectively.

He's played at left back for 90% of it yet you say he should be on the right wing. ???

Krul's had a better season too, better hoy him in midfield.

Looney tunes.

That wouldn't work Wullie cause it would nullify his hoofs. ;)

Yeah wait, I was wrong about the QPR game (had the wrong game in my head), but right about all of the others so I'm talking s****? :lol:

Obertan doesn't start anymore so that argument is irrelevant.

Obertan started the game before last.  :lol:

... and Ben Arfa started 2 games in a row before the Villa game, is he a regular starter?

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

It's quite sad really.

Obertan gets jumped on even when it's not his fault (and I'm not saying he's good, because he's shite and deserves the criticism 90% of the time) yet Ben Arfa is a hero and better than Diego Maradona despite doing sweet fuck all.

Ben Arfa is talented, but he's lazy. You can't get away with being a lazy footballer at the top level regardless of how much talent you have.

Shearmagic,

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

you got jumped on because your statement was shit. Imagine this, imagine that, imagine if he scored with those two cut inside runs that no one else in our squad could do? he's a good player who is obviously feeling the pressure and demoralised.

Guest michaelfoster

Shearmagic,

:idiot2:

Great reply, would read again.

Guest neesy111

Yeah wait, I was wrong about the QPR game (had the wrong game in my head), but right about all of the others so I'm talking s****? :lol:

... and Ben Arfa started 2 games in a row before the Villa game, is he a regular starter?

Shearmagic,

It's quite sad really.

Obertan gets jumped on even when it's not his fault (and I'm not saying he's good, because he's shite and deserves the criticism 90% of the time) yet Ben Arfa is a hero and better than Diego Maradona despite doing sweet fuck all.

Ben Arfa is talented, but he's lazy. You can't get away with being a lazy footballer at the top level regardless of how much talent you have.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2011/2/10/1297369190741/Shola-Ameobi-005.jpg

If you made a list like that for the entire squad and chalked off everyone who'd had a few poor games, you literally wouldn't be able to put a team out by the end of it.

Ben Arfa has had 4 or 5 poor games from quite a small sample size.

I could find 4 or 5 poor games from everybody else, but it's from more games than the 8 or so that Ben Arfa has started.

I could find a much greater percentage from Ryan Taylor, particularly when not at left back. Man Utd - ok but our worst player, QPR - absolutely horrendous, ditto Wolves, ditto Blackburn when he played centrally.

Shearmagic,

It's quite sad really.

Obertan gets jumped on even when it's not his fault (and I'm not saying he's good, because he's s**** and deserves the criticism 90% of the time) yet Ben Arfa is a hero and better than Diego Maradona despite doing sweet f*** all.

Shearmagic,

I actually agree with all of this. I still don't think Hatem has been as ineffective as people are making out though. He's been equally as effective as Ryan Taylor and / or Obertan in an attacking sense. Ryan Taylor has contributed most in a defensive sense. Hatem is the most talented of the three though. I don't think anyone can actually 100% wholeheartedly disagree with any of that.

Another who has bought Pardew's propaganda rather than actually grasping the situation occuring.

The idea that he's a lazy player is complete and utter guff.

Well it's not, because I've seen it through my own eyes whilst being objective about things and not just :fwap:ing about him because I'm a fanboi

Shearmagic,

It's quite sad really.

Ben Arfa's scored 3 goals and despite two bad games against brighton and blackburn, changed our movement and play a lot for the better when he played. See Fulham first half before Fulham took advantage, QPR, Bolton away,  cup game. To say he has done fuck all is just someone with a grudge.

He's not a lazy player on the pitch ffs. I wish people would stop perpetuating this utter crap.

Guest neesy111

Demba Ba's had a better season than Coloccini, think we've found our new centre half lads.

You're clutching at straws now.

Your argument is flawed because you just viewing the situation with your own rules.

Shearmagic,

I actually agree with all of this. I still don't tink Hatem has been as ineffective as people are making out though. He's been equally as effective as Ryan Taylor and / or Obertan in an tacking sense. Ryan Taylor has contributed most in a defensive sense. Hatem is the most talented of the three though. I don't think anyone can actually 100% wholeheartedly disagree with that.

Yeah but people are suggesting that we play a player that has little or no defensive abilities in front of Danny Simpson, who himself has little or no defensive abilities.

Sounds like a solid idea...

Another who has bought Pardew's propaganda rather than actually grasping the situation occuring.

Well it's not, because I've seen it through my own eyes whilst being objective about things and not just :fwap:ing about him because I'm a fanboi

You've seen the game against Blackburn at home in the cup through your own eyes?

Shearmagic,

:idiot2:

Great reply, would read again.

answer my quote then, your statement is shite and you obviously don't like Ben Arfa. No need to spill it over into your bias ridden posts. No one claims he's a god and he's had poor games, but it's blindingly obvious what he brings to us when he plays. Howay,

You've seen the game against Blackburn at home in the cup through your own eyes?

Use one game as an example?

K.

Yeah but people are suggesting that we play a player that has little or no defensive abilities in front of Danny Simpson, who himself has little or no defensive abilities.

Sounds like a solid idea...

Look at the first Wolves goal, Jesus wept.