Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Daft bint next to me went 'Awww hey, you don't like him do you?', in response to me saying 'He's finally putting Ben Arfa on'.

She called him the 'laziest ratbag' shes ever seen or something along those lines. Incredible.

I don't know if you all expected something particular from him during his little cameo yesterday, but I really didn't expect anything (not bad) coming from HBA. Sometimes people forget (and I pointed it out last time) that he didn't play at all this month...

It's a player who needs a run of games to perform well so, he surely won't find again his self-confidence seating on the bench.

Really don't know what he is doing in training (if he's really "lazy") as Pardew don't trust him. But some people in here are right to point out the fact Pardew gives a lot importance to the way players train. And that could explain why he doen't make HBA play, as I know (from experience and seeing Hatem in training) that he doesn't do all the efforts needed in training. Sometimes he behaves like a lazy person in training, surely prefering to show what he's capable of doing IN THE PITCH (during matches). But that's clearly a bad idea because we all know Pardew will prefer someone who works hard and well in training and not someone who can show sporadically some glimpses of his talent.

I wouldn't have said a few weeks ago that HBA could have gone this summer but as things stand, I can see him asking himself a lot of questions about his future in NUFC. No one knows what's going on behind the scenes but Pardew must have his reasons, even if he doesn't explain them well. 

I think most of the fans know we'll not see the best of Ben Arfa until he's given a run of games.  What he does in training is bollocks anyway as he usually produces somethng in a game when played and that should be all that matters.

Our training must be shit, we had 2 weeks training before yesterday and I couldn't see what we'd done in that time to put right what was wrong against Spurs.

Daft bint next to me went 'Awww hey, you don't like him do you?', in response to me saying 'He's finally putting Ben Arfa on'.

She called him the 'laziest ratbag' shes ever seen or something along those lines. Incredible.

The lazy tag just goes to show what effect propaganda from the manager can have. I've honestly never watched him once and thought he was lazy. Losing possession cheaply at times and holding onto the ball too long are all valid criticisms (almost always in positions like yesterday where he's given twenty minutes to win the game cos no fucker else will) but the lazy thing, I simply do not get. Robert was lazy, I loved him and didn't care, but I could freely admit that workrate wasn't up there as an attribute. Ben Arfa? I simply don't see it.

Hope you punched the stupid cunt in the face.

The lazy tag just goes to show what effect propaganda from the manager can have. I've honestly never watched him once and thought he was lazy. Losing possession cheaply at times and holding onto the ball too long are all valid criticisms (almost always in positions like yesterday where he's given twenty minutes to win the game cos no f***er else will) but the lazy thing, I simply do not get. Robert was lazy, I loved him and didn't care, but I could freely admit that workrate wasn't up there as an attribute. Ben Arfa? I simply don't see it.

I agree. People call him lazy simply because he dosn't have very good defensive attributes.

Hope you punched the stupid c*** in the face.

:lol:

Been mismanaged by a numpty of a manager who is one of those who loves his mediocre players (Simpson, Raylor: even Mullins over Mascherano) over his most talented: he's too tactically inept to make use of HBA

He provokes some strange reactions from people thats for sure. Literally minutes after he had his first effort which went inches wide, he played a bll back to the keeper. Bloke behind me shouted 'well done Ben Arfa, thats the first thing you've done all game'. Now, I wonder if the same ball had of been playe by say, Raylor, would the same bloke have made such a moronic comment?

Its like, unless he comes on and immediately creates then he is prone to criticism. Whereas the like of Raylor, Jonas (not yesterday of course) and Cabaye even seem to get a prett easy ride - more so from the crowd than message boards.

Strange.

Guest mimifrench

The lazy tag just goes to show what effect propaganda from the manager can have. I've honestly never watched him once and thought he was lazy. Losing possession cheaply at times and holding onto the ball too long are all valid criticisms (almost always in positions like yesterday where he's given twenty minutes to win the game cos no f***er else will) but the lazy thing, I simply do not get. Robert was lazy, I loved him and didn't care, but I could freely admit that workrate wasn't up there as an attribute. Ben Arfa? I simply don't see it.

In fact, the appropriate word would rather be "nonchalant" instead of lazy concerning Ben arfa. It's like he doesn't care, he's indifferent. But it is, here again,  rather a way of being than something intentional.

In every clubs he was, people have said the same about him... Sometimes things seem too much easy to do for him so he doesn't put the minimum effort to do them well or make them even better (here I mean both in training and in matches). 

That's why he's a frustrating player for some people...

In fact, the appropriate word would rather be "nonchalant" instead of lazy concerning Ben arfa. It's like he doesn't care, he's indifferent. But it is, here again,  rather a way of being than something intentional.

In every clubs he was, people have said the same about him... Sometimes things seem too much easy to do for him so he doesn't put the minimum effort to do them well or make them even better (here I mean both in training and in matches). 

If you watched him going mental with the fourth official about Wolves' timewasting I think it's quite clear he does care.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye, he definitely does. He goes down the tunnel early when he's unhappy at himself, he's got very high standards and knows those two chances would have won it for us.

He provokes some strange reactions from people thats for sure. Literally minutes after he had his first effort which went inches wide, he played a bll back to the keeper. Bloke behind me shouted 'well done Ben Arfa, thats the first thing you've done all game'. Now, I wonder if the same ball had of been playe by say, Raylor, would the same bloke have made such a moronic comment?

Its like, unless he comes on and immediately creates then he is prone to criticism. Whereas the like of Raylor, Jonas (not yesterday of course) and Cabaye even seem to get a prett easy ride - more so from the crowd than message boards.

Strange.

On the message boards it's the total opposite, peoplewank over Ben Arfa and give our less talented players unjust criticism. Mind you this happens in the stands too when the likes of Shola, Obertan, etc come on.

Really, the right mentality is somewhere between the two - no player should be subjected to the bollocks they receive if they're trying their best.

Guest mimifrench

If you watched him going mental with the fourth official about Wolves' timewasting I think it's quite clear he does care.

Well I didn't see him going mental like you say but yes it's sure he does care. What I meant is that with his behaviour both in training and on the pitch, he gives to people the impression that he doesn't care, it's totally different... But that's his way of being.

Of course, I'm sure, even if he's on the bench he wants the team to win and do well. He's a competitor above all, that's normal he wants to play and help the team but I'm sorry he cannot do anything in 30 minutes and without any matches under his belt during 1 month (or more)!

Hatem was scared, febrile, without rythm and the lack of confidence was flagrant. A very poor cameo facilitated by six months of Pardew mismanagement of the lad.

Sad really to hear the crowd roar agaisnt him.

Brilliantly put  :clap:

Guest neesy111

He's clearly trying to impress so much when he comes on because of the shocking management by Pardew, that he's trying too much when on the ball.  Still was our best outlet by a mile when he came on though.

Guest mimifrench

Anyway, for those who've known/followed Ben arfa for a long time, it always has been the same situation with him in every clubs he went to. It has been continuously, repeteadly, endlessly the same situation : in the end in Lyon, during 2 years in Marseille and now in Newcastle. Really thought after all that (and his injury) he would have found his happiness in Newcastle and play regularly, every weekend in front of more than 50 000 enthousiast and football lovers fans...

But no, after all those years, he's still at the same point : on the bench most of the time, fighting to have a start and sadest thing among all, given a 20-30 minutes cameo to prove himself and then if he didn't, it would give THE excuse to the coach not playing him and THE excuse to his detractors to say "You see, that's why he didn't deserve a start!"...

Sometimes, often, you just want to shout at him: "What the fuck are you doing here! Wake up! Prove them they were wrong! Train even harder than the others if it's needed, spend your entire day/night working hard to not let the choice to the manager to make you play!"

He's 24 now, well 25 in March so he has wasted so much time. I fear he won't do the career he would have deserved and he'll regret it after. :(

Like someone said, gold in feet but nothing in the brain...

He was poor when he came on yesterday. It was a case of trying to "do too much" I reckon though his attacking play was positive enough. Some people around me were getting restless with the lad though. Seriously, some people are just idiots (though are probably overridden by emotion/frustration tbf).

The way I see it though is that he just needs a fucking run of games. As silly as it sounds, it might have to take an injury to Raylor/Obertan for Ben Arfa to actually get a chance. Having said that though, there's 3 months/12 games left for Pardew to do the right thing. The likes of Raylor/Obertan have been given enough opportunities, it's time to give Hatem that extended run of games he desperately needs.

Guest michaelfoster

wonder what the reaction would have been if Wolves had scored right at the end when Ben Arfa lost the ball in our half due to a sloppy pass and Wolves scored from it.