Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The whole team didn't play great today, so to rule out any one player alone would be unfair.

On the other hand, this wankfest around Ben Arfa needs to stop, and seemingly, very slowly is. Thank fuck.

Tell you what needs to stop, his arse being on the bench at the start of the game while we continue to be unable to break down teams like Wolves and Swansea at home.

The whole team didn't play great today, so to rule out any one player alone would be unfair.

On the other hand, this wankfest around Ben Arfa needs to stop, and seemingly, very slowly is. Thank f***.

Tell you what needs to stop, his arse being on the bench at the start of the game while we continue to be unable to break down teams like Wolves and Swansea at home.

I agree with that also, mind.

On the other hand, this wankfest around Ben Arfa needs to stop, and seemingly, very slowly is. Thank fuck.

But how would we ever contain the world class talents those clubs have on the wing? You only have to look at yesterday to see that with Ben Arfa on the pitch we concede goals. :bluestar:

Needs a consistent run of games. Pardew's not given him anywhere near enough game time to settle, adapt, and adjust. Looked a frustrated figure yesterday (in so far as trying to do too much), and I don't blame him.

People need to stop making excuses for him because you are going to get hurt in the summer transfer window.

Mate,everyone expects him to leave.dont understand this frustrating player tag,raylor is frustrating,obertan is frustrating,Simpson and shola too.when Hatem loses the ball,at least you know he's going tonmake some kind of chance happen 1 in 3 times he's on the ball unlike others who just piss it up without even trying to open up other teams

Needs a consistent run of games. Pardew's not given him anywhere near enough game time to settle, adapt, and adjust. Looked a frustrated figure yesterday, and I don't blame him.

Yesterday would have been a good game for him to get 90 mins under his belt against a pish side. Next week against the mackems would be daft now, going in cold after months on the bench.

Needs a consistent run of games. Pardew's not given him anywhere near enough game time to settle, adapt, and adjust. Looked a frustrated figure yesterday, and I don't blame him.

Yesterday would have been a good game for him to get 90 mins under his belt against a pish side. Next week against the mackems would be daft now, going in cold after months on the bench.

Absolutely. Pardew bottled it yesterday - those quotes after the Spurs game about 'our first choice midfield' (including Raylor) being out were strange to say the least.

and right wing in a midfield that doesn't move isn't really the best way to play him. like putting bellamy at left back.

and right wing in a midfield that doesn't move isn't really the best way to play him. like putting bellamy at left back.

Agreed. Might be a bit late in the season to start overhauling our formation now though, especially if Pardew has doubts about it.

Can't believe some people are thick enough to be turning on Ben Arfa.

Guy has been treated like absolute shit, looking more and more like Pardew just wants rid of him and is never going to give him a real chance. I'll be fucking gutted if he goes, one of the most talented players I've seen at the club and we're just going to toss him away while playing rubbish footballers like Ryan Taylor and Obertan ahead of him.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to continue to support Pardew if he does get rid, what sort of manager doesn't even want to try and use a talent like that?

Why are you listing right sided midfielders ahead of Arfa ?

"Ben Arfa spent three years at the academy and, upon leaving, signed with Olympique Lyonnais, where he won four Ligue 1 titles. In his early career at Lyon, he played as a centre forward"  He spent 1994-2008 In a CF position. It was only then he switched to RW. He himself prefers CF and doesn`t really like RW.

As I see it part of the deal signing was to be used as a Centre Forward.  Its Ba and Cisse getting ahead of him which is justified in my eyes. I think if we get into Europe you will see alot more of him.

Also He has spent most of his career as a substitute from what I have read. He has had only about 150 senior appearences scoring about 20 goals. I think he is a talent but not what some people are making him out to be.

I'm listing RW's because he's quite clearly capable of playing there. If the long term plan is for him to primarily be a striker then I'm fine with that, but right now he's sitting on the bench despite being a blatantly better option than anyone else we currently have on the right side.

If we sign a quality right winger in the summer I'll be happy to see Ben Arfa used predominantly up front (though with the current style no doubt he'll be behind Shola in the pecking order), but as of right now he should be starting out right.

Whatever Pardew's been saying publicly seems to be rubbing off with the majority of half-wits that sit around me.

Some of the s**** labelled towards him when he was being brought on was mind boggling.

I said that weeks ago, it's disgusting that our manager has done this to one of our own players.

Guest hatem garrincha

Whatever Pardew's been saying publicly seems to be rubbing off with the majority of half-wits that sit around me.

Some of the s**** labelled towards him when he was being brought on was mind boggling.

You could hear the public yesterday, even by watching the match on TV. It was terrible, almost each time he had the ball.

You could hear the public yesterday, even by watching the match on TV. It was terrible, almost each time he had the ball.

To be fair, the ooh's and aah's were directed at all of the players by that time.  I hate it when people do that as it doesn't help the players, it's the same when people start whistling at the end, it just gets the players to panic.

To be fair, the ooh's and aah's were directed at all of the players by that time.  I hate it when people do that as it doesn't help the players, it's the same when people start whistling at the end, it just gets the players to panic.

You're right, on this occassion.

If they're in Black and White people should get behind them, unless they clearly don't give 100%.

As frustrating as Ben Arfa may be, he is clearly talented and puts the effort in.

What did the crowd do towards Ben arfa yesterday? Something particular happened?

Nothing particularly directed towards him, people were openly having a go but it wasn't anything he would hear.  The last 20 or so minutes was a case of the crowd moaning every time a move broke down.

Right wing, centre forward - the most bizarre thing is that he's never been used as a left winger since his return. Doubt Pardew's ever bothered to take the time to watch that Everton game.

Jonas right wing, Ben Arfa left wing, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle. That midfield should pick itself, and there's absolutely no justifiable reason why any other lineup should be tried until this one has failed. Ben Arfa and Jonas being on the "correct" flanks would give them the option of putting first time crosses in, whereas if they're on the opposite flank they're constantly checking back in onto their stronger foot and therefore wasting whatever space/crossing opportunity they've created (hence why it becomes tempting to then go for goal instead of putting it into the box). As it stands, with Santon and Jonas always looking to cut back inside and Obertan/Raylor/Simpson doing sod all down the right, we have virtually nothing resembling "service" coming in from the flanks - which in a direct team with two strikers waiting in the box is criminal.

Guest mimifrench

I don't know if you all expected something particular from him during his little cameo yesterday, but I really didn't expect anything (not bad) coming from HBA. Sometimes people forget (and I pointed it out last time) that he didn't play at all this month...

It's a player who needs a run of games to perform well so, he surely won't find again his self-confidence seating on the bench.

Really don't know what he is doing in training (if he's really "lazy") as Pardew don't trust him. But some people in here are right to point out the fact Pardew gives a lot importance to the way players train. And that could explain why he doen't make HBA play, as I know (from experience and seeing Hatem in training) that he doesn't do all the efforts needed in training. Sometimes he behaves like a lazy person in training, surely prefering to show what he's capable of doing IN THE PITCH (during matches). But that's clearly a bad idea because we all know Pardew will prefer someone who works hard and well in training and not someone who can show sporadically some glimpses of his talent.

I wouldn't have said a few weeks ago that HBA could have gone this summer but as things stand, I can see him asking himself a lot of questions about his future in NUFC. No one knows what's going on behind the scenes but Pardew must have his reasons, even if he doesn't explain them well. 

Guest hatem garrincha

Aaah, the first of his two shoots...would have been his ticket for next sunday IF...............

That's the current situation of Hatem : do something special in 20 minutes to have a provisional chance the next match.

Aaah, the first of his two shoots...would have been his ticket for next sunday IF...............

That's the current situation of Hatem : do something special in 20 minutes to have a provisional chance the next match.

Exactly, and with that in mind, is it any wonder that he tries to hold onto it too long in the hope he can repeat the goal against Blackburn - even then he got dropped for the next game. :lol: :lol: