Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

We have a winner already for biggest fraud for 2012.

Wrong. Harry Redknapp.

That's libellous that.

What does that mean?

You've said he's done something i.e. him being a fraud when he's been found not to be.

Ah, so why does it matter?  ???

The most disturbing thing for me in the last few pages is the information that large sections of the crowd have apparently bought into Pardews incessant comments about Ben Arfa. Just goes to show how little people really think for themselves. No wonder Murdoch was trying to control the worlds media.

I just want to see the lad given a run of starts.

The most disturbing thing for me in the last few pages is the information that large sections of the crowd have apparently bought into Pardews incessant comments about Ben Arfa. Just goes to show how little people really think for themselves. No wonder Murdoch was trying to control the worlds media.

To be fair, some people may just have this as their own opinion, which happens to fall in line with some of Pardews comments.

Guest hatem garrincha

To be fair, some people may just have this as their own opinion, which happens to fall in line with some of Pardews comments.

The coincidence is disturbing because Ben Arfa has never been treated like that by the crowd.

In contrast, when things were not going well at the game level whereas he wasn't playing, the crowd chanted his name.

Pardew has excellent results this season and he is highly respected by the crowd for that, so what he says publically about a player is important and heard.

The moron count is getting scaring high in here. I've said this before and I'll repeat it, find an example of Ben Arfa being lazy. An example of him not being technically good at tackling or heading doesn't count, find an example to back up your shite, you won't, because there aren't any. The fact that we've even lowered ourselves to this debate is sickening, he's a fucking playmaker who creates things, not a carthorse there to stop the other team playing, we don't need 11 of those players on the pitch every single week.

Bobby would be shaking his head at so many of you clueless twats, Pardew included.

The moron count is getting scaring high in here. I've said this before and I'll repeat it, find an example of Ben Arfa being lazy. An example of him not being technically good at tackling or heading doesn't count, find an example to back up your shite, you won't, because there aren't any. The fact that we've even lowered ourselves to this debate is sickening, he's a fucking playmaker who creates things, not a carthorse there to stop the other team playing, we don't need 11 of those players on the pitch every single week.

Bobby would be shaking his head at so many of you clueless twats, Pardew included.

:clap:

Aye, not long ago the crowd were chanting his name when he was on the bench.

Reckon everyone was just completely pissed off by the end yesterday and were having a go at everyone, no doubt some thickos will have bought into the "lazy" business though.

Anyway, for those who've known/followed Ben arfa for a long time, it always has been the same situation with him in every clubs he went to. It has been continuously, repeteadly, endlessly the same situation : in the end in Lyon, during 2 years in Marseille and now in Newcastle. Really thought after all that (and his injury) he would have found his happiness in Newcastle and play regularly, every weekend in front of more than 50 000 enthousiast and football lovers fans...

But no, after all those years, he's still at the same point : on the bench most of the time, fighting to have a start and sadest thing among all, given a 20-30 minutes cameo to prove himself and then if he didn't, it would give THE excuse to the coach not playing him and THE excuse to his detractors to say "You see, that's why he didn't deserve a start!"...

Sometimes, often, you just want to shout at him: "What the fuck are you doing here! Wake up! Prove them they were wrong! Train even harder than the others if it's needed, spend your entire day/night working hard to not let the choice to the manager to make you play!"

He's 24 now, well 25 in March so he has wasted so much time. I fear he won't do the career he would have deserved and he'll regret it after. :(

Like someone said, gold in feet but nothing in the brain...

Great post. I see most have (conveniently) ignored it, because it is spot on. Wake up to reality.

If we see another manager the calibre of SBR in my lifetime at the club it'll be happy days. We may just have to wait a very, very long time before we convince someone like that to join us again. And to actually have him given the free reign, pressure-free, that SBR had initially, to build something glorious, seems like a distant dream now.

SBR managed Robert, Bowyer, Dyer, Bellamy, etc., FFS, and that's just at the toon. Think about how many other enigmatic, crazy but insanely talented players he's managed to get the best out of, and you have to wonder why lesser managers don't emulate that thought process.

If we see another manager the calibre of SBR in my lifetime at the club it'll be happy days. We may just have to wait a very, very long time before we convince someone like that to join us again. And to actually have him given the free reign, pressure-free, that SBR had initially, to build something glorious, seems like a distant dream now.

SBR managed Robert, Bowyer, Dyer, Bellamy, etc., FFS, and that's just at the toon. Think about how many other enigmatic, crazy but insanely talented players he's managed to get the best out of, and you have to wonder why lesser managers don't emulate that thought process.

Romario didn't want to train (in fact some days he outright refused to turn up), but SBR still played him on matchday.  HBA is training, and Pardew still won't give him a run in the side, even though he is racking up goals/assists/chances off the bench in pressurised 15 minute slots. :anguish:

Robson had belief in his own ability though; being high up in the Premier League didn't faze him in the slightest. I'm not convinced this applies to Pardew. It's as though he's so nervous about mucking up what we've acheived so far that he's trying everything possible to avoid it and it's at risk of backfiring. Our season is on a knife-edge at the moment IMO.

Guest neesy111

Romario was a notoriously bad trainer and a lazy player. Yet Sir Bobby played him every week without fail

Ronaldinho was the same.

Guest hatem garrincha

Anyway, for those who've known/followed Ben arfa for a long time, it always has been the same situation with him in every clubs he went to. It has been continuously, repeteadly, endlessly the same situation : in the end in Lyon, during 2 years in Marseille and now in Newcastle. Really thought after all that (and his injury) he would have found his happiness in Newcastle and play regularly, every weekend in front of more than 50 000 enthousiast and football lovers fans...

But no, after all those years, he's still at the same point : on the bench most of the time, fighting to have a start and sadest thing among all, given a 20-30 minutes cameo to prove himself and then if he didn't, it would give THE excuse to the coach not playing him and THE excuse to his detractors to say "You see, that's why he didn't deserve a start!"...

Sometimes, often, you just want to shout at him: "What the f*** are you doing here! Wake up! Prove them they were wrong! Train even harder than the others if it's needed, spend your entire day/night working hard to not let the choice to the manager to make you play!"

He's 24 now, well 25 in March so he has wasted so much time. I fear he won't do the career he would have deserved and he'll regret it after. :(

Like someone said, gold in feet but nothing in the brain...

Great post. I see most have (conveniently) ignored it, because it is spot on. Wake up to reality.

Not in as good english as mimi but....  :)

His situation at Newcastle have been completely different than previous stories in France.

He hasn't been in situation yet to even show that he's not the same player/man.

I'm convinced for my part that he can  be THE big hit at NUFC. He's not even at the age of Cantona's best days. Both have very similar profiles (big natural  talent, difficulties to succeed in France, relationships problems with managers - we all remember the '"you're a load of s***" adressed by Cantona to Henri Michel, national french team manager in 1988 - then a new and great career in England for Eric )

I really think it's an error to explain his current difficulties in the light of his past. It's also too easy for his detractors.

Guest neesy111

Robson had belief in his own ability though; being high up in the Premier League didn't faze him in the slightest. I'm not convinced this applies to Pardew. It's as though he's so nervous about mucking up the season we've had so far that he's trying everything possible to avoid doing so and it's at risk of backfiring. Things are on a knife-edge at the moment IMO.

There is a mentality at the moment of us being scared to lose which is completely the wrong approach.

It's not under eleven's football FFS, Pardew's job isn't to pick the kids who come to training most often and work the hardest.

If Ben Arfa was lazy on the pitch there'd be some merit to this business about him having to work harder, but we've seen no sign of that. I'm sure his attitude isn't perfect, it rarely is with flair players like him, but if he does the business on the pitch I couldn't give a shit if he half arses it in training, nobody gives a shit who wins the Monday morning five aside games.

Robson had belief in his own ability though; being high up in the Premier League didn't faze him in the slightest. I'm not convinced this applies to Pardew. It's as though he's so nervous about mucking up what we've acheived so far that he's trying everything possible to avoid it and it's at risk of backfiring. Our season is on a knife-edge at the moment IMO.

I agree, which is why I've accused him of bottling it a few times this season, Liverpool was the worst. Like I said elsewhere it's only gonna take one or two upgrades to the first team for Pardew to look like the weak link every single week unless he changes his mindset.

Guest mimifrench

His situation at Newcastle have been completely different than previous stories in France.

He hasn't been in situation yet to even show that he's not the same player/man.

I'm convinced for my part that he can  be THE big hit at NUFC. He's not even at the age of Cantona's best days. Both have very similar profiles (big natural  talent, difficulties to succeed in France, relationships problems with managers - we all remember the '"you're a load of s***" adressed by Cantona to Henri Michel, national french team manager in 1988 - then a new and great career in England for Eric )

I really think it's an error to explain his current difficulties in the light of his past. It's also too easy for his detractors.

I agree with you and think he changed his behaviour and is another man now but how do you explain that Pardew (like his previous coaches) keep putting him on the bench?? Why there is always a problem with his coaches? Is there a coach on this planet who'd be able to manage Ben arfa? I hope there's one because if not, Ben arfa will have to change something again...

He could be a big hit in Nufc, I really hope so but for that he has to show what he's capable of and that during a sufficient run of games, not 20 minutes when he has to be the savior. By the way, Pardew made a big mistake yesterday bringing Ben arfa on in a difficult moment for NUFC in the game. If he really wanted Ben arfa to succeed, he wouldn't put HBA's self condidence down like he actually does with his awful mismanagement. 

Forgot to mention in my post the terrible injury Ben arfa suffered from but still...

Tbf Bobby's a different breed. There's only maybe a handful of managers in the league that want their players to express themselves and assert themselves the way Bobby did. And now you have people saying Wenger is clueless. Despite Pep's success, tt's a dying breed of football manager.

Guest hatem garrincha

I agree with you and think he changed his behaviour and is another man now but how do you explain that Pardew (like his previous coaches) keep putting him on the bench?? Why there is always a problem with his coaches? Is there a coach on this planet who'd be able to manage Ben arfa? I hope there's one because if not, Ben arfa will have to change something again...

I don't know if he has changed or is another man, I'm just saying that under Pardew, he has not been putted yet in the situation to show if he has.

Ok his past don't speak in his favor, but it's too easy to explain his current "failure" in the light of what he did when he was a boy of 22.