Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Roger Kint

A combination today of being sloppy himself and having f*** all movement in front of him.

This

Wouldn't mind seeing Jonas and Ben Arfa swapping wings a bit when we play 4-4-2.

and this.

Aye, Simpson needs more help from Jonas than Santon.

Santon hasnt had any help from Jonas in 3 games......and it shows tbh

Guest reefatoon

Must be frustrating though, with the s**** he has infront of him. It's like when your playing footy with friends, and the lad that's a bit s*** is in space, but....

What's more frustrating is when a bloke with the incredible talent that he has, can't take the game by the scruff of the neck against a very average championship team.

It's games like that I want him to step up and show what he can do.

Must be frustrating though, with the s**** he has infront of him. It's like when your playing footy with friends, and the lad that's a bit s*** is in space, but....

What's more frustrating is when a bloke with the incredible talent that he has, can't take the game by the scruff of the neck against a very average championship team.

Dunno, does football really work like that? Brighton aren't that bad a side, and any well-organised and motivated football team can make it difficult for better teams to play.

And HBA was also handicapped by the presence of Shola and Best ahead of him. I know he didn't have a great game, but I'm not sure what you're expecting him to do. The whole team failed to overcome Brighton.

Dunno, does football really work like that? Brighton aren't that bad a side, and any well-organised and motivated football team can make it difficult for better teams to play.

And HBA was also handicapped by the presence of Shola and Best ahead of him. I know he didn't have a great game, but I'm not sure what you're expecting him to do. The whole team failed to overcome Brighton.

Shut up man, he is supposed to dribble past 5-6 players then belt it in all the time!

Shut up man, he is supposed to dribble past 5-6 players then belt it in all the time!

Or at least one 'Thunderbastard' off a strike! We aren't asking for much.......

Guest reefatoon

Yeah or even create "something" would have been canny.  Not asking for miracles, but for me he needs to start showing why a lot of people have him on a pedestal as an"NUFC god".

Apart from his cracking goal against Blackburn, you can't exactly say he has shone.

The brighton game did show up his weakness on his right foot. The one time he ran at them blackburn style, 3 of them just stood there and blocked him from coming inside. If the other players actually moved we couldve taken advantage of that ofc, but they didnt.

Yeah or even create "something" would have been canny.  Not asking for miracles, but for me he needs to start showing why a lot of people have him on a pedestal as an"NUFC god".

Apart from his cracking goal against Blackburn, you can't exactly say he has shone.

How many games has he started in his entire NUFC career?

Not to mention, how many consecutive games has he started in?

If the jury is out it's because we've barely seen him play. Some people see him as some sort of saviour which is heaping unnecessary pressure on him, but there's little doubt he's the most gifted creative player at Newcastle and that's going to make people excited about the possibilities, IF we can get it out of him on a regular basis. In a team lacking creative flair the spotlight will be on a player like Ben Arfa, espescially when he isn't getting games and we're struggling to cut teams open from midfield. It's obvious he needs a run in the team. He might lack certain attributes but most players of his type do. They're in the team for what they do at the other end of the pitch.

I'm confident given an injury free run in the team he'll be a key player but he needs that chance. He's never had it at this club. I think he's the sort of player we will give up on and some other club will be laughing a year down the line. I hope that's not the case but when you look at our wide options all season with Marveaux's injury it's stunning Ben Arfa (and Santon) have had to wait so long. I think what Pardew's done on a meagre budget is very impressive but he'll sometimes get it wrong and in Ben Arfa I think he needs to wake up and give the boy a proper chance. A goal and an assist against Fulham, a crucial goal against Blackburn, a crucial goal off the bench against Bolton, the lad is already showing end product despite limited chances and a team playing some pretty average football. We definitely need him.

How many games has he started in his entire NUFC career?

Not to mention, how many consecutive games has he started in?

If the jury is out it's because we've barely seen him play. Some people see him as some sort of saviour which is heaping unnecessary pressure on him, but there's little doubt he's the most gifted creative player at Newcastle and that's going to make people excited about the possibilities, IF we can get it out of him on a regular basis. In a team lacking creative flair the spotlight will be on a player like Ben Arfa, espescially when he isn't getting games and we're struggling to cut teams open from midfield. It's obvious he needs a run in the team. He might lack certain attributes but most players of his type do. They're in the team for what they do at the other end of the pitch.

I'm confident given an injury free run in the team he'll be a key player but he needs that chance. He's never had it at this club. I think he's the sort of player we will give up on and some other club will be laughing a year down the line. I hope that's not the case but when you look at our wide options all season with Marveaux's injury it's stunning Ben Arfa (and Santon) have had to wait so long. I think what Pardew's done on a meagre budget is very impressive but he'll sometimes get it wrong and in Ben Arfa I think he needs to wake up and give the boy a proper chance. A goal and an assist against Fulham, a crucial goal against Blackburn, a crucial goal off the bench against Bolton, the lad is already showing end product despite limited chances and a team playing some pretty average football. We definitely need him.

Ye kna. O0

You missed the best chance of the game, which Ben Arfa created, yeah?

I came. What a guy!

Hatem has evolved, I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be a success here.

Any interesting comments from him in there?

I'm trying to watch this, speaking no word of French and attempting to understand it :lol: anyone with a grasp of the French language care to share what he says?