Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I was talking about watch in a stadium, live. I've never watched Barcelona.

I've seen Toure but I'd say Ben Arfa has comfortably more individual talent than him. Its Yaya Toures pace and power which is frightning.

I'm a huge HBA fan (who isn't?) but you'd have to say he needs to weigh in with 12+goals for a couple of years and/or perform to consistently high standards for another 18 months or so to make NUFC legendary status.

Pedro did it over 250 games for us. He delivered consistently, to a very high standard over many games.

If HBA continues the way he's started his NUFC career then there's every chance he'll be up there.

What a player.

I'm a huge HBA fan (who isn't?) but you'd have to say he needs to weigh in with 12+goals for a couple of years and/or perform to consistently high standards for another 18 months or so to make NUFC legendary status.

Pedro did it over 250 games for us. He delivered consistently, to a very high standard over many games.

If HBA continues the way he's started his NUFC career then there's every chance he'll be up there.

What a player.

He also needs to play in the Masters (is it still going?)

What a player.

He also needs to play in the Masters (is it still going?)

If its not, it'll be his job to resurrect it.

Guest firetotheworks

It's hard to remember Ginola now for me, but I absolutely worshipped the bloke as a kid, to the extent that I thought Beardsley to him was like Batty to Beardsley. Completely wrong of course, but he was the player I wanted to be. I was borderline depressed when Dalglish sold him and I hated Ketsbaia for a long time purely because he was number 14.

Ben Arfa would be that player now, without question. Objectively, Ben Arfa is a better player than Ginola mind. Ben Arfa in the team that Ginola was in would be absolutely ridiculous.

there's a difference between best player and best player for us. i doubt he will be best player for us as i doubt he will stay  as long as beardsley, but he can be the best player that we have had on our books, and I think he is overall, certainly in my time. unfortunately my awareness only began towards the end of beardsley

Not many like him around. The goal he scored against Bolton last season, I'm not sure if there are more than 2-3 players in the world capabel of doing that at the highest level.

In the Premiership, maybe Hazard, maybe Nani on his day.

In the rest of the world, Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. Can't think of anyone else.

And Catts of course.

Not many like him around. The goal he scored against Bolton last season, I'm not sure if there are more than 2-3 players in the world capabel of doing that at the highest level.

In the rest of the world, Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. Can't think of anyone else.

And Catts of course.

Ronaldinho back in his day, who I think is quite similar to him.

Ronny is a lot better of course, stronger, insanely skillful and smart. 

And Catts of course.

Or Dalian Atkinson.

It's hard to remember Ginola now for me, but I absolutely worshipped the bloke as a kid, to the extent that I thought Beardsley to him was like Batty to Beardsley. Completely wrong of course, but he was the player I wanted to be. I was borderline depressed when Dalglish sold him and I hated Ketsbaia for a long time purely because he was number 14.

Ben Arfa would be that player now, without question. Objectively, Ben Arfa is a better player than Ginola mind. Ben Arfa in the team that Ginola was in would be absolutely ridiculous.

We're ok now though, yeah?

It's between him and van Persie for the best player in the league.

Whoa now. I'm as big an HBA fan as the next ignorant American, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. You are completely discounting Jose Enrique in goal -- the man has a 100% clean sheet rate in all competitions.

Guest firetotheworks

Quote from: Kid Icarus on Today at 11:37:37 AM

We're ok now though, yeah?

We've been okay since you kicked the billboards. 

Guest icemanblue

I called he'd be an outstanding signing when he was in the French league. Glad Man Utd didn't get their hands on him!

You've got a real eye for a player, mate.