Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

When he first joined 2 years ago a mate told me he was talking to a Frenchman who said ' you've seen Ginola and Robert but Ben Arfa is better'.

Anyone reckon he's better than both?

Said it before but he's like the best of both combined.

Has all the flair and finesse of Ginola aswell as the ability to pull an absolute rocket out of the hat and change games like Robert.

Played well today and there was a couple of world class passses/skills but at the same time there was about 4x where he should have just layed it off to Anita to cross or passed it on to his right foot when instead he forced him in on to his left / didn't pass at all.

Aside from the obvious footballing ability on show today I loved it when he kicked off with the ref, could hear him shout from Level 4, he's really fired up at the minute.

He's desperate to push us on as a team even if he has to do it alone sometimes. He's fucking outrageous

Guest firetotheworks

There's nothing better than having a player that can dummy you in your own seat.

I haven't enjoyed a player like this since Ginola and tbh, he's better.

And to think they were having a discussion on Radio Newcastle in the last couple of weeks (I think initiated by the Mackems) over who was better - Ben Arfa or Adam Johnson.

:lol:

When people compare Ben Arfa to others, they should make sure they do it with actual world class players like Hazard, Pastore (on his way), Gotze, Ozil, Iniesta, Eriksen. To a lesser or greater extent, these are players who share similar qualities with Ben Arfa. Not fucking Adam Johnson

Played well today and there was a couple of world class passses/skills but at the same time there was about 4x where he should have just layed it off to Anita to cross or passed it on to his right foot when instead he forced him in on to his left / didn't pass at all.

He's always going to have moments like this in matches. Just on the ball so much, creating more than anyone else, he's bound to make some mistakes.