Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

In terms of his own standards he was disappointing because of his final ball, but in comparison to the rest of the team - perhaps Santon and Ba excepted from an attacking POV - he was in a different league, yet again.

He was consistently beating multiple players in a single dribble and looking like our only chance of creating a breakthrough at times.

To call him "shit" is scandalous.

In terms of his own standards he was disappointing because of his final ball, but in comparison to the rest of the team - perhaps Santon and Ba excepted from an attacking POV - he was in a different league, yet again.

He was consistently beating multiple players in a single dribble and looking like our only chance of creating a breakthrough at times.

Agreed.  Sometimes you just can't win no matter how well you play though.

:thup:

i also thought he was s***,  it shocks me how many fans blatently ignore his lack of team play simply because he's technically gifted.

he can have all the gift in the world, if he's not a team player he's just a one man clown show.

a lot of our counter attacks breaks down due to this guy believe it or not.

when on the off chance we get to try a fast break down the right flank, we string one-two passes up the field, when it arrive at HBA's feet he dribbles then stop as he's beginning to be closed down by the opposition,  his team mate is waiting for that pass,  HBA twist and turn trying to dribble forward again, all the while he has an eternity of time to make that simple pass out.

the move is lost, the attack is lost, the momentum is gone,  that simple 5 yard pass that Cabaye is usually waiting to receive never arrives. 

something Pardew can take a leaf from Brian Clough's coaching

this is what he needs to tell HBA , run around the corner flag boy.

"Now run round the corner flag again without the ball. Tell me, what was easier, running with the ball or without the ball?"

"Without it boss," HBA says.

"Well why don't you pass it on a bloody Sunday then?"

Guest nufc1892

i also thought he was s***,  it shocks me how many fans blatently ignore his lack of team play simply because he's technically gifted.

he can have all the gift in the world, if he's not a team player he's just a one man clown show.

when on the off chance we get to try a fast break down the right flank, we string one-two passes up the field, when it arrive at HBA's feet he dribbles then stop as he's beginning to be closed down by the opposition,  his team mate is waiting for that pass,  HBA twist and turn trying to dribble forward again, all the while he has an eternity of time to make that simple pass out.

the move is lost, the attack is lost, the momentum is gone,  that simple 5 yard pass that Cabaye is usually waiting to receive never arrives.

Agree with this, Ben Arfa seems immune from stick from some NUFC fans because he's technically gifted.

Ben Arfa has been one of our better players this season and more often than not is doing what is expected of him getting assists and goals. He has out performed most of our team in every game this season as well, that is why people aren't criticizing him, rather than just because he is "technically gifted". :lol:

It shocks me how you have that stereotype of technically-gifted players not being team players. HBA tries to make things happen and connect our players.