Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

How on earth can you find it in yourself to single out HBA after todays game littlelunchbox? There were at least 8 worse players on the pitch today, if not 9.

Or are you just moaning for the sake of moaning due to the horrible game in general?

i also thought he was s***,  it shocks me how many fans blatently ignore his lack of team play simply because he's technically gifted.

he can have all the gift in the world, if he's not a team player he's just a one man clown show.

a lot of our counter attacks breaks down due to this guy believe it or not.

when on the off chance we get to try a fast break down the right flank, we string one-two passes up the field, when it arrive at HBA's feet he dribbles then stop as he's beginning to be closed down by the opposition,  his team mate is waiting for that pass,  HBA twist and turn trying to dribble forward again, all the while he has an eternity of time to make that simple pass out.

the move is lost, the attack is lost, the momentum is gone,  that simple 5 yard pass that Cabaye is usually waiting to receive never arrives.

Agree with this, Ben Arfa seems immune from stick from some NUFC fans because he's technically gifted.

Total and utter bollocks. And yeah, what Ikon said.

i also thought he was s***,  it shocks me how many fans blatently ignore his lack of team play simply because he's technically gifted.

he can have all the gift in the world, if he's not a team player he's just a one man clown show.

when on the off chance we get to try a fast break down the right flank, we string one-two passes up the field, when it arrive at HBA's feet he dribbles then stop as he's beginning to be closed down by the opposition,  his team mate is waiting for that pass,  HBA twist and turn trying to dribble forward again, all the while he has an eternity of time to make that simple pass out.

the move is lost, the attack is lost, the momentum is gone,  that simple 5 yard pass that Cabaye is usually waiting to receive never arrives. 

It shocks me how you have that stereotype of flair players not being team players.

really? when did i do that?  i said HBA is not a team player,  and you interpret that as " all flair players are not team players " lol

i think thats more of your own view that you're trying to project onto others my friend.  and you're doing it unconvincingly.

How on earth can you find it in yourself to single out HBA after todays game littlelunchbox? There were at least 8 worse players on the pitch today, if not 9.

Or are you just moaning for the sake of moaning due to the horrible game in general?

to be fair i have been very emotional due to the return of that fat fuck gum chewing rhino and having him outwit our witless manager.

and honestly, i have been trying to make sense of why HBA faults are  ignored. 

Guest nufc1892

Gets past first man

gets past second man

gets past third man

gets greedy going past the forth man instead of a simple pas and gets tackled

Think he was decent first half fwiw but went missing second

something Pardew can take a leaf from Brian Clough's coaching

this is what he needs to tell HBA , run around the corner flag boy.

"Now run round the corner flag again without the ball. Tell me, what was easier, running with the ball or without the ball?"

"Without it boss," HBA says.

"Well why don't you pass it on a bloody Sunday then?"

Sorry, what? :lol:

Some straight up crazy talk going on here. Not a team player? He is a flair player yes, so that means there will be times where his tricks don't pay off. However he works his socks off all game and some of his passing is sublime. Only having one or two to aim for in the box full of opposition players is a bigger concern. His impact is stifled by the former but also the fact that the opposition now knows all they have to do to shut us down is mark Hatem out of the game.

He does not deserve stick, the lad in a class player and he has a great work ethic be nice to see others moving and giving him options.

this is the exact thing im talking about, his pure highness king arfa, had numerous chances to release the ball as his french compatriot mr cabaye was at his wings waiting for that god damn forsaken ball, but it never arrived.  time after time.

but oh thats ok, we choose to ignore that.

"Now run round the corner flag again without the ball. Tell me, what was easier, running with the ball or without the ball?"

:lol: mental

Is littlelunchbox Gary Birtles?

He does not deserve stick, the lad in a class player and he has a great work ethic be nice to see others moving and giving him options.

this is the exact thing im talking about, his pure highness king arfa, had numerous chances to release the ball as his french compatriot my cabaye was at his wings waiting for that god damn forsaken ball, but it never arrived.  time after time.

:icon_puke_r:

:lol: mental

Is littlelunchbox Gary Birtles?

:lol: Gary 'GET THE BALL IN THE BOX' Birtles.

What a monumental cunt that man is.

this is the exact thing im talking about, his pure highness king arfa, had numerous chances to release the ball as his french compatriot my cabaye was at his wings waiting for that god damn forsaken ball, but it never arrived.  time after time.

:icon_puke_r:

:lol: Aye rightyo lad

Some straight up crazy talk going on here. Not a team player? He is a flair player yes, so that means there will be times where his tricks don't pay off. However he works his socks off all game and some of his passing is sublime. Only having one or two to aim for in the box full of opposition players is a bigger concern. His impact is stifled by the former but also the fact that the opposition now knows all they have to do to shut us down is mark Hatem out of the game.

hey dont misconstrue what im saying, im not saying he's lazy,  im talking about teamplay as in releasing the ball to a team mate who is free to receive it. 

give and move, pass, and receive, work the ball with your team mates, dont hog it,.  dont be selfish.

he can do all trick twist and turn in that last third, in the penalty box thats nice. thats what he should do.  i have no probs, but that dont excuse his nonsense when he screws up our breaks on the counter.

It shocks me how you have that stereotype of flair players not being team players.

really? when did i do that?  i said HBA is not a team player,  and you interpret that as " all flair players are not team players " lol

i think thats more of your own view that you're trying to project onto others my friend.  and you're doing it unconvincingly.

That is not my view in any way, not by a long shot. And perhaps I was unconvincing because I missed the point on how much you ignore his team play, as the main creator of our team.

Perhaps the HBA I had in mind at the first sight of your statement was a comparison to a Nani-type of player. I'd agree that a player of his type should be signled out for his lack of team play, but HBA is not in anyway his style. He's weighed down assists and good passes over his time here, and I think he's still created more than anyone else this season.

Perhaps it's just easy to judge him for not being a team player today because his passing and dribbles didn't come off. Though throughout the course of the 90, how many more of our players at least tried to play that killer move? Not many, for sure. Our tactics were f***ing dire but at least he tried to pick up the pieces. As said in the Pardew thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Pards is banking on him to be the sole source of attacking creativity for the team.

hey dont misconstrue what im saying, im not saying he's lazy,  im talking about teamplay as in releasing the ball to a team mate who is free to receive it. 

give and move, pass, and receive, work the ball with your team mates, dont hog it,.  dont be selfish.

he can do all trick twist and turn in that last third, in the penalty box thats nice. thats what he should do.  i have no probs, but that dont excuse his nonsense when he screws up our breaks on the counter.

Do you go to the games? Serious question.

yeh lots of them do you?

yeh lots of them do you?

Yes mate, I've been going for many a year. And for the life of me I cant understand your fucked up logic. The one player who ever looks like creating or carrying the ball you choose to single out. At one point today he carried the ball from the half way line to their touchline only to look up to find no one within 20 yards of him (he manged to win a corner).

He tried to force the game in the last ten, which no one can really critise considering how fucking shit we were. There are far bigger probelms than HBA so get a fucking grip.