Football League Show binned?

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Frozen Planet shit / Trollied top quality :lol:

Your missing the point, Frozen Planet is good but they still tried to decieve us, Trollied is a completely different type programme and cant be compared, good try though.

First off, i'm not ignorant but thank you sweetie, and not anywhere did i say that Sky do better documentaries, i said i watch them on Sky, i meant National Geo, Discovery channel etc, now i know some of those are actually made by the BBC but its only a handful.

Don't like to feed the fisherman, but you're coming across as a bit inconsistent in your views and it's only been two pages...

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

...for whatever reason, you have a deep mistrust and/or dislike of the BBC. It seems somewhat irrational, as you're not yet able to convey the reason for this dislike without contradicting yourself or making things up. The fact that you've gotten so hung up about the polar bear footage does little to help your argument (FWIW, Frozen Planet never actually claimed the footage was from the wild but they did admit to not making it explicitly clear - what difference this makes to their documentary, I'm not entirely clear, so I'm puzzled as to why certain sections of the meeja are so hung up on it).

Do you resent the £120~ a year fee? Yet, you presumably have SKY and the assorted goodies that go along with that - surely costs more?

Just because you pointedly choose not to make use of such a brilliant service (across several mediums) doesn't make it poor value or a rubbish service. Stop cutting your nose to spite your face :thup:

Your missing the point, Frozen Planet is good but they still tried to decieve us, Trollied is a completely different type programme and cant be compared, good try though.

Did they? Is this the thing about the polar bear footage?

oui, see above :(

Guest bimpy474

Not just that, they did a few years back with the Blue Planet too.

Right right. 'Deceiving'. :lol:

Like it would be any different in the wild anyway.

Right right. 'Deceiving'. :lol:

Like it would be any different in the wild anyway.

:lol: We wouldn't know, the Beeb are deceiving us with animal park footage!! :lol:

Can't believe that polar bear story even made the news, typical of the anti BBC stuff flowing through some of the tabloids.

How is it deception when the only reason it came to light was because the BBC put an explanation of how it was filmed on their own Frozen Planet website? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Sky have never tried to decieve anyone ever like

They most certainly do i would think, but when i say Sky, i'm not talking just about Sky, when i watch Sky i mean all the other channels that Sky TV show, if i had Virgin i would probably say i prefer Virgin TV, if you get my meaning.

Guest bimpy474

First off, i'm not ignorant but thank you sweetie, and not anywhere did i say that Sky do better documentaries, i said i watch them on Sky, i meant National Geo, Discovery channel etc, now i know some of those are actually made by the BBC but its only a handful.

Don't like to feed the fisherman, but you're coming across as a bit inconsistent in your views and it's only been two pages...

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

...for whatever reason, you have a deep mistrust and/or dislike of the BBC. It seems somewhat irrational, as you're not yet able to convey the reason for this dislike without contradicting yourself or making things up. The fact that you've gotten so hung up about the polar bear footage does little to help your argument (FWIW, Frozen Planet never actually claimed the footage was from the wild but they did admit to not making it explicitly clear - what difference this makes to their documentary, I'm not entirely clear, so I'm puzzled as to why certain sections of the meeja are so hung up on it).

Do you resent the £120~ a year fee? Yet, you presumably have SKY and the assorted goodies that go along with that - surely costs more?

Just because you pointedly choose not to make use of such a brilliant service (across several mediums) doesn't make it poor value or a rubbish service. Stop cutting your nose to spite your face :thup:

Thats called being human, we are all inconsistant, we can like different things for different reasons cant we.

I have made nothing up, if so show me where ? , also i dont distrust the BBC i just think its rubbish, just my opinion like, now obviously they will make the odd good, even excellent programme but most of it is just utter dross.

When i was younger the BBC made brilliant stuff, mainly comedy shoes but still, Porridge, Open all Hours, Only Fools, Yes Minister, what happened to making shows that funny.

Guest bimpy474

The weather man also just points at a green wall too and not an actual screen, the deceptive, lying bastards.

Fuck me! Really?! :kasper:

I'm going to write to my local MP [/bimpy]

I'm on it, if it means i get a discount on me licence fee like :)

Can't believe that polar bear story even made the news, typical of the anti BBC stuff flowing through some of the tabloids.

How is it deception when the only reason it came to light was because the BBC put an explanation of how it was filmed on their own Frozen Planet website? :lol:

I'm no fan of the BBC but I do remember watching the Polar Bear and said at the time that they hadn't filmed that in the wild as it would have been virtually impossible due to the Bear giving birth in 24 hour darkness.

It would have been virtually impossible due to the cameraman being savaged to death.

Fibre optics would have made it possible, finding a Polar Bear under snow in total darkness would have made it virtually impossible.

Guest bimpy474

The fees is a funny thing, its does indeed cost more but i dont mind paying as i watch every football match i can, i also watch lots of films, as well as the Docu's but its my choice to pay it, if i lose my job i will stop paying for it, i dont get that choice with the licence fee do i, thats the argument i'm putting across.

The fees is a funny thing, its does indeed cost more but i dont mind paying as i watch every football match i can, i also watch lots of films, as well as the Docu's but its my choice to pay it, if i lose my job i will stop paying for it, i dont get that choice with the licence fee do i, thats the argument i'm putting across.

Yeah you do, just don't want live broadcast television.

You'll still be able to use iPlayer as Wullie (?) said earlier in the thread.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah you do, just don't want live broadcast television.

You'll still be able to use iPlayer as Wullie (?) said earlier in the thread.

Wullies right but how do i stop everyone in my house turning the telly on, its just not workable, the rules as you say on live TV, that doesn't mean Live broadcast, that means as they are shown at the time, like say Eastenders, if you watch it at the time shown you have to pay the fee.

So if anyone in my place turns the TV on to any channel then i'm fecked, the Fee rules really are only workable to TV less people, its for computers users, abroad or students maybe ?

Guest bimpy474

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/understanding-your-tv-licence-top3/

"You need a valid TV Licence if you use TV receiving equipment to watch or record television programmes as they’re being shown on TV. ‘TV receiving equipment’ means any equipment which is used to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV. This includes a TV, computer, mobile phone, games console, digital box, DVD/VHS recorder or any other device."

This from the Licensing website, to me there is no leeway in that.