Football League Show binned?

Dave

Very disappointed in the BBC for this. I'm an advocate of the BBC and the licence fee but this is exactly the type of thing it should be paying for.

It's not really their decision tbf. They get rid of what people want the least. Its bloody expensive to compete against Sky, the bestest broadcaster in the world. Just give everything to them. Football is expensive so we'd better get over it. Sky can fund clubs. It doesn't matter how much of a cunt the whole corporation is. We want this money in football and in life in general and Sky can perpetuate that!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/650000/images/_654874_loadsamoney150.jpg

LOADSA MONEY!!

Very disappointed in the BBC for this. I'm an advocate of the BBC and the licence fee but this is exactly the type of thing it should be paying for.

I'm not, i only watch MOTD, why should i pay the whole fee for just one programme ?

You don't ever use BBC Online or listen to BBC Radio?

It's one of, if not the, world's best broadcasters and that is largely due to the way it is funded. Having said that, most countries operate a TV licence system and don't have anything near as good as the BBC. I really don't know why people complain about it, especially in 2011 when if you really don't want one, it's so easy to get round it - you can watch pretty much everything on the BBC, and the other terrestrial channels, (other than MOTD due to rights issues) without even needing a TV licence, and all legally.

The BBC have probably dropped out due to the new contract deal that the Football League have with Sky, which already lets them show all the goals before the FLS is even aired.

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

It is not one the world best broadcasters, imo its one of the worst, its run by people who have no interest in what we the taxpayers want and would like to actually see, it gives so called stars millions of pounds of our money without our consent, knowledge or input, that is outrageous seeing as virtually everyone has to pay toward it.

Bit of a contradiction in terms there.

The way I see it is if it wasn't for the BBC, what would be the next best option?

ITV- commercially orientated crap

Sky- Murdoch dominated commercially orientated crap (although sports coverage is quite good)

Tabloid arseholes like the Mail or the Sun- well the last few months have shown what they're like.

They might not be perfect but they have a far better record of making quality programming than anyone else. Do you think Frozen Planet, The Thick of It, The World at War would have been made on any other network?

ITV made The World at War, though I agree with you.

You're right, I was thinking of 'The Great War'. I'm sure I've seen The World at War on BBC2 though.

I think it's only if you spend an extended period of time abroad that you realise how respected and valued the BBC is.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not, i only watch MOTD, why should i pay the whole fee for just one programme ?

It's one of, if not the, world's best broadcasters and that is largely due to the way it is funded. Having said that, most countries operate a TV licence system and don't have anything near as good as the BBC. I really don't know why people complain about it, especially in 2011 when if you really don't want one, it's so easy to get round it - you can watch pretty much everything on the BBC, and the other terrestrial channels, (other than MOTD due to rights issues) without even needing a TV licence, and all legally.

The BBC have probably dropped out due to the new contract deal that the Football League have with Sky, which already lets them show all the goals before the FLS is even aired.

No i dont, like i said i only watch MOTD, i watch sport and documentaries and Sky are far superior to the BBC for those, and i never listen to the radio and if i do its never anything BBC related.

It is not one the world best broadcasters, imo its one of the worst, its run by people who have no interest in what we the taxpayers want and would like to actually see, it gives so called stars millions of pounds of our money without our consent, knowledge or input, that is outrageous seeing as virtually everyone has to pay toward it.

What's this based on?

By the admission of the Director General the BBC have had left leaning bias for the last 30 or so years, did you, i or anyone else have any say in that, and in regard to what programmes they produce and show have you ever been asked or ever seen anywhere the opportunity to comment before those shows are made ?.

So i base this on the fact we aren't asked, i pay my fee and get no say whatsoever.

Guest bimpy474

The BBC has made some of the greatest telly ever imo.

Not many great programmes have been made on Sky.

Sky is only good for the sports tbf, and the programmes they now have under it's banner like Gold etc.

Tbf to Sky they have only just started to make their own programmes, two comedies of which i thought were top quailty (Spy and Trollied), also doing documentaries as well now i think i read the other day.

:dowie:

Wow, I can't believe how ignorant some people are - you genuinely feel that Sky do better documentaries than the Beeb?

EDIT: Oh, wait. You've just admitted that you've not even seen any of these so-called 'better documentaries' :lol: :lol:

Tbf to Sky they have only just started to make their own programmes, two comedies of which i thought were top quailty (Spy and Trollied), also doing documentaries as well now i think i read the other day.

Your complain about stars being overpaid and the license fee payers not having much of a say is interesting...seeing as how the BBC have actively responded to those criticisms and reduced the fees paid to the 'top stars' (i.e. Moyles, Ross, etc.) and they've got the BBC Trust who go out to seek the very opinions that you claim the BBC don't listen to.

They were accused of being too "london-centric" - cue a somewhat expensive (in the short-term) relocation to Salford Quays Media City.

Guest bimpy474

Bit of a contradiction in terms there.

The way I see it is if it wasn't for the BBC, what would be the next best option? - let them advertise and part pay their own way, then half the licence fee for everyone else.

ITV- commercially orientated crap - they are totally agree.

Sky- Murdoch dominated commercially orientated crap (although sports coverage is quite good) - Murdoch isnt Dr Evil, the paranoia about him is embarrasing, dont like what he is involved with then dont watch.

Tabloid arseholes like the Mail or the Sun- well the last few months have shown what they're like. - Completely irrelevent and nothing to do the BBC, dont read them its that simple, i dont.

They might not be perfect but they have a far better record of making quality programming than anyone else. Do you think Frozen Planet, The Thick of It, The World at War would have been made on any other network?

Frozen Planet, oh yes the programme that lied to us......and The Thick of It i give is good, but thats the only programme i can remember in the last 10 years that is anything near worth watching, The World at War is ITV i think.

Guest bimpy474

:dowie:

Wow, I can't believe how ignorant some people are - you genuinely feel that Sky do better documentaries than the Beeb?

EDIT: Oh, wait. You've just admitted that you've not even seen any of these so-called 'better documentaries' :lol: :lol:

Your complain about stars being overpaid and the license fee payers not having much of a say is interesting...seeing as how the BBC have actively responded to those criticisms and reduced the fees paid to the 'top stars' (i.e. Moyles, Ross, etc.) and they've got the BBC Trust who go out to seek the very opinions that you claim the BBC don't listen to.

They were accused of being too "london-centric" - cue a somewhat expensive (in the short-term) relocation to Salford Quays Media City.

First off, i'm not ignorant but thank you sweetie, and not anywhere did i say that Sky do better documentaries, i said i watch them on Sky, i meant National Geo, Discovery channel etc, now i know some of those are actually made by the BBC but its only a handful.

The reason the BBC are reducing cost have nothing to do with listening to us, its to do with not getting the rise in the Licence fee they wanted and are having to cut cost to compensate.

Sky is only good for the sports tbf, and the programmes they now have under it's banner like Gold etc.

Aye Spy was canny tbf.

the BBC has the best factual programming on the planet tbh. it's classy, intelligent and well made, whereas the loud, cheap shite you get imported from the US on the discovery channel or whatever they're calling it these days is made by and for idiots. sky documentaries are turd.

Guest bimpy474

Aye Spy was canny tbf.

I loved it, very good casting i thought, casting does tend to make or break a show, i know the writing has to be good by the actors are vital too.

Guest bimpy474

the BBC has the best factual programming on the planet tbh. it's classy, intelligent and well made, whereas the loud, cheap shite you get imported from the US on the discovery channel or whatever they're calling it these days is made by and for idiots. sky documentaries are turd.

Of course some are turd, just like some things on all TV channels, but Air Crash Investigations, Seconds from Disaster, Wreck Detectives, Battlefield Detectives to name a few are brilliant and certainly not made for idiots as you put it.

The BBC using footage from a zoo and passing it off as from the wild, now that is taking us for idiots.

Of course some are turd, just like some things on all TV channels, but Air Crash Investigations, Seconds from Disaster, Wreck Detectives, Battlefield Detectives to name a few are brilliant and certainly not made for idiots as you put it.

The BBC using footage from a zoo and passing it off as from the wild, now that is taking us for idiots.

wrong. they're shows for bored thickos. sorry to break it to you.

mind, you're right about one thing, the thick of it was a great documentary  :iamatwat:

Guest bimpy474

wrong. they're shows for bored thickos. sorry to break it to you.

mind, you're right about one thing, the thick of it was a great documentary  :iamatwat:

Bored Thicko's ? , well fair enough Einstein like :D