Football League Show binned?

Dave

Do you resent the £120~ a year fee? Yet, you presumably have SKY and the assorted goodies that go along with that - surely costs more?

The fees is a funny thing, its does indeed cost more but i dont mind paying as i watch every football match i can, i also watch lots of films, as well as the Docu's but its my choice to pay it, if i lose my job i will stop paying for it, i dont get that choice with the licence fee do i, thats the argument i'm putting across.

Yeah you do, just don't want live broadcast television.

You'll still be able to use iPlayer as Wullie (?) said earlier in the thread.

Wullies right but how do i stop everyone in my house turning the telly on, its just not workable, the rules as you say on live TV, that doesn't mean Live broadcast, that means as they are shown at the time, like say Eastenders, if you watch it at the time shown you have to pay the fee.

So if anyone in my place turns the TV on to any channel then i'm fecked, the Fee rules really are only workable to TV less people, its for computers users, abroad or students maybe ?

If other people in your house tune in (via PC or TV) to watch live television then get them to pay for the license. If other people are those under your care (i.e. kid or elderly) then you need to speak to them and explain what they can or can't do.

You're being very deliberate about this...

Guest bimpy474

Do you resent the £120~ a year fee? Yet, you presumably have SKY and the assorted goodies that go along with that - surely costs more?

The fees is a funny thing, its does indeed cost more but i dont mind paying as i watch every football match i can, i also watch lots of films, as well as the Docu's but its my choice to pay it, if i lose my job i will stop paying for it, i dont get that choice with the licence fee do i, thats the argument i'm putting across.

Wullies right but how do i stop everyone in my house turning the telly on, its just not workable, the rules as you say on live TV, that doesn't mean Live broadcast, that means as they are shown at the time, like say Eastenders, if you watch it at the time shown you have to pay the fee.

So if anyone in my place turns the TV on to any channel then i'm fecked, the Fee rules really are only workable to TV less people, its for computers users, abroad or students maybe ?

If other people in your house tune in (via PC or TV) to watch live television then get them to pay for the license. If other people are those under your care (i.e. kid or elderly) then you need to speak to them and explain what they can or can't do.

Eh ? its not very practical to tell my two young uns that they cant watch telly is it ?,  even if i only ever watch SSN on my telly i have to get a TV licence, even if i never ever turn on any BBC channel on, thems the rules, actually bought a TV in Argos two months ago, they wouldn't sell it to me unless i gave them my name and address, TV licence is in the Mrs Bimpy's name, i got a letter a few weeks later telling to buy a licence, bit daft that like.

Guest neesy111

Eh ? its not very practical to tell my two young uns that they cant watch telly is it ?,  even if i only ever watch SSN on my telly i have to get a TV licence, even if i never ever turn on any BBC channel on, thems the rules, actually bought a TV in Argos two months ago, they wouldn't sell it to me unless i gave them my name and address, TV licence is in the Mrs Bimpy's name, i got a letter a few weeks later telling to buy a licence, bit daft that like.

Eh?

I've bought plenty of TV's and never ever been asked about License or anything.

Guest bimpy474

Eh?

I've bought plenty of TV's and never ever been asked about License or anything.

I reserved it, went to pick it up and was asked for my details, i said why and they just said it was a legal requirement, a few weeks later i got a letter from the TV licensing thingy telling me i wasn't registered with a licence and to remember to buy one, obviously my address did but their records didn't cross check that.

Funny thing if i had paid in the quick pay machine i wouldn't have had to give any details.

I'm actually being serious, they do. :lol:

I've bought three TV's in the last few years and they have asked for my address each time to check with the TV Licensing people.

If that's the case and he's so hacked off with having to provide his data, can he not buy his TV from somewhere else?

Guest bimpy474

I've bought three TV's in the last few years and they have asked for my address each time to check with the TV Licensing people.

If that's the case and he's so hacked off with having to provide his data, can he not buy his TV from somewhere else?

Not actually bothered by that Stu, my point was they are now monitoring you buying a TV, checking whether you have licence, a bit big brother like but it didn't bother me, it was the fact we have a TV licence and even if i took it with me, Argos would still not have sold me the TV unless i gave them my details, apparently it could have been for someone else, i guess i was to pass the letter from the TV licensing people on, its just a bit nosey like.

As it's been said they don't even need studios etc for either MOTD of the football league show. Just give us the highlights, and lets not just get 20 minutes of Man Utd wank fests, lets show an even spread.

Why don't they bother just getting rid of KO and maybe FT from their schedule?

They have already sold out on F1, for some reason they will never give Wimbledon up and the same could be said for the Olympics.

A perfect chance here for channel 5 or 4 to up their offerings especially if they go for the rights of the Premiership highlights as well.

On January 2, when 35 Football League matches take place, the corporation will screen 1991 film Point Break with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze after the Premier League highlights programme on BBC One.

There will be no The Football League Show on New Year’s Eve and the programme will not return until a Carling Cup special on January 10 followed by a regular Saturday night round-up on January 14.

Not actually bothered by that Stu, my point was they are now monitoring you buying a TV, checking whether you have licence, a bit big brother like but it didn't bother me, it was the fact we have a TV licence and even if i took it with me, Argos would still not have sold me the TV unless i gave them my details, apparently it could have been for someone else, i guess i was to pass the letter from the TV licensing people on, its just a bit nosey like.

It has been law since 2006 iirc.

On January 2, when 35 Football League matches take place, the corporation will screen 1991 film Point Break with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze after the Premier League highlights programme on BBC One.

There will be no The Football League Show on New Year’s Eve and the programme will not return until a Carling Cup special on January 10 followed by a regular Saturday night round-up on January 14.

Xmas / NY holiday ahoy. honestly man! I love the BBC and it's one of the best institutions going but that's embarassing as is the lack of prior warning.