The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Absolutely ridiculous red card for Huth. The FA need to get a grip of their tackling rules.

Pisses me off even more that it's Martin Atkinson. Fucking mug.

Its annoying as 'tackling' is the one thing the British are 'good' at, and yet it's own FA seemingly want to do away with it in favour for interceptions.

Apparantly if you go abroad, they regard British refereeing as the very best. Bit of a joke tbh, as the standard in this country is absolutely abysmal.

Apparently to who? Think European refereeing and any I've seen in WC football is worse than anything I've seen in this country.

Just something I read online. FIFA giving the World Cup Final to Webb backed that up, although he did a fine job of ending that myth. Pretty much every game over here revolves around a bad decisioin now, especially this season. In some cases their hands are tied by the laws of the game, but many calls - like the Luiz/Ba one - are all wrong.

I think our system is wrong and we lack consistency, but in general our refs aren't as bad as those buying dives, stopping the game and letting things get out of control. We have foreign refs here and we'd have more sending offs than goals per game.

Our problems would be solved with goal line tech and a 4th official watching replays, were not that far off from getting it sorted IMO, just FIFA as usual dragging their heels ruining the game.

Pisses you off mind when it's against you, naturally of course and media like to make a massive thing out of ref decisions, making them as important as the game/goals/play.

As a standard, across the board as someone has already said, refs are poor everywhere, though I wouldn't say ours stand out worse than anyone else, well at least since urine rennie was taken off the premiership rota.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/509976818.jpg?Expires=1328372754&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=NaT8LfhJP81a4RjckfgW8H6ffUqn8D1L3c8fQifFt0RPkqOjDdkSeQJctw4CkOfLT9MXKZsVfjs1oHrSqXZ-zoveDLbtv8L~pf2I3eSw5e5PBD~scBX80WSZnXjXCEo~6l-bzCbdZXGx5ZBCD4hWn5nR2hDA4lzKHaiBjQ2BvdU_

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Stoke's players are making most of the conditions with some everlasting sliding tackles.

solcampbelltackling.gif