The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Should be playing for the Toon...

Instead of who? ???

Instead of Sunderland. Supports Newcastle, lives 8 minutes down the road from the Newcastle training ground!

I got that bit. :lol:

I meant which one of Cabaye or Tiote would you like to see dropped to make way for him to play?

Both of them! Though I see your point.

Genuinely wonder what he must feel playing for a team he's been raised to hate.

He used it as banter at school, sometimes came in with his Sunderland shirt on just to wind up his mates. A canny lad, always went to the Newcastle matches though.

i knew a couple of lads came through newcastle schools, mad newcastle fans who went to play for them as they offered contracts. saw one young'un on the metro within the last year having the micytaken for his mackem tracksuit replied "I only play for them, I don't support them" and showed off his newcastle season ticket from his wallet.

Should be playing for the Toon...

Instead of who? ???

Instead of Sunderland. Supports Newcastle, lives 8 minutes down the road from the Newcastle training ground!

I got that bit. :lol:

I meant which one of Cabaye or Tiote would you like to see dropped to make way for him to play?

Though he wasn't afraid of tracking back and making a tackle he was more of a player to bring the ball forward. More of a Cabaye than a Tiote, not that I'm saying I would have him ahead of either of them.

Genuinely wonder what he must feel playing for a team he's been raised to hate.

He used it as banter at school, sometimes came in with his Sunderland shirt on just to wind up his mates. A canny lad, always went to the Newcastle matches though.

i knew a couple of lads came through newcastle schools, mad newcastle fans who went to play for them as they offered contracts. saw one young'un on the metro within the last year having the micytaken for his mackem tracksuit replied "I only play for them, I don't support them" and showed off his newcastle season ticket from his wallet.

Aye like I said Sunderland for a while now have been the ones who come to the schools and train the kids and have a look to see if any of them have any potential. Newcastle just don't seem to do it. I would say that more people get a chance at Sunderland and the non contract offers later on in life are pretty higher than other clubs but they are the ones who come out and give the kids a chance.

Guest johnson293

Love hOw much boro hate the mackems :lol:

In fairness I think Burra hate us just as much (on past experience).

They have chips on both shoulders, one for each of NUFC and 5under1and!

Boro are funny because I regard them as just a small club who for so long have been overachieving. I don't like their fans because of the violence they bring with them too games and the fact that our games with them are only a derby if they get a result. To me it's not a derby.