The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Lovely stuff from Atlético yesterday, Simeone really has brought the belief back to that side, probably the only thing they needed (their squad is possibly the best they have had in ages).

A Spanish commentator on Stoke "it's the least talented side I have ever commented on, and I used to work in regional (our conference)".

Bet a tenner on city to win @ 10/1 at half time. :D

I mocked Ray for telling me to "have a bang on that" at half time. But he's the one laughing, with his massive fucking head that appears in random venues for no apparent reason other than to tell you it's all about the in-play.

A Spanish commentator on Stoke "it's the least talented side I have ever commented on, and I used to work in regional (our conference)".

Obviously wasn't commentating on Spanish football in the 80's when the league was full of talentless thugs like Andoni Goikoetxea. I'd love to show a modern Barca bandwagoner one of their games from back then and watch them wince.

Guest neesy111

Obviously wasn't commentating on Spanish football in the 80's when the league was full of talentless thugs like Andoni Goikoetxea. I'd love to show a modern Barca bandwagoner one of their games from back then and watch them wince.

The reason why Maradona left barca.

Eh? If you are talking about me I have been watching Barça play since it was cool to wear 6 feet wide shoulderpads. And we certainly were better than Stoke. Heck, I think we played some excellent football under Venables for example, even if certainly different than Cruyff's brand. At the time English clubs were the most successful in Europe and La Liga tried to imitate that style... Real Sociedad and Athletic Club were - by tradition - the closest clubs to English football and they were very successful in the 80s.

Anyway that Athletic Club side was much more than Goikoetxea and his tackles. Dani, Urtubi and particularly Sarabia were all excellent footballers.

The reason why Maradona left barca.

Not really, he left due to disagreements with the president (same guy that would sell Ronaldo 10 years later).

What does he say about Guardiola?

Still reckon if he could have been an absolute animal at Barca if his attitude had been right.

This bit is a particular highlight:

I was no longer part of the team, and when we played Villarreal he let me play five minutes. Five

minutes! I was boiling inside, not because I was on the bench. I can deal with that if the coach is man

enough to say: You're not good enough, Zlatan.

But Guardiola didn't say a single word, nothing, and at this point I'd had it. I could feel it in my entire body,

and if I was Guardiola, I would have been scared. Not that I'm a fighter. I've done all kinds of crazy shit.

But I don't fight, well, on the pitch I've knocked one or two out. But still, when I get angry, my eyes turn

black. You don't want to be anywhere near. And let me te ll you in detail what happened. After the game I

went into the dressing room, I hadn't exactly planned some raging attack… But I wasn't happy, to use

mild words, and in the dressing room my enemy stood, scratching his bald head. Few others were in

there. Touré and a few others, and the big metal box where we put our clothes, and I was staring at the

box. Then I kicked it. I think it flew like three meters, but I wasn't done yet. Far from it. I yelled: 

"You have no balls", and probably some worse things, and  added:

"You shit yourself in front of Mourinho. You can go fuck yourself!" 

I went insane, and maybe you'd expect Guardiola to say something, maybe: Calm down, you don't talk

like that to your coach! But he's not like that. He's a weak coward. He just pick ed up the box, like a little

cleaner, and then he left and never talked about it again, nothing at all.

:lol: