The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Barca have lost width and directness in some kind of puritanical desire for everyone to be a passing midfielder, only Alves really breaks from the mould. As such think they're easier to defend really, it's not as convincing as the team last year, is it the shoehorning in of fabergas into the squad?

Am I alone in not minding italian teams being cynical fuckers, it seems there raison d'etre...know bit of national characturing there but I find it oddly appealing in a way

:thup: they're no more cynical than many other teams are most of the time tbf either.

Am I alone in not minding italian teams being cynical fuckers, it seems there raison d'etre...know bit of national characturing there but I find it oddly appealing in a way

Any team coming up against Barcelona has to be cynical, tbh.

If we, in some strange alternate universe, were to come up against Barca, I'd expect us to do everything possible to stop them from playing their game. It ain't nice, but it's football.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we, in some strange alternate universe, were to come up against Barca, I'd expect us to do everything possible to stop them from playing their game. It ain't nice, but it's football.

It would be cheating if we played Shola again, tbh.

I personally dont think thats a pen if thats a pen then Milan will get one in the second half because it will happen at one of the corners  :lol:

Inclined to agree. It's a big problem that referees are in a position where they can exercise so much influence on a match. You can't say it's a wrong decision by the rules of the game, but there is no consistency at all in how that rule is applied.

It would be cheating if we played Shola again, tbh.

He's destroyed them before, he'll destroy them again.

Never two pens in that game. Give the 2nd one, if you didn't gave the first one (and vice-versa).

To give both, in a CL quarter final, with both teams having a chance to go through is a stupid decision.

I personally dont think thats a pen if thats a pen then Milan will get one in the second half because it will happen at one of the corners  :lol:

Inclined to agree. It's a big problem that referees are in a position where they can exercise so much influence on a match. You can't say it's a wrong decision by the rules of the game, but there is no consistency at all in how that rule is applied.

Yh i agree, dont envy their job at all.

bingo, either its called all the time or its not called at all because the current out of thin air call of it is just bloody daft and a more cynical being would say its looking for one to help out Barca in this case

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Never two pens in that game. Give the 2nd one, if you didn't gave the first one (and vice-versa).

To give both, in a CL quarter final, with both teams having a chance to go through is a stupid decision.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_5016_1328288257.png