NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Taiwo happends to be a well known name for some time. Went on a free? to Milan. Bet he's on high wages.

I doubt milan will pay him more than they needed to, prestige of Milan should have been enough.

I think it'll be more than we would pay, he was on a free, teams will have thrown mental money at him.

Taiwo happends to be a well known name for some time. Went on a free? to Milan. Bet he's on high wages.

I doubt milan will pay him more than they needed to, prestige of Milan should have been enough.

Modern day football doesn't work like that.

Modern day football doesn't work like that.

I get that... Im not suggesting he is on peanuts and they pay him on prestige.

Guest Heneage

Taiwo will probs be on £50k pw...that is like minimum Milan pay to players...they have squad players on £60/70kpw so id say he'd need to take a pay cut...

Primavera on 50k pw? No wonder you couldn't afford Tevez ;)

Taiwo will probs be on £50k pw...that is like minimum Milan pay to players...they have squad players on £60/70kpw so id say he'd need to take a pay cut...

Newcastle still have squad players on £60/£70kpw :wat:, not for fucking long though: :morph:

Guest magpie99

On the subject of Rhys Williams, I live in Oz and a close friend is a rabid Boro supporter who rates Williams extremely highly. He has recently broke into the Australian National team at right back although he is more than capable in the centre of defence and midfield. He is not classified as a regular in the starting line up espedcially with Luke Wilkshire ahead of him but he is a no panic player, quite quick, tall, good in the air and a very good passer and crosser of the ball.

I would say that if we signed him, he has the ability to more than replace Simpson bdcause he is a better all round defender and gets forward much better. His delivery from the flank is very good and being so adaptable, he can play anywhere along the backline and midfield too.

However, his best position is RB and if we signed him, he would replace Simpson in no time. On a side note, his younger brother has just broken into the senior team at Portsmouth and is rated a better prospect than Rhys. 

On the subject of Rhys Williams, I live in Oz and a close friend is a rabid Boro supporter who rates Williams extremely highly. He has recently broke into the Australian National team at right back although he is more than capable in the centre of defence and midfield. He is not classified as a regular in the starting line up espedcially with Luke Wilkshire ahead of him but he is a no panic player, quite quick, tall, good in the air and a very good passer and crosser of the ball.

I would say that if we signed him, he has the ability to more than replace Simpson bdcause he is a better all round defender and gets forward much better. His delivery from the flank is very good and being so adaptable, he can play anywhere along the backline and midfield too.

However, his best position is RB and if we signed him, he would replace Simpson in no time. On a side note, his younger brother has just broken into the senior team at Portsmouth and is rated a better prospect than Rhys. 

His best position isnt right back, its actually defnsive midfield. However hes developing into more of a centre back under Mowbray.

Guest magpie99

I was impressed with him recently when he played right back for Australia recently in a couple of internationals. I think he will end up being the long term replacement in the national team for Wilkshire. He seems to be his understudy at present.

However, it is a good thing to have a player so adaptable, he is able to play several positions capably.

By the way, Aussie. Where in Oz are you?

I am in Melbourne, down on the Mornington Peninsula

Rhys Williams would be a slight improvement on James Perch but I wouldn't want him playing any other role.

He would be a great player to have as cover, however as he is still developing its best we don't get him as he would need first team football to grow into his potential.

Primavera on 50k pw? No wonder you couldn't afford Tevez ;)

Im pretty sure alot of squad veterans liek Gattuso and Ambrosini are on £80kpw, and thats after tax so technically its even more...think im also right in thinking Milan have the highest wage bill in the world?

I was impressed with him recently when he played right back for Australia recently in a couple of internationals. I think he will end up being the long term replacement in the national team for Wilkshire. He seems to be his understudy at present.

However, it is a good thing to have a player so adaptable, he is able to play several positions capably.

By the way, Aussie. Where in Oz are you?

I am in Melbourne, down on the Mornington Peninsula

In Perth mate, I actually used to play against Chris Herd and Rhys Williams when I was a youngster.

Seems like exactly the sort of player we would normally target. Cheap due to contract situation, young, lots of potential etc..

Would be silly not to try imo, It's a no lose situation unless he wants stupid wages which I cant see.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Just read some reports about us trying to beat Porto's 15 million euros bid for Basel's wing Shaqiri: does it make sense?

Guest Roger Kint

Just read some reports about us trying to beat Porto's 15 million euros bid for Basel's wing Shaqiri: does it make sense?

No

Guest guinness_fiend

No

To be fair, he looked good in both games against Man Utd but the price seems steep.

Guest Roger Kint

No

To be fair, he looked good in both games against Man Utd but the price seems steep.

What he looks like is irellevant tbh. No hope in hell of us being anywhere near him.