NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

10m too difficult to turn down for one of the best goalkeepers in the country and someone who just signed a new 5 year contract.

What are they smoking :lol: unfortunatly theres going to be loads of idiots around the country that will actually believe this crap.

Can't believe that two of them have actually ran with this.

Does anyone know anything about Adam Maher? What sort of midfielder is he?

Favourite colour: green

Favourite number: 37

Favourite food: thomas the tank engine spaghetti shapes and chicken dippers

Favourite animal: deer

Favourite book:  wheres wally - bumper edition

other than that, and that he once went crying home to his mam aged 6 after an older lad nicked his conkers, I know nothing.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Jenas had a lot of potential as a 19 year old, particularly during that patch when he scored 6 or 7 goals.  Lua Lua I can''t defend. :lol:

Surely a character like Simpson would benefit more from something along the lines of "Danny's been a consistent player for us since I arrived.  Like anyone else in the squad though he needs to continue improving and earn his place.  Especially given that we've 4 players competing for the full back spots at the minute and we're on an upward trajectory as a club, therefore we're always looking at bringing in new players".

He needs a kick up the arse if anything, the quotes from Pardew just reinforce the idea that he'll be in the side no matter what and ignore some poor performances.  There's no chance of Simpson getting dropped and Simpson knows it.

Jenas had a heart the size of a pea when he played for us, he let Gary Speed do all the work.

We're reportedly in for Gronigen defender Virgil Van Dijk and are set to meet with his agent in the next couple of months.

Full back or Centre back? cant say i have a clue who he is tbh.

Centre back, only 20 years old. Other than that I know next to nothing about him.

Link http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/173261_newcastle-united-wil-zich-versterken-met-van-dijk?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elfvoetbal-eredivisie+%28ElfVoetbal.nl+-+Eredivisie%29

We're reportedly in for Gronigen defender Virgil Van Dijk and are set to meet with his agent in the next couple of months.

I think we were linked with him a few months ago. 19/20 year old CB iirc.

EDIT: QBG :thup:

Centre back, only 20 years old. Other than that I know next to nothing about him.

Link http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/173261_newcastle-united-wil-zich-versterken-met-van-dijk?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elfvoetbal-eredivisie+%28ElfVoetbal.nl+-+Eredivisie%29

Class name, sign him up.

The original source for this, RTV Noord, is fairly reputable (if they did indeed report it) and they claim they've spoken to FC Groningen's chairman. Interesting!

Guest Roland

van Dijk, for sure talented but only played 20 senior games for Groningen and just extended his contract until 2015. Would be suprised if an English club will pay a large transfer fee for him

On this week's 4-hour World Football Phone In (wooohoo) they mentioned this class player at Groningen, cant remember his name. Also spoke about Corgnet and how we're becoming a more attractive option than Arsenal to french-based players.

The original source for this, RTV Noord, is fairly reputable (if they did indeed report it) and they claim they've spoken to FC Groningen's chairman. Interesting!

Thanks for the more accurate translation :thup:

On this week's 4-hour World Football Phone In (wooohoo) they mentioned this class player at Groningen, cant remember his name. Also spoke about Corgnet and how we're becoming a more attractive option than Arsenal to french-based players.

Interesting, probably because they are moving on to the germans lol.

Probably Texeira

Probably Texeira

Tadic would be my guess.

It's good if we can start getting a reputation around europe as a decent club for young, promising players to move to.  Fair enough, we might not keep them for too long but we'll get a few good seasons out of them, keep us ticking over financially and hopefully allow us to progress and push on.