NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7773221/

Sky Sports understands Newcastle, Bolton and Celtic are all chasing highly-rated Hartlepool youngster Luke James.

Midfielder James has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign with the Pools in League One this season, notching up 19 appearances after making his senior debut off the bench against Colchester in December.

The 17-year-old's antics have not gone unnoticed, with several top clubs thought to have their eye on the youngster, who has also scored three goals this term.

Premier League high-fliers Newcastle and relegated Bolton, as well as Scottish Premier League giants Celtic, are believed to be leading the hunt for James, who came through the youth ranks at Victoria Park before penning his first professional deal last November.

Hartlepool face a fight to keep hold of the teenager, with Newcastle thought to have already made a bid for him.

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Nicollin also confirms #mhsc star cb Yanga-Mbiwa has his ticket to leave but hopes he'll stay another season

Oh, and the EPL club most linked to Yanga-Mbiwa over here is Spurs #thfc #ligue1 #mhsc

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7773221/

Sky Sports understands Newcastle, Bolton and Celtic are all chasing highly-rated Hartlepool youngster Luke James.

Midfielder James has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign with the Pools in League One this season, notching up 19 appearances after making his senior debut off the bench against Colchester in December.

The 17-year-old's antics have not gone unnoticed, with several top clubs thought to have their eye on the youngster, who has also scored three goals this term.

Premier League high-fliers Newcastle and relegated Bolton, as well as Scottish Premier League giants Celtic, are believed to be leading the hunt for James, who came through the youth ranks at Victoria Park before penning his first professional deal last November.

Hartlepool face a fight to keep hold of the teenager, with Newcastle thought to have already made a bid for him.

:thup:

Saw him a few times last season, promising. His attitude is fantastic.

Guest Phil K

I'd never heard of Mbiwa (don't play Football Manager) - but on checking, very impressed. Looks the part.

Guest guinness_fiend

Nothing major will happen anyways until after the Euros.

I'm not sure of that.  It's a difficult one for clubs (and players).

If players have poor tournaments, their value (and wage packets) may decrease.

If players have good tournaments, clubs will get shafted.

Nothing major will happen anyways until after the Euros.

We don't know that.  Pards will lie to the media if that's what it takes to get the players he wants.  Cisse came out of nowhere. The media didn't know dick about his transfer before he was observed in Newcastle.

Nicollin also confirms #mhsc star cb Yanga-Mbiwa has his ticket to leave but hopes he'll stay another season

Oh, and the EPL club most linked to Yanga-Mbiwa over here is Spurs #thfc #ligue1 #mhsc

Spurs can fuck off. Rather they sign Vertonghen.

Guest reefatoon

Spurs can f*** off. Rather they sign Vertonghen.

You can just imagine "Dogs Favourite chew face" trying his hardest to anticipate what we are going to do in the transfer market.  Trying to sign whoever we are linked with

I'd imagine, just based on the last few years worth of transfer activity, that there'll be arrivals before the Euro's.

Also, educated guess, that we'll be unlikely to sign many of those whom the press link us to. It'll be Cabaye/Cisse-esque for the most part imho.

Honestly don't think Martinez would survive very long there. Too much delusion, unrealistic expectations etc..One bad run and the supporters would be on his back and after that it gets very tricky as Hodgson found out.

Linked with Twente's RB Rosales again ( more so his agent has linked him to us) i personally do believe Debuchy is our first choice but it makes sense to identify several players at once in case your prime targets don't come off.

Which is what i expect we are doing with all the positions we are interested in strengthening.

Linked with Twente's RB Rosales again ( more so his agent has linked him to us) i personally do believe Debuchy is our first choice but it makes sense to identify several players at once in case your prime targets don't come off.

Which is what i expect we are doing with all the positions we are interested in strengthening.

I'm sure they have said on several occasions that they scout loads of potential targets and try and pick off the best ones. For example, i'm certain that Mariappa was way down the list and that's why we decided not to put any real effort to get him in january.

I assume that players like Mariappa are no longer on the radar and that we will be back onto first choice targets.

i.e it would make total sense for us to be looking at more than one right back.