NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Being linked with PSG Defender Mamadou Sakho, he looks a canny player. Must be backup in case the Douglas deal falls through.

Need to feast on moar rumours tho..

/ever begins.

Being linked with PSG Defender Mamadou Sakho, he looks a canny player. Must be backup in case the Douglas deal falls through.

Need to feast on moar rumours tho..

I'd be over the moon if we signed Sakho. He's a lot like Ben Arfa and Santon in the respect that he's a former wonder kid that's out of favour at a big club. His value now is probably as low as it will ever be. If we signed him and get him playing to his potential in the premier league his value would triple.

Guest bimpy474

Bored shitless, wish we'd sign somebody.

That idiot on twitter has just gone Debbbbbbbbbbbbbbucccccchyyy, should take away the boredom for a while and replace it with anger or pity.

It's times like this that I miss the Freddy Shepard regime. No doubt if he was here right now he would be publicly announcing our intent of signing an over the hill player such as Kaka for an astronomical fee in an attempt to make a challenge for the premier league title. Only for it to blow up in his face Michael Owen style and riddle us in even more debt. Their was never a dull moment but we have to appreciate that our club is being run properly now, However boring that may be. 

This Sakho link came from a stupid article from ladbrokes didn't it?? Nothing in it IMO.

He's a french international, only 22 years old, was valued at about 15 million euros a season ago and has become unsettled at the mega rich club.

I would asume he will be available at a rock bottom price giving the fact he wants to leave and PSG want to sell. Wether the source of the transfer rumour is ladbroakes or even tribalfooty, i can't

see how we wouldn't be looking at him. He ticks just about every single box Ashley and lambias look for when signing a player.

This Sakho link came from a stupid article from ladbrokes didn't it?? Nothing in it IMO.

He's a french international, only 22 years old, was valued at about 15 million euros a season ago and has become unsettled at the mega rich club.

I would asume he will be available at a rock bottom price giving the fact he wants to leave and PSG want to sell. Wether the source of the transfer rumour is ladbroakes or even tribalfooty, i can't

see how we wouldn't be looking at him. He ticks just about every single box Ashley and lambias look for when signing a player.

You have a point there like, he does suit the model.

Still think they won't sell him though, and if they do being rich won't stop them wanting a good fee.

Don't know if he's signed a new contract since the new money came in, but if he has he's probably on absurd wages as well.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's one of the lower earners considering he came through the system and a local lad..... Puyol, Del Piero etc etc always had ridiculously low wages for example. ( atleast by comparison to other players)

Might be clutching at straws a bit but it wouldn't surprise me if he was'nt one of the top earner's at the club.

You have a point there like, he does suit the model.

Still think they won't sell him though, and if they do being rich won't stop them wanting a good fee.

I honestly think if we offered £6.mill in full cash PSG would seriously consider selling him. I forgot to mention that he can also play at left back too. On paper he is perfect for us. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike and Lambias are already negotiating a deal for him and an announcement comes out of the blue just like the Cabaye and Santon deals. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.  :lol:

Sakho is too high profile and expensive anyway imo. We need a CB but not necessarily somebody who is a guarenteed starter dictated by a high fee. Douglas sounded perfect, good enough to come in and rival Taylor but more off-the-beaten-track than to demand being a nailed on first choice.

Guest BooBoo

What I'd be spending our budget on is:

RB- Debuchy looks the real deal. Get the bastard in.

CB- I still think Saylor and Colo are a quality pairing. A central defender 19-23 yrs old would be ideal. Not too expensive and not someone who will demand to go straight into the first XI.

Forward- Perhaps not a striker but someone more comfortable in the role Ba played last season post January. Doesn't have to be a break the bank signing but forward cover is essential as we've lost Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger is neither use nor ornament.

Central midfield- I think we still need another body. Cabaye and Tiote obviously are first choice but after that it's kids and unprovens like Gosling. I've a feeling though we'll risk it and gamble on Abeid and Vuckic being able to step up this year. I certainly reckon for Vuckic this season is now make or break.

Agree with all of that and I'm sure most on here would too. Personally I'd be looking to loan out at least 2 of Gosling/Vuckic/Abeid/Bigirimana. The first 3 in particular need it desperately.

Anita sounds a good signing for midfield who can also cover our weaknesses at full-back.

Guest BooBoo

Ideallly I'd be happy with another Bassong esque signing for centre back. Easier said than done I know.