NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Well it is a tough one but I think we should be buying someone that is better than both Saylor and Willo. Williams wouldn't be the worst choice but I don't think he will dislodge Saylor. Just being snobbish after the Douglas/Mbiwa links. Could still see us going back in for Pieters tbh.

Well it is a tough one but I think we should be buying someone that is better than both Saylor and Willo. Williams wouldn't be the worst choice but I don't think he will dislodge Saylor. Just being snobbish after the Douglas/Mbiwa links. Could still see us going back in for Pieters tbh.

Dont agree tbh, Williams is quick, strong, a beast in the air and comfortable in possession as well having a very good range of passing.

What's not to like? He could dislodge Saylor, its not a forgone conclusion but id be happy with Williams and Taylor fighting for a spot both are quality IMO.

I'd be happy with Williams, though it will put too much weight on Taylor being fit and partnering Colo imo, which is something I wouldn't want to bank on. Ideally, either a near Colo-quality CB or a versatile CB who could cover at FB would be great.

Maybe, the upside is he might be more willing to be patient in working for his chance. Could see Douglas less patient.

There's that too, both him and Taylor wont expect to start every game although they would want to and obviously the better performer will get the start.

Also due to his ability on the ball we could have Taylor and Williams and rest Colo for some games.

I like it personally, i hope there is actually truth to it.

I think Coloccini, Taylor, Williamson and Williams is a good quartet of centre-backs to go into the season with, particularly if our cover options are Perch, Tavernier, Good and Streete.

Williams is a good footballer as well as a defender; I know the Swansea style gets a bit of a panning but it's great if we sign him and he's already really comfortable with using the ball well and keeping possession.

Would have him as back up to Coloccini which he wouldn't move for. As a pairing they'd be too small.

Be nice to have another centre half that doesn't treat the ball as an unpinned grenade though.

Guest bimpy474

As a replacement for Williamson yes, not as well as, simply not enough of an improvement overall.