NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Kone would be a much better signing than Bent but I dont see how we can trump Everton.

Without Moyes there we're basically both mid-sized clubs with shit chairmen. I think we might even be able to offer slightly more money.

(Beat Everton to Ba as well, didn't we?)

I wouldn't mind having Kone, but isn't he a bit too similar to Cisse?

He's nothing like Cisse, he's the type who could play wide of a front three if needed and do a very good job IMO.

Kone would be a much better signing than Bent but I dont see how we can trump Everton.

Without Moyes there we're basically both mid-sized clubs with shit chairmen. I think we might even be able to offer slightly more money.

I agree, the only sticking point is Martinez.

I wouldn't mind having Kone, but isn't he a bit too similar to Cisse?

Ummm ... no. Stronger, quicker and better running at defenders with the ball, he will actually take players on.

Couldn't be more different really.

If Bent has a thread Kone probably deserves one too now

Deserves one more to be honest, all we've heard is talk about Bent, we've had a bid officially accepted for Kone.

We are like 3 days in and im already sick of this transfer window.

The whole transfer window thing has become very irritating. Really highlights what I dislike about football.

Without Moyes there we're basically both mid-sized clubs with s*** chairmen. I think we might even be able to offer slightly more money.

We wouldn't pay Ba the wages you were willing to, and, wouldn't include the release clause he joined Chelsea with either.

I would really rather we never blew a big chunk of our budget on a near 30yr old like Kone. So, if you pip us to him, I'm all for it :thup:

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 10m

There's genuine #NUFC interest in Kone, but they've left it very late to try to do deal. Everton already done a large amount of ground work.

This don't sound like us  :lol:

Honestly Scott?, geniune interest eh?, cheers for the info, I thought the £5m bid being accepted meant we had no interest.

Without Moyes there we're basically both mid-sized clubs with s*** chairmen. I think we might even be able to offer slightly more money.

We wouldn't pay Ba the wages you were willing to, and, wouldn't include the release clause he joined Chelsea with either.

I would really rather we never blew a big chunk of our budget on a near 30yr old like Kone. So, if you pip us to him, I'm all for it :thup:

Cheeky.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 10m

There's genuine #NUFC interest in Kone, but they've left it very late to try to do deal. Everton already done a large amount of ground work.

This don't sound like us  :lol:

Hmmm ... this is a sign we put all our eggs in Aubameyang, and are now scrambling around for other solutions. Fantastic.

Cheeky.

Is it? :lol:

I said the same thing about not wanting Kone in the Other Clubs Transfers thread before NUFC had any interest.