NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew obviously wants him here, since we first got linked it's been a daily running story.

Aye thats why the press are running with it :lol:

So you don't think Pardew wants Darren Bent?

What does that matter? I dare say Pardew wanted Carroll & Falcao but as its not in his hands who cares what he wants? The club indicated to the local press that they wont pay his fee or wages so quite why the national press and gullible people think we will is beyond me really.

This changed imo as soon as JFK came in. He will likely listen to Pardew's english targets over Carr's french names. If they are reviewing the strategy or blueprint then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to sort a fee out and knock Bent's wages down a tad.

Not gullible, just can see something in it since Kinnear came in.

So you automatically assume the worst without any proof? I mean like the club actively going for Carr's targets as i type if you believe the media who would know more than me and you? Fair enough, gullible wasnt the right word then really :lol:

I said it's likely, which imo it is. Nothing concrete, no assumptions and aye no proof. I only go off what I read.

It's not exactly the most outrageous claim to say I think Darren Bent will end up at Newcastle. 

Is this Darren Bent stuff serious?

Kind of hard to ignore now when it's being constantly reported everywhere.  Wonder if Kinnear's siding with Pardew on his transfer ideas.

It's highly dubious like, seems like various media outlets reporting each other and giving the story momentum.

As we've been saying, it's only plausible if you believe that the appointment of JFK means that we're throwing away our transfer strategy...

So after receiving the biggest payday this club has ever received with the new TV money we are still being priced out of our targets, we really are set for years of being an absolute disaster.

Swansea would make a mockery of us if they go and match the valuation of him seeing as they are rumoured to want him too. If West Ham and co can afford to spend £15m on a first choice striker, I really don't get why we apparently can't afford it.

So after receiving the biggest payday this club has ever received with the new TV money we are still being priced out of our targets, we really are set for years of being an absolute disaster.

Swansea would make a mockery of us if they go and match the valuation of him seeing as they are rumoured to want him too. If West Ham and co can afford to spend £15m on a first choice striker, I really don't get why we apparently can't afford it.

We spent £10m on Cisse very recently, and everyone seems to agree we need another striker. I doubt it's the price tag that will stop us getting him.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew obviously wants him here, since we first got linked it's been a daily running story.

What does that matter? I dare say Pardew wanted Carroll & Falcao but as its not in his hands who cares what he wants? The club indicated to the local press that they wont pay his fee or wages so quite why the national press and gullible people think we will is beyond me really.

This changed imo as soon as JFK came in. He will likely listen to Pardew's english targets over Carr's french names. If they are reviewing the strategy or blueprint then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to sort a fee out and knock Bent's wages down a tad.

So you automatically assume the worst without any proof? I mean like the club actively going for Carr's targets as i type if you believe the media who would know more than me and you? Fair enough, gullible wasnt the right word then really :lol:

I said it's likely, which imo it is. Nothing concrete, no assumptions and aye no proof. I only go off what I read.

It's not exactly the most outrageous claim to say I think Darren Bent will end up at Newcastle. 

So you prefer trusting stories with zero quotes in them which go against everything the club does in the transfer market? Fair enough :lol:

We need a signing to boost our morale after what happened last season and now with JFK. However, if it is Bent I think that may deflate confidence in the club even further.

TBH I think it's as least as likely that JFK would push for a crowd-pleasing signing as it is he would back Pardew on buying Bent. That's if Pardew actually wants Bent anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

Haven't we supposedly had a £15 million bid rejected? What are you folks on about.

Chronicle saying we havent bid yet so god knows about that story. People are focusing on the much less desirable Bent story because a few journo's like to think Pardew is in charge.

It's going to be yet another summer of disappointment. We'll, again, be left behind in the market. Other teams around us making excellent signings, build on their form, improve. We're looking at Darren Bent.

We are going backwards.

If the only thing stopping us signing Aubameyang is his £15m price tag...I give up.

yeah, it is very frustrating. Signing him for 15 mill is "cheap". I mean after a couple of season in  the PL and with his potential in mind i truely believe there is money to be made from him in the future.

It would be an ok career move for him as well. Especially if we manage to hold on to our best players imo.

please make it happen (still writting about this even though i promised myself i wouldn´t)  :sad:

So you prefer trusting stories with zero quotes in them which go against everything the club does in the transfer market? Fair enough :lol:

Ah man.

No. I'm looking at the season just gone and think they will alter the strategy slightly if Pardew and Kinnear have their say. I shouldn't have to look for quotes to make an opinion if a player is coming.

That's for one player, i'm not suggesting they are going to bin the blueprint altogether and ruin all previous work.

I'm sick of arguing. I think Bent will be here, you don't.

Guest reefatoon
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-axaSrmMATO8/TWRzGp17P_I/AAAAAAAAAzo/XIcfsDl4hHI/s1600/Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

It's going to be yet another summer of disappointment. We'll, again, be left behind in the market. Other teams around us making excellent signings, build on their form, improve. We're looking at Darren Bent.

We are going backwards.

:suicide:

Guest Roger Kint

We are going backwards.

:suicide:

Full of emo kids this place at times :lol: