NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Bit of wishful thinking going on IMO. Yes, we've received some big fees in the recent past but so far we've not sold a good player to one of the really top clubs. If Man United or Chelsea wanted Cabaye or Tiote then the player would desperately want to leave which greatly reduces our negotiating position from that suggested above. If that happens then so be it, we just have to hope the club reinvests that money properly and wisely.

apart from carroll we've pretty much bought and sold in the same financial region, however it may be the case that as the finances get better then we can spend more and pay bigger wages. if it goes backwards then we'll spend less and cut the wage bill. little different to a lot of other clubs really.

Well that's my point, just because we got silly money for Carroll doesn't mean that we could demand £25m for Tiote and therefore clubs won't meet our valuation as some seem to believe. If Chelsea started off at £12m I think we'd be struggling.

We'd tell them to fuck right off at that price IMO.

I think Tiote is exactly the sort of player who'd go for over the odds.

In a similar way to how English players go for preposterous prices because they're English, I think Tiote is often touted as a "destructive" player who is worthy of consideration for the "top" teams.

As I say, whenever I've seen him, he has the traits of a good player but is talked about in a higher regard than his footballing ability should dictate. He's the archetypal "media will drive the price up" player, so if you're looking to sell, then you can rightly expect £20m. Not that he's a £20m player, but that £20m is a price he can command.

Probably doesn't make sense but oh well.

http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-tasci-ist-nicht-reif-fuer-die-insel.022a16cc-5651-4502-821b-4c8e6b9e13e6.html

Serdar Tasci doesn't want to join neither us or Spurs.

Translated:

The English Premier League clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United to sign him. "The interest is known to us," said Uli Ferber Tascis consultant - ". That we are so busy but definitely not" to add the same, Tasci is currently not ready for the island. This is so because he would think at all only to a change if it brings a sportier rise would be guaranteed. For in the new season, he may present with VfB in the Europa League - and more would be there even if not currently Tottenham and Newcastle.

Tasci would only start to wonder if a prominent club should knock out the Champions League. Theoretically, he could leave VfB because there are valid until 2014 in his contract a get-out clause that allows him to transfer to a foreign club for a pre-written release.

http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-tasci-ist-nicht-reif-fuer-die-insel.022a16cc-5651-4502-821b-4c8e6b9e13e6.html

Serdar Tasci doesn't want to join neither us or Spurs.

Translated:

The English Premier League clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United to sign him. "The interest is known to us," said Uli Ferber Tascis consultant - ". That we are so busy but definitely not" to add the same, Tasci is currently not ready for the island. This is so because he would think at all only to a change if it brings a sportier rise would be guaranteed. For in the new season, he may present with VfB in the Europa League - and more would be there even if not currently Tottenham and Newcastle.

Tasci would only start to wonder if a prominent club should knock out the Champions League. Theoretically, he could leave VfB because there are valid until 2014 in his contract a get-out clause that allows him to transfer to a foreign club for a pre-written release.

No updates on Douglas either? :(

Cadena Ser linking us, Spurs and Villa with Javi Marquez again.

Has VI commented on him here? From the little I've seen, I wouldn't mind him as an option/backup. He's got a release clause worth €8m, but reports suggest he'll be sold way below that figure.

I like Javi Marquez.... comfortable in possession and accurate passer and defensively decent i think he would be a good player for us in a 3 man midfield role and probably better at keeping the ball than any of our current midfielders.

Guest magpie99

Cisse cost pretty much double any of those others, and was easily the biggest transfer Ashley has sanctioned here beyond Colo which happened before he got all interested in the finances.

Dave, until this season under Ashley, we havent really been in a financial position to spend big anyway. It is widely regarded that the Cisse purchase was funded from the Virgin shirt sponsorship money and if we get a stadium sponsor, it is likely another reasonably high purchase will be obtained.

On the sub ject of Moses, people think he will cost a fortune but isnt he in the last year of his Wigan contract and hasnt he told them it is his intention to leave? I think this alone could lower his value to a more reasonable and affordable figure.

Guest magpie99

If you look at the situation regarding the squad more peripherially, I think Ashley holds the trump cards in the negotiating processes:

As I see it, the following points seem applicable:

.  We have a decent squad with a very good spine.

.  The spirit within the club from the top down is excellent.

.  Our squad is full oof good young to youngish players, hopefully greedy for success.

.  We are probably one of the most financially stable clubs in the country.

.  We have a host of highly valued players, the envy of many clubs and we do NOT have to sell to survive.

.  The players all seem to want to stay and drive the club further.

.  Ashley seems to be determined to fund a higher quality and standard of academy player therefore raising the value of his assets as they develop.

.  Ashley is a tough negotiator as shown countless times in the past. Look at the Andy Carroll transfer, the fact he got an extra million out of WHU for Kieron Dyer and the fact he is [repared to walk away from negotiations for players he sees as over valued (Cisse case as example) in order to get his man or equivalent at a lower cost.

.  Ashley is aligning the club to the new financial fair play rulings which are coming in by ensuring the club is self sufficient which is something moast other PL clubs are unable gto do as they all carry horrendous debt, with the exception of the likes of City and Chelsea. Take a look at Spurs, liverpool, Sunderland, Bolton, QPR etc whno have all extended themselves in recent times and will now find it more difficult to adhere to FFP. With the club being basically debt free (other than what we owe Ashley himself), no interest payments to banks, the decisions to pay transfer fees in total up front, we could find ourselves at the sharp end being able to afford better players due to our policies whilst other clubs like the aforementioned struggle in the free transfer and loan market. Liverpool have already stated a reduction in funds available, as have Sunderland and when you look at the b usiness Spurs did in January by selling Pavluchenko andf others whilst bringing in Saha and Nelson on loan tells me that these clubs are struggling and will continue to do so because they have extended themselves to much.

.  This would mean that any outgoing transfer fees for our best players would be at premium levels to only top financially stable clubs and we should have the whip hand in the negotiating processes.

All in all, like him or loathe him, Ashley has pulled our club up by the bootlaces and in the near future, we wil be the envy of many the way we are run and I have no doubt, our model will be copied by most others.

Sorry for the long post but I dont think I am being over optimistic but more of an insight into a very good future for NUFC.

Cisse cost pretty much double any of those others, and was easily the biggest transfer Ashley has sanctioned here beyond Colo which happened before he got all interested in the finances.

It is widely regarded that the Cisse purchase was funded from the Virgin shirt sponsorship money

Was it? First I've ever heard of it like.

Guest bimpy474

It is widely regarded that the Cisse purchase was funded from the Virgin shirt sponsorship money

Was it? First I've ever heard of it like.

I thought it was the money left over from the tramps sale, Dekka mentioned saving some up for the winter window didn't he ?

Guest bimpy474

On the sub ject of Moses, people think he will cost a fortune but isnt he in the last year of his Wigan contract and hasnt he told them it is his intention to leave? I think this alone could lower his value to a more reasonable and affordable figure.

You musn't underestimate the hatred that Dave Whelan has for Ashley, he possibly wouldn't even sell to us because of that.

You musn't underestimate the hatred that Dave Whelan has for Ashley, he possibly wouldn't even sell to us because of that.

Absolutely. And wasn't Zog in the last year of his contract before moving to Villa for £9/10mil? No way would Whelan let Moses go for less than £8mil imo. Could be wrong, like.

An interesting hypothetical came to me. Torres is clearly unhappy at Chelsea, and recently I think I’ve seen glimpses of him recovering his best form.

If you were offered a Cisse – Torres swap, would you take it? (assuming Torres would want to come and wages could be sorted etc etc)

I would.