NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Cabaye clause.

Ba and Marveaux free.

Obertan selling club wanted rid.

Completely different kettle of fish to where we find ourselves now. We are after clubs best players, players who will improve our already good first 11.

Cabaye clause.

Ba and Marveaux free.

Completely different kettle of fish to where we find ourselves now. We are after clubs best players, players who will improve our already good first 11.

As long as you're still confident we'll sign 1 or 2 players that would improve the XI..... :pow:

Cabaye clause.

Ba and Marveaux free.

As long as you're still confident we'll sign 1 or 2 players that would improve the XI..... :pow:

If anything depending on who you consider our rivals they have pretty much done the same bar chelsea but we couldnt compete with them anyway.  Not been many signings in general this summer of note.

I personally doubt we will get a centre back in. We will take the same risk we did last season but with Curtis Good as a completely unproven 4th choice.

I think we will get a striker in because we have to. We've got rid of Best and Lovenkrands and Ranger and Xisco clearly have no future here. We can't attack 4 competitions with just Ba, Cisse and Shola.

As far as a right back goes, I think we will sell Simpson regardless. Ashley won't give him the contract he wants, nor will he want to lose him for nothing in a year. I think we will bank a few million for him. But that doesn't guarantee we will sign a full back to replace him. If we don't get our targets on the cheap, Ashley may decide to leave us with Santon, Perch and Raylor, with Saylor and Gutierrez as emergency full back cover.

The only area we can realistically improve the first team is at right back so that's where I'd put the bulk of our money. We do need another forward, I'd go for someone pacy, young and versatile who can play wide of a front 3 as well as part of a front 2. We need a forward in the Bellamy mould who likes to work the channels, because Ba, Cisse and Ameobi all like to stay central. Perhaps we will go for that young French trialist. I recall the club saying we were interested and he is said to be lightning quick. Most of all he will be cheap. Given the choice, I don't see much point in throwing lots of money at a striker and pennies at a full back. For me it would be the other way round.

I worry a little bit about our width. Obertan doesn't look good enough and Marveaux seems very prone to injury. Gutierrez is a player I really rate but delivery in the final third is his major weakness. That leaves just Ben Arfa. I would cut our losses on Obertan and bring in another winger.

I personally doubt we will get a centre back in. We will take the same risk we did last season but with Curtis Good as a completely unproven 4th choice.

I think we will get a striker in because we have to. We've got rid of Best and Lovenkrands and Ranger and Xisco clearly have no future here. We can't attack 4 competitions with just Ba, Cisse and Shola.

As far as a right back goes, I think we will sell Simpson regardless. Ashley won't give him the contract he wants, nor will he want to lose him for nothing in a year. I think we will bank a few million for him. But that doesn't guarantee we will sign a full back to replace him. If we don't get our targets on the cheap, Ashley may decide to leave us with Santon, Perch and Raylor, with Saylor and Gutierrez as emergency full back cover.

The only area we can realistically improve the first team is at right back so that's where I'd put the bulk of our money. We do need another forward, I'd go for someone pacy, young and versatile who can play wide of a front 3 as well as part of a front 2. We need a forward in the Bellamy mould who likes to work the channels, because Ba, Cisse and Ameobi all like to stay central. Perhaps we will go for that young French trialist. I recall the club saying we were interested and he is said to be lightning quick. Most of all he will be cheap. Given the choice, I don't see much point in throwing lots of money at a striker and pennies at a full back. For me it would be the other way round.

I worry a little bit about our width. Obertan doesn't look good enough and Marveaux seems very prone to injury. Gutierrez is a player I really rate but delivery in the final third is his major weakness. That leaves just Ben Arfa. I would cut our losses on Obertan and bring in another winger.

Lighten up man.

Dunno, I think he makes some pretty good points. I don't think it's massively negative either. Based on this window, we're obviously not going to be able to compete in Europe and the league, but as long as we put in some effort in Europe, I'll mainly be looking for us to reproduce our league form from last season. The financial side of the Europa essentially means that even if we do really well and win/draw 10+ matches, we're unlikely to bring home much more than 6-7m in TV, prize money and attendances.

In terms of the long-term finances and balance, I think we're doing ok. We desperately need a RB, we also desperately need a useful, young striker. Apart from that, I think we could start the season with what we have and do really well

Think we are a better squad at the start of this season than the start of last, however were in a great position to make it so much more, to a point where 2-3 key signings keeps us top 8 for the next several seasons. I really hope we don't blow it, yes it's annoying and frustrating, but the value for money approach since coming back up is what we've lived off, and lived well, we can't just abandon this blueprint because a couple of teams are playing hardball, do that and the door opens for us to be ripped off again.

We have no problem identifying the quality, we seem to have no problem attracting those players even with a wage structure that's tight in comparison to the premier league and up until now everyone was happy to deal with us, but since we keep making epic moves in the market everyone wants more than they'd normally want and were rightly not willing to go past our limit. The only player we've missed out on is de jong, only one team so far has been willing to pay more than us to get the deal across the line and tbh, they paid a kings ransom for a player that hasn't proved anything at top level.

Lighten up man.

Perhaps my post wasn't worded well, I'm certainly not hitting the panic button with 3 weeks to go. But I'm also not complacent Ashley will get the players we need. If we can upgrade at right back and bring in a fourth striker, I'd be pretty happy with that. Provided we don't lose anyone of course. Another centre back is needed, but I doubt we'll get it.

That's more or less the point I was trying to get across. Until they're in it's a case of wait and see. As it stands we are not equipped for a 55 game season, but there are 3 weeks to go and we're hitting the business end of the transfer window.

Lighten up man.

Wouldn't say he/she was being that negative like

To be honest, I'm not overly worried about not signing anyone just yet. The whole transfer market has been slow this summer. The only clubs that are spending are Man Yoo, Chelsea and Arsenal. They're the only clubs that I'd say have improved on what they had last year and let's face it we're not likely to be competing with them for the league title next year. If Tottenham/Lolerpool/Everton, clubs we are realistically are competing with for 5/6/7th, had been significantly improving their squads, then I'd be concerned.

Just pleased none of our top players appear to be on their way.

Lighten up man.

Perhaps my post wasn't worded well, I'm certainly not hitting the panic button with 3 weeks to go. But I'm also not complacent Ashley will get the players we need. If we can upgrade at right back and bring in a fourth striker, I'd be pretty happy with that. Provided we don't lose anyone of course. Another centre back is needed, but I doubt we'll get it.

That's more or less the point I was trying to get across. Until they're in it's a case of wait and see. As it stands we are not equipped for a 55 game season, but there are 3 weeks to go and we're hitting the business end of the transfer window.

think you got the initial post largely spot on imo.

wouldn't sell Obertan mind as i think he can contribute as an impact sub. and i'm not sure you can really get a forward good enough to contribute substantially to the first team (more significantly than, say, Sammy) by spending peanuts. a top RB might cost £6m but you'd have to spend at least around the same to get a versatile back-up forward.

http://www.webmhsc.com/mapou-parle-du-milan-ac-et-de-newcastle-av11040.html

Quotes from Mbiwa saying he's happy to hear there's interest from Milan and us.

Spaff in my pants if that came off, but doubt it will happen. Don't they want daft money for him even though he's in his last year?

Montpellier full-back Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is still hopeful that his club can come to an agreement with Milan for his transfer

http://www.football-italia.net/22705/yanga-mbiwa-maintains-milan-hope

Yanga-Mbiwa. "  I know that Newcastle is also interested in me  , "says the Montpellier. And Yanga-Mbiwa is even his small projects. A detour to Newcastle before finishing in Milan? Why not ... "  Newcastle is a great opportunity for me, and I hope that eventually I could join Milan. Newcastle before joining Milan would give me the chance to mature even more and gain more experience. We'll see what happens.  "

Lighten up man.

think you got the initial post largely spot on imo.

wouldn't sell Obertan mind as i think he can contribute as an impact sub. and i'm not sure you can really get a forward good enough to contribute substantially to the first team (more significantly than, say, Sammy) by spending peanuts. a top RB might cost £6m but you'd have to spend at least around the same to get a versatile back-up forward.

I see what you're saying with Obertan, but if Marveaux gets crocked again I think there'll be huge pressure on Ben Arfa for creativity. Gutierrez doesn't get the goals or assists and Ba, reading between the lines, is not that happy playing out wide. I don't mind the idea of Obertan off the bench but if he has to play a string of games in the first team we'll quickly grow frustrated with him. IF the money is there, it's one area we should look at, but striker, right back and centre back are more pressing priorities.

I agree with you that a right back and a forward would cost significant amounts but if the budget is too limited then I'd say stick the money on a proven right back to improve the first team and try and pull off a gamble on a promising, less proven forward. It doesn't make sense to me that we are claiming to chase Carroll while putting such small bids in for Debuchy. We can afford to upgrade our right back while we can't afford to upgrade our strikers, so why are we offering pennies for a right back and moving for a very expensive striker?

Whilst I appreciate the posts concerning adherence to our transfer 'value for money' policy so far given how well it has served us previously, doubts must exist as there is often a premium attached to buys that occur at the end of windows. The board may well decide that this premium is irreconcilable with their transfer policy.

That being said I think we will get the players we need, though maybe not the specific players we want.

Guest frazernufc

Spaff in my pants if that came off, but doubt it will happen. Don't they want daft money for him even though he's in his last year?

Montpellier full-back Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is still hopeful that his club can come to an agreement with Milan for his transfer

Yanga-Mbiwa. "  I know that Newcastle is also interested in me  , "says the Montpellier. And Yanga-Mbiwa is even his small projects. A detour to Newcastle before finishing in Milan? Why not ... "  Newcastle is a great opportunity for me, and I hope that eventually I could join Milan. Newcastle before joining Milan would give me the chance to mature even more and gain more experience. We'll see what happens.  "

He would be a great signing, my only concern is that he would be using us as a stepping stone club.

He would be a great signing, my only concern is that he would be using us as a stepping stone club.

Doesn't bother me tbh, lets face it if any of our current players was wanted by Milan they would leave asap.

Would be a fantastic signing regardless if he considers us a stepping stone or not.

I know most players would leave to go to Milan anyway, but I'm not comfortable signing a player who has publicly stated he would rather go somewhere else. Not that it will happen anyway.

Santon has publicly stated his desire to move to Milan too. Does that make you uncomfortable?

A lot of players see us as a stepping stone, I am sure HBA, Cabaye & Cisse just to name a few took the option to join us so they could get themselves in the EPL window for bigger clubs to see them. Not to bothered really as a lot of players that join us with views of moving to a bigger club end up loving it here so much leaving is harder for them to do.

We should be looking to get Mbiwa in way before we try to sign Douglas.