NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Tyson

Obertan's first touch is actually very, very good. It's what he does with the ball afterwards that lets him down.

From a standing start maybe. That's the least to be expected from a professional footballer though, especially an attacking mid.

I differ though when he's receiving the ball, while running at pace ie. operating off-the-shoulder of the forward. He doesn't cushion the ball at when moving at pace, when shadowed by a defender. In those situations that heavy touch allows his man a bit more reaction time & the chance to apply pressure, a bump etc. That's why i think he's often muscled off-the-ball by his opposite number,  in the passages of play culminating & ultimately ending in Obertan overlapping & being fed by a forward.

With Tyson on this one. I said a few days ago - tongue-in-cheek - that if football was a one-person game, Obertan would be really good. Add in defenders, having to move at pace and make quick decisions is not his forte. I was saying the other day I hoped we sold him and brought in a replacement in this window but if we do keep him, I'll always support him and hope he manages to turn it around

He's fine as the 4th choice winger in the squad. He's mostly shite, but at least gives us some width and teams do have to be concerned about his pace. I'd start him on the wing ahed of Raylor.

If Marveaux is fit we should be OK on the flanks with him, Jonas and Ben Arfa battling for two spots and Obertan getting the odd run out here and there. That's a very big if though.

As well as Jonas, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Obertan; Amalfitano looks like he'll be used wide, as well as Sammy and Ferguson who can be played on the left and Ryan Taylor on the right.

We've even used Shola as a right-wing player to shut the flank down later in a game. We have fucktonnes of options wide.

He's fine as the 4th choice winger in the squad. He's mostly s****, but at least gives us some width and teams do have to be concerned about his pace. I'd start him on the wing ahed of Raylor.

If Marveaux is fit we should be OK on the flanks with him, Jonas and Ben Arfa battling for two spots and Obertan getting the odd run out here and there. That's a very big if though.

Will he be happy as being 4th choice at the club tho.

I'm not convinced by this theory that Obertan has great technique. Technique normally  shines through over time, regardless of other considerations, hence why the best penalty takers are usually the ones with great technique, even when they're under pressure. This doesn't happen with Obertan, he loses possession over and over and over again.

Watch him in a warm-up when there is no pressure.

If I did would I learn that he's got great technique when he's not under pressure?

Because through watching him play in games I've learned that his technique isn't particularly good when under pressure.

Guest reefatoon

When i go to bed im not even slightly excited about the coming morning anymore, as i know there'll be f*** all anyway.

Christ almighty, do you need the number for the Samaritans?

However frustrating the whole Debuchy saga is/was and the lack of incoming action so far, for me, the blow has been largely softened by how good Amalfitano and Bigi have both looked in pre-season.

Couple of young, exciting looking players we've got for next to nothing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

However frustrating the whole Debuchy saga is/was and the lack of incoming action so far, for me, the blow has been largely softened by how good Amalfitano and Bigi have both looked in pre-season.

Couple of good, exciting looking players we've got for next to nothing.

Good post

Good post

Yeah, he looks good as well  :smug:

Good post

It's easy to look good in preseason if you are trying a little harder to impress than the players who've been here a little longer. Pre season form means absolutely nothing. The two lads are clearly talented though but I'm not goona get all giddy about them until I see them preform in a NUFC when it counts.

Their arrivals should not excuse the lack of activity on the first team level, which is now getting quite alarming.

Obertan's technique is certainly in the world's top 1%.

1% of what though?

Butterflies?

Coffee beans?

Cranes?

Amputees?

He's fucking shite, and has the heart of a sheep.

1% of all humans. As would be all Premier League players.

Good post

It's easy to look good in preseason if you are trying a little harder to impress than the players who've been here a little longer. Pre season form means absolutely nothing. The two lads are clearly talented though but I'm not goona get all giddy about them until I see them preform in a NUFC when it counts.

Their arrivals should not excuse the lack of activity on the first team level, which is now getting quite alarming.

I didn't say their arrivals 'excused the lack of activity on the first team level' but who's to say they aren't first team material? I merely pointed out that their arrivals had softened the blow of the disappointment of no 'obvious' first team players.

1% of what though?

Butterflies?

Coffee beans?

Cranes?

Amputees?

He's fucking shite, and has the heart of a sheep.

Your point being?

Wait, why am I even asking? :rolleyes:

1% of what though?

Butterflies?

Coffee beans?

Cranes?

Amputees?

He's f***ing s****, and has the heart of a sheep.

Great, lets sign Emile Heskey then, he's in the top one percent after all.  :idiot2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

there there son, it'll be allright!